Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th October 2005, 01:22   #1
BHPian

Default New System :d

This system is for my gf's corolla.. tellme what you guys think.. or if it needs any changes..

HU = Pioneer FH-P5000MP (she saw it in a friends car and it mad about it)
SUBS = 2 Kicker CompVr124 (4ohm dvc) 400min/800peak
Amp - kx1200.1 to power the subs 1200 @ 1ohm
Speakers - Infinity Reference Series REF6010CS (6 1/2 Components FRONT) and Reference Series REF9612I ( 2way REAR 6x9)
AMP 2 - either a RF punch4004 or a JBL 75.4 / kicker 650.4

also does this system req a HO alternator change for a toyota corolla stock battery / or a cap would do / cap ratings? also suggestions for the best box /sealed/ported... ? also how many db's am i looking at? lol.. wiring options / stinger / monster/. .. things that i should look into before installing this setup...
also should i go for the kappa series? SQL setup is what im looking at.. any changes? i think this should make her happy sure makes me hehehehhe..
zoheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 09:50   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoheb
This system is for my gf's corolla.. tellme what you guys think.. or if it needs any changes..

HU = Pioneer FH-P5000MP (she saw it in a friends car and it mad about it)
SUBS = 2 Kicker CompVr124 (4ohm dvc) 400min/800peak
Amp - kx1200.1 to power the subs 1200 @ 1ohm
Speakers - Infinity Reference Series REF6010CS (6 1/2 Components FRONT) and Reference Series REF9612I ( 2way REAR 6x9)
AMP 2 - either a RF punch4004 or a JBL 75.4 / kicker 650.4

also does this system req a HO alternator change for a toyota corolla stock battery / or a cap would do / cap ratings? also suggestions for the best box /sealed/ported... ? also how many db's am i looking at? lol.. wiring options / stinger / monster/. .. things that i should look into before installing this setup...
also should i go for the kappa series? SQL setup is what im looking at.. any changes? i think this should make her happy sure makes me hehehehhe..
whers Sam, JB, Gunbir,Navin ... this looks like a gr8 config .
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 09:50   #3
Team-BHP Support

Nice system. I would request you to try and get a warranty on the Pioneer. I am todl Autocop sells then with a warranty. Not that you should need one. Pios are quite reliable but is always nicer to have one.

2 12" woofers? wont be much left of the trunk once they are in.

Why kicker? have you guys checked out others?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 12:48   #4
BHPian

Smile

2 12's coz she wants some good bass.. i was also thinkin of the infinity perfect 12vdq subs ... 2 of em.. but ive heard they r more sq then sql...they r def better then then compvr's... alpine type r is also a good sub.. but compvr's is the best bang for your buck i think..also its like her personal car.. no one else uses it and she wants one helluva system.. i guess this should be enough.. .. everything nicely put in the truck with one neon would look rockin .... reguading the warranty... the retailers do giev a 1yr waranty on pioneer products... when u are buying @ grey prices...but ill def look into it..

so this is good then..?
zoheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 13:01   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a small note.... the reference series are not the top, kappa is a higher better series. But i've seen a few people actually prefer the sound of the refs.

It's a strange combination you've got, Infinity and Kicker... Umm... Infinity is a bentley and kicker a truck.
Both have their goods and bads, different philiosophies, but to combine the two?....

What kind of music does the young lady listen to? 2 subs will mean loud and bassy music. Then why infinity (refinement and SQ) for the mid-highs?
Nothing wrong with this... but i'm just curious.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 13:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

BTW i would replace the 6x9 in the rear with 6". the bass will be taken car of by the 12" anwyay.

Also do you have a budget. I am quite sure Sam, Gunbir JB might suggest alternates.

If I were to do this I would consider alternates for the Kicker and RF. But then that is me. remember rule 2 from this post...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7768 (Simple Car Stereo)
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 16:23   #7
BHPian

Smile

sam about kappa's yes definately better but one problem they r 2 ohm... and ill haveta find a different amp to power them.. secondly.. the kappa/perfects are expensive.. where as the sound produced../by a ref/ ive heard them personally is quiet good.. im gettin the new 05 series... and about the music that she listens to.
its a bit of everything / trance (proper not psy) proggy stuf/ hip hop / hindi/ remixes etc etc...

lol and about kicker being a truck. your being too harsh i think.. lol its not that bad...

why i choose the 2 simple.. about infinity speakers / lol do i even haveto start? great great sq... its magic when u listen to them . dosent matter what u have /ref/kappa/perfects they all sound good.

kicker for the bass n amp department.. well kicker amps r amazing. the power is always underrated. and about the kicker compvr.. they r great sql subs... ive heard a pair... so u have a bit of both the worlds... amazing clear vocals and great lows by kicker

about your question navin.. u think i should go for 2 componenets then both infinity's fron n rear/ ??

i dont really have a budget . if u have any suggestions they r most welcome/ navin i can look itno your suggestions.. tellme more.

1) different subs? which one?
2) you think kappa or kappa perfects r worth the price? and make a huge diff??? coz i think the ref will do the job aswell.

one more system/
2 infinity perfect 12.1 subs or perfect 12vdq (dvc)
1 jbl + crown BPX1100.1 or a gto1201.1 (will choose 2 ohm subs for this amp)
same infinity ref speaker setup. or a pair of kappa perfect 6.1