Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 12th April 2010, 03:33   #1
Default ICE for SX4 - replacing stock setup

Its been 2.5 yrs that I used the knowledge of TeamBHP to ICE my swift (and without doubt it was a wonderful experience). And now its another year and another car. Looking forward to gurus out here to help me attain my nirvana in this search for something close to perfect for my SX4

Here are some basics:

Budget: 30-35k
Aim: To take out the stock setup and replace with something better

What I want to put in: HU, comps in front, co-axials in rear, an amp and a sub

What have I decided: HU - It will most probably will be Pioneer P3100DVD, call it brand-loyalty for Pio, courtesy 7950UB which has proven to a rockstar till now - no complaints, no lags, just sweet music. Also, my research tells me that P3100 shud fit in the MGA dash kit which will come in place of currect stock HU (thanks Maglev for the dash kit info)

What still keeps me awake: Rest of the components

I have made a brief list of comp speakers which I am targeting;

- Inference reference 6030cs.
- Infinity kappa 60.9cs
- Image dynamics CTX65CS
- Polk Audio db6501

If i try to explain my preference, I will need something giving me a tight bass with detailed midrange, and not harsh tweeters.

I know these differ in price alot, but currently I want to aim for the best (whats best? well since i have been unable to audition any but reference, my ears & the thing between them cant play a role in decision making, so will try explain "best" in words - it is something which is zero distortion, all music - plays rock, jazz, regular punjabi stuff - beautifully, capturing as much detail as possible). Pls suggest which of these will suit that criteria?

Also, pls shed some light on which co-axials will go good with the right comps.

I dont have a sub in my swift (rear 6x9 do the job well enough), but this time am aiming for one (dont wanna cut thru the metal sheet). Honestly, dont have much idea about what kind of sub will be okay for a sedan. Dont know how to explain, but I like sweet bass, not much of boomy or overblown kinds (which induces distortion). I heard a friend's JBL sub in Dzire, and didnt like it - it was just too flat, the sweet thud was missing. Any brand ideas (alpine, blau) or kind of setup (open box, sealed box etc) would be much appreciated.

Something not too expensive (~5-6k), but that can do justice with above setup. Gurus, pls do some guiding thing here.

I am about to leave for a short trip to the states, hence can bring in some stuff from there (thats why hoping 35k wud be enough!). Though, not sure if bringing a sub or an amp from there would be good idea?

Looking forward to enlightenment!

Last edited by maverickzCar : 12th April 2010 at 03:38.
maverickzCar is offline   Reply With Quote