Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 14th April 2010, 09:43   #1
BHPian

Default Double Din fascia plates for i10 Sportz/Asta available on internet.

Hi guys

I am planning an audio upgrade in my i10 sportz and looking for possibilities to add a double din player. I was searching for the same all over the forum and learnt there are many others on the same boat but can't go ahead due to unavailability of correct fascia. I was searching on internet and bumped into this thing. Has anybody else seen, heard about or used this?

Name:  2din.bmp
Views: 3599
Size:  312.9 KB

Source: Autoleads DFP-31-09 Hyundai i10 Double Din Fascia Panel Adaptor

I hope this'ed be of a help for those who desperately want it. Price is not bad either, 32.90 . Getting it shipped from UK would still be cheaper than those sold at agencies I believe!!

Regards
Punzabi

Edit: MODS please correct the typo I made in the subject field. I typed Astra instead of Asta.Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Punzabi : 14th April 2010 at 09:58.
Punzabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 11:01   #2
BHPian

Sorry for a back to back post, the edit time limit was over. Found a better looking one or can say better equipped one with brackets and screws. Its on the same website and at same price.

Name:  2din.bmp
Views: 3483
Size:  304.7 KB

For i20 owners who are looking for similar fascia, here it is.

Name:  2din i30.bmp
Views: 3207
Size:  54.2 KB

Source: Buy Double Din Fascia online at Nexxia UK

Price: 31.95

The same site also offers fascias for Maruti swift and alot of other cars.

Regards
Punzabi
Old 15th April 2010, 02:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Check with Hyundai Service Center for these parts and you should get the original ones at dirt cheap rates comapred to the ones online.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 06:07   #4
BHPian

Thanks for updating me tsk13, I was under the impression that such a fascia is hard to procure. I am considering Double Din for ICE upgrade in my i10 and searched the whole forum if anybody used it but I couldn't find anyone who has this thing/similar thing in their i10 (unless I am not using search function properly or completely blind to see such a thread).

I can't go to Hyundai Service Center as I don't live in India mate and this i10 is in India with parents.

Mods: If this thread is useless to forum, please feel free to delete it and pardon my ignorance.

Regards
Punzabi
Old 16th April 2010, 16:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punzabi View Post
Thanks for updating me tsk13, I was under the impression that such a fascia is hard to procure. I am considering Double Din for ICE upgrade in my i10 and searched the whole forum if anybody used it but I couldn't find anyone who has this thing/similar thing in their i10 (unless I am not using search function properly or completely blind to see such a thread).

I can't go to Hyundai Service Center as I don't live in India mate and this i10 is in India with parents.

Mods: If this thread is useless to forum, please feel free to delete it and pardon my ignorance.

Regards
Punzabi
Email Hyundai for the kit. The thread is useful as one can save 90% of what he would've spent on an aftermarket Fascia and brackets. My friend got these items for his SX4 for 220 bucks from Maruti; the aftermarket one was for 2.5k.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 12:04   #6
BHPian

Actually the sad part is the fascia is sought after a lot by sportz and asta users and its not available readily officially.The grey market ones are priced twice as high and not only that,they don't even come close to the looks of the official ones and have a very dull,cheap feel.
Anybody waiting for delivery of sportz or asta models intending to upgrade their audio should place an order for the facia too as it can take a while for them to come.
I had got the aftermarket one and didn't like it so placed an order with my salesperson at hyundai where I bought from who became a good friend in the process.
I had a pleasant surprise when he called me up one day and said there was a guy whose magna was ready for delivery and he wanted the original two din HU of the sportz.He had asked him if a couple of months old one would do and he was willing for an exchange.
I didn't hesitate one bit and got the magna one.
Another issue with this is even if you manage to get the magna ones,there will be a glaring hole on the top meant for the magna clock which costs 4kish and the magna and sportz hazard light buttons are different making the fit look unnatural.
Since this was an exchange,I got the clock and the magna button too which makes for a perfect fit!
There is nothing you can do about the button issue if your planning to buy rather than exchange but if you don't feel like wasting your money on a clock worth 5 times less than what its priced then make sure to ask for the era model instead of the magna one.
The era model does not have the clock as standard and the part where there is supposed to be a hole is covered by plastic in a way that it can be punched out if necessary to make way for the clock.
Cheers
Arun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
Actually the sad part is the fascia is sought after a lot by sportz and asta users and its not available readily officially.The grey market ones are priced twice as high and not only that,they don't even come close to the looks of the official ones and have a very dull,cheap feel.
Anybody waiting for delivery of sportz or asta models intending to upgrade their audio should place an order for the facia too as it can take a while for them to come.
I had got the aftermarket one and didn't like it so placed an order with my salesperson at hyundai where I bought from who became a good friend in the process.
I had a pleasant surprise when he called me up one day and said there was a guy whose magna was ready for delivery and he wanted the original two din HU of the sportz.He had asked him if a couple of months old one would do and he was willing for an exchange.
I didn't hesitate one bit and got the magna one.
Another issue with this is even if you manage to get the magna ones,there will be a glaring hole on the top meant for the magna clock which costs 4kish and the magna and sportz hazard light buttons are different making the fit look unnatural.
Since this was an exchange,I got the clock and the magna button too which makes for a perfect fit!
There is nothing you can do about the button issue if your planning to buy rather than exchange but if you don't feel like wasting your money on a clock worth 5 times less than what its priced then make sure to ask for the era model instead of the magna one.
The era model does not have the clock as standard and the part where there is supposed to be a hole is covered by plastic in a way that it can be punched out if necessary to make way for the clock.
Cheers
well i got a brand new era dashkit for 3.5k. by the way what i wanted to know is did you manage to get the magna clock working in your car? does the backlight on the clock glow when the park lights are switched on? coz i am told that the sportz/asta does not have the necessary wiring to connect the magna clock.

Also the AM/FM radio connector to the stock HU in the sportz/asta is different from that in the era/magna which is more or less a universal type which is used to connect most after-market Hu's....soo how did you manage to connect the get the radio channels working in this case?
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 08:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
well i got a brand new era dashkit for 3.5k. by the way what i wanted to know is did you manage to get the magna clock working in your car? does the backlight on the clock glow when the park lights are switched on? coz i am told that the sportz/asta does not have the necessary wiring to connect the magna clock.

Also the AM/FM radio connector to the stock HU in the sportz/asta is different from that in the era/magna which is more or less a universal type which is used to connect most after-market Hu's....soo how did you manage to connect the get the radio channels working in this case?
Exactly,which is why an exchange is such a sweet deal.
He had a bit of a trouble getting the clock to work but he managed it some how,no biggie a good installer could do it if the guy at hyundai can't come up with something.
I'm not familiar with the issue you mentioned as I rarely use the clock.I just wanted it because otherwise there would be a glaring hole on the fascia.
The fm "internal antenna", he(and my installer) mentioned, was different for the sportz/asta.My installer had changed it already and I couldn't find the original sportz one.
The magna guy didn't think much of it though as the hyundai guy assured him it would cost him a couple of hundred bucks max and he was happy with the deal he was getting.

3.5k? I thought the official hyundai ones were cheaper than the grey market ones,only that they took a while to arrive.Did you get the Era hazard light buttons along with the original fascia?
If yes then it would be a relief for a lot of sportz/asta owners.
Old 4th May 2010, 09:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly,which is why an exchange is such a sweet deal.
He had a bit of a trouble getting the clock to work but he managed it some how,no biggie a good installer could do it if the guy at hyundai can't come up with something.
I'm not familiar with the issue you mentioned as I rarely use the clock.I just wanted it because otherwise there would be a glaring hole on the fascia.
The fm "internal antenna", he(and my installer) mentioned, was different for the sportz/asta.My installer had changed it already and I couldn't find the original sportz one.
The magna guy didn't think much of it though as the hyundai guy assured him it would cost him a couple of hundred bucks max and he was happy with the deal he was getting.

3.5k? I thought the official hyundai ones were cheaper than the grey market ones,only that they took a while to arrive.Did you get the Era hazard light buttons along with the original fascia?
If yes then it would be a relief for a lot of sportz/asta owners.
Seperate wiring has to be routed to make the clock in the sportz/asta working coz there is no stock clock wiring in the sportz/asta to fit the clock as in the magna....Power wires to the HU have to be tampered (cut & spliced to power the clock in this case). It wont affect your warranty if this mod is done by the A**.

Internal antenna is a good solution when fitting an aftermarket HU In the sportz/asta...You wont have to touch the stock FM cable in this case.

The era dashkit i got from hyundai includes the hazard switch, two din boxes, the inner frame on which the HU will be mounted and the outer trim plate. The area near the clock has a neat tab covering it just like in the ERA. The blowers are interchangeable though between the sportz/asta and the era/magna. They are screwed onto the outer trim plate. All you have to do is unscrew the blowers from the outer frame on the sportz and jus screw it back onto the new era frame and you are done

cheers
Old 4th May 2010, 12:22   #10
BHPian

^^
Good to know the era one came with the hazard switch.I recommend the era too because it takes care of the clock part nicely.
All these problems could have been avoided if the Hyundai guys had thought a bit about the buyers who'd upgrade their audio :-/
I wonder how Hyundai themselves are handling it as some of the Hyundai dealers themselves give audio upgrade options.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:25   #11
BHPian

Quote:
^^
Good to know the era one came with the hazard switch.I recommend the era too because it takes care of the clock part nicely.
All these problems could have been avoided if the Hyundai guys had thought a bit about the buyers who'd upgrade their audio :-/
I wonder how Hyundai themselves are handling it as some of the Hyundai dealers themselves give audio upgrade options.
Actually hyundai does not sell it as era or magna dashkit. basically the inside frame. hazard switch, din boxes, outer frame etc have different part numbers which are common for both era and magna models but have to be ordered seperately......Only thing is that the magna comes with a sperate clock module which costs 4k. You install all the above parts together and that makes it a dashkit. If one wants the clock then the tab covering the clock slot is broken and the clock is fixed but then one has to route seperate wiring for the same by tampering into the OE Hu wiring.

But yeah! I totally agree that its a bit silly of Hyundai not to make it simpler and sell it as a kit (something like maruti does for the ritz, swift etc) for folks like us who want to install an aftermarket HU in their cars which come with integrated HU's.

Last edited by prince85 : 4th May 2010 at 15:28.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:41   #12
BHPian

You should post the part numbers and all, it could be helpful for future buyers.How long did it take btw,I was told at least 2 weeks,maybe even a month or so!
Old 4th May 2010, 22:21   #13
BHPian

Quote:
You should post the part numbers and all, it could be helpful for future buyers.How long did it take btw,I was told at least 2 weeks,maybe even a month or so!
i myself do not know the part numbers as i had put the responsibility on the accessories dept. incharge of jayabharat hyundai and i dint keep the bill which i got for the kit. He told me that the entire kit comes in parts like i mentioned in my earlier post......i'll try to put up pics by tommorow....i guess that should help bhpians who want to buy i10's in sportz/asta trim but end up buying the magna due to the sad integrated HU in the higher versions
Old 5th May 2010, 19:31   #14
BHPian

Yeah but there are just too many tiny tiny details making it worth it going for the sportz and going through this trouble instead of going for the magna.
At least things like rear spoilers,rear wipers,boot lamps etc one can easily upgrade but I'm not sure if adding a rear defogger would be an easy option,let alone a cheap one which can be quite a turn off as wiper and defogger are essential features.
Old 5th May 2010, 22:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah but there are just too many tiny tiny details making it worth it going for the sportz and going through this trouble instead of going for the magna.
At least things like rear spoilers,rear wipers,boot lamps etc one can easily upgrade but I'm not sure if adding a rear defogger would be an easy option,let alone a cheap one which can be quite a turn off as wiper and defogger are essential features.
Exactly my point arun! also to add the sportz variant has a much better rear seat in terms of a better backrest and adjustable rear head-rests. Also the seat fabrics used in i10 Sportz are of much better quality. You also get door/boot ajar warning and seatbelt warning display in the meter console which is a very useful touch in the sportz variant. All this plus what you have mentioned in your post like a very useful boot lamp, Integrated HU with four speakers (for non-audio enthusiasts), rear spoiler/wiper/defogger, for a meagre 30k extra over the Magna 1.2 is well worth it IMHO.

Last edited by prince85 : 5th May 2010 at 22:43.