Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:04   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 786 Times
Default

Instead of a permanent roof mount, why dont you get a philips or a coby portable DVD player? It runs of 12V DC as well as your regular AC. The screen size is 7" and it can be attached to your rear seat head rests. After all its the rear passengers who will be watching the screen not the driver.
wanderernomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:02   #17
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

[quote=wanderernomad;1817778]Instead of a permanent roof mount, why dont you get a philips or a coby portable DVD player? It runs of 12V DC as well as your regular AC. The screen size is 7" and it can be attached to your rear seat head rests. After all its the rear passengers who will be watching the screen not the driver.[/quot



Does the rear seat fixing clamp comes with the DVD player please advice
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 01:50   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 786 Times
Default

Yes it does. There is no clamp but a fabric seat mount. It secures easily and detaches even quicker. Will try to post a picture of the setup here if I get the time tomorrow.
wanderernomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 16:00   #19
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 164
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Different models roof mount DVD with LCD panel

Today I went around JC Road in Bangalore and found the following models. Ofcourse, if one need to buy, JCV, price is around 29000.

Worldtech --- they are ready to give it for around Rs. 6800 with 6 months warranty
Chicago --- final sellinng price is around Rs. 7000 without any warranty
Circuit --- SP is around Rs. 19000 with 1 year warranty
Necvox --- SP is around 17500 with 1 year warranty

All the mentioned model is having 9 inch LCD panel with DVD, USB and memory card options. I am not familiar with any of the mentioned models and request someone to guide me on this. I am planning to get one sometime next weekend. They will be fixing this on the roof, between the middle rear view mirror and the front seat. This means, the front seat passenger can control the operation. The experience dBHPian, in using this type of devices, could share their part of the story, like whether the LCD is going to obstruct the rear view or not.
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 19:52   #20
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

I heard Necvox is a branded one with good name i heard many of my friends recomending it, did u find RD brand they have their market presence in chennai by the way in which vehicle you are planning to fix please post your photos once you have fixed thank you
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 06:23   #21
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 164
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I heard Necvox is a branded one with good name i heard many of my friends recomending it, did u find RD brand they have their market presence in chennai by the way in which vehicle you are planning to fix please post your photos once you have fixed thank you
Thanks. I liked the Chicago version by its look. I am planning to fix it in my SX4 ZXi 2008 model.

Friends, I need some more input on this. Waiting for it.
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 09:55   #22
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Do you have the photo of Chicago version ? if so please post it here
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 12:05   #23
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

After going through all posts, internet, and reveiws i selected Panasonic LS 86 a wonderfull model & iam really delighted to have bought, it has got whole lot of features

Its an portable DVD player with 8.5 inches screen with terrific twin speakers on either side & comes along with a base stand to be fixed to the rear of the seat to which player can be temporarily fixed or removed

The main highlight is the 13 hrs play back after one full charge & the FM transmission of sound to your car stereo, result theatre effect, no wiring needed brilliant.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 13:18   #24
BHPian
 
DDDHRUV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 113
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Dear Sathyaprakash
Please give pricing details and share photos of the device. Does it have memory card and USB support as well.
DDDHRUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 20:37   #25
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

No, it does not have memory card or USB support but Ipod can be added to it, It has got both AV in & AV out & lot of cables to support

i have not taken photo till now i will post it when i have, You can check the net by typing the model NO. Panasonic LS 86, pricing around 10K


i basically selected this kind of model instead of the roof mounted bcz i found my ANHC roof to be too low and fixing a roof mounted would definetly obstruct my RVM, further fixing this does not need any technical support and does not distract the driver in anyway further its portable!! thanks for all forum members for thier support

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 17th April 2010 at 20:48. Reason: to add new
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 06:38   #26
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 164
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
No, it does not have memory card or USB support but Ipod can be added to it, It has got both AV in & AV out & lot of cables to support

i have not taken photo till now i will post it when i have, You can check the net by typing the model NO. Panasonic LS 86, pricing around 10K


i basically selected this kind of model instead of the roof mounted bcz i found my ANHC roof to be too low and fixing a roof mounted would definetly obstruct my RVM, further fixing this does not need any technical support and does not distract the driver in anyway further its portable!! thanks for all forum members for thier support
Sathyaprakash,
Thanks for the info. Even I was in double mind about the roof mount dvd player. I was wondering why these guys are not giving any gurantee for the item cost around 8K. Now I am also very clear to go for portable dvd player, after seeing your post. Other aspect that keep me worry was the heat. One of my friends, who is expert in displays, mentioned that the performance of the LCD goes down with temperature. It is obvious that we can't get the shade all the time and the temperature inside the car can go easily around 40+. Did you buy this from some shop in Chennai or got it through net?
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 08:40   #27
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Sarin> Your right, for that matter any electronics will get damaged if its put constantly in heat & the worst place to attract more heat in a car is the dashboard & roof top being in chennai the hottest place i was also concerned about the heat aspect further,

portable DVD has lot of other advantages over a car mounted and this particular DVD is made to sit in both car & your home it has got anti-skid protection,moonlight & daylight adjustment, FM transmission while travelling in a car and for home lot AV In & Out with AUX

I bought from a friends shop in Chennai where he mentioned this particular model is recommended for car.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 10:30   #28
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 164
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Sarin> Your right, for that matter any electronics will get damaged if its put constantly in heat & the worst place to attract more heat in a car is the dashboard & roof top being in chennai the hottest place i was also concerned about the heat aspect further,

portable DVD has lot of other advantages over a car mounted and this particular DVD is made to sit in both car & your home it has got anti-skid protection,moonlight & daylight adjustment, FM transmission while travelling in a car and for home lot AV In & Out with AUX

I bought from a friends shop in Chennai where he mentioned this particular model is recommended for car.
Great. Could you please share the shop address in Chennai. What I am also interested in is the holder using which i can hang it behind the front seat. Please share the photos of both.
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 18:40   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 528
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

I am looking for Roof mounted DVD player for my Innova V model. I have a stock Music system so I need DVD player not just LCD screen. My budget is max 20k.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 15:43   #30
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 164
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I am looking for Roof mounted DVD player for my Innova V model. I have a stock Music system so I need DVD player not just LCD screen. My budget is max 20k.
The following are some of the info I collected from shops in Bangalore. All are roof mount DVD player with LCD option.

JVC --- price is around 29000.

Worldtech --- they are ready to give it for around Rs. 6800 with 6 months warranty
Chicago --- final sellinng price is around Rs. 7000 without any warranty
Circuit --- SP is around Rs. 19000 with 1 year warranty
Necvox --- SP is around 17500 with 1 year warranty

Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roof mounted DVD Player and Rear View Camera aquavelva In-Car Entertainment 26 29th May 2012 09:25
Is it 2 Player(MP3 Player & DVD player) Possible in my i10? camon In-Car Entertainment 4 17th October 2010 11:35
Alpine CD Player or Digital Media Receiver or a Clarion 2 DIN DVD Player ? esteem_lover In-Car Entertainment 36 13th February 2009 12:05
Please suggest for a roof mounted LCD unit (7-10") with a built-in DVD player kishoryk In-Car Entertainment 2 21st August 2008 13:31
Service centre required for LG CD-player/writer cum DVD player benbsb29 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 18th January 2007 11:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks