Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2010, 04:49   #1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default ICE for i20 Asta(o)

hi,
I have narrowed down on the following ICE equipment for my soon to come i20.
Front - Illusion Carbon Nd6.1 compos (Already Bought)
Rear - No spkrs or DLS classic 426( From Previous car)
Amp - Harman Kardon CA470
Sub- IDv3 12" (In my previous car but sold it off, now buying a new one)
Amp mono - Kenwood 8104d or kenwood X10d

Now, Do u think the above equipment list is fine or changes can be made to make it better. i mainly need suggestions for the 4 channel amp and mono amp, that can i get better stuff in the same price bracket ?

I had ID sub and kenwood mono 9103d in my previous car and was very happy with the performance. So this time again planning to go in for similar combo but confused on the kenny amp front. Which one of the above 2 is better ? though i am inclined towards the x10d as it has bass boost remote , but is there any other difference. What are the current prices of both the kenny amps with bill.

Is there a better 4 channel amp in the price range of the HK CA470, or should i go ahead with it ?
slayer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 09:27   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

the x10should be better. having not heard either the paper specs are what we have to depend on. the x10 is rated to work at 1ohms. the 8104d is not. a subwoofer is a very inductive device and the impedance of a 4 ohm sub can swing from 2 ohms to 30 ohms. so getting an amp that can operate at low impedances means it has a lot of current dumping capability to muscle the woofer around.

besides I believe both these amps are discontinued. I dont know which amp replaced the x10 (X1 maybe?) but the 8104d was replaced by the 8105d.

Last edited by navin : 1st May 2010 at 12:14.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 09:35   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

X10D has better specs and can put out close to the rated power and 8105d would be better pick. WHere are you buying the amp from? Whats your budget on amp and sub ?
For 4 channel you can have a look at the Infinity Kappa four, has better review compared to the HK.

Last edited by Invinsible : 1st May 2010 at 09:38.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 13:53   #4
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hi, thanks for the suggestions. what is the price of the Infinity amp? I would be getting the system installed at Gyro, so most probably i'll be buying rest of the stuff from them itself.
slayer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:55   #5
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hi,
i have another question, Instead of an HK CA470 and Kenny mono should i go for the Audison Lrx 6.9 amp. Would this amp have enough juice to power the illusion carbons, DLS coax and IDv3 12". Which is a better option ?
slayer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 09:36   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
hi,
i have another question, Instead of an HK CA470 and Kenny mono should i go for the Audison Lrx 6.9 amp. Would this amp have enough juice to power the illusion carbons, DLS coax and IDv3 12". Which is a better option ?
Audison is a good choice always, plays extremely clean and has a regulated power supply. 6.9k will give out 70 x 4 and rest 2 ch can be bridged to put out 450RMS at 2 ohms. If you getting the Carbons I would suggest you bi-amp them with the 4 channel. Look for something cheaper(amp) to run rear coax.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:27   #7
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default HK CA470 + Kenny mono or Audison lrx 6.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Audison is a good choice always, plays extremely clean and has a regulated power supply. 6.9k will give out 70 x 4 and rest 2 ch can be bridged to put out 450RMS at 2 ohms. If you getting the Carbons I would suggest you bi-amp them with the 4 channel. Look for something cheaper(amp) to run rear coax.

hey, thanks for the suggestions. I know all about Audison as i have used an Audison Lrx 4.5 earlier. The thing is if the total amount comes out to be the same for an audison lrx6.9 or HK Ca470 + Kenny mono, then which is a better option. Would the 2 channels of Audison be as good or better than the kenny monoblock to power the ID sub or not ? I havent bought any amp, i am looking at all the options.
slayer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:34   #8
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i have another questions, what is the latest ongoing price of the ID v3 12" sub. I had bought one 2 yrs back for 10.5k and i believe its much expensive now. If i want to run the sub on 2 ohms/1 ohm then would i need a d2 or a d4. Is it advisable to buy one from US, as there is a friend who is coming to india soon and price there is around 8k.
slayer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 18:57   #9
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i am getting Kenwood 8105d for 12k with bill, is it worth it or i can get better options at this price.
slayer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 21:16   #10
rbp
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 434
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

Are you sticking to the stock HU?

Eagerly waiting for the installation details with pics.

I am subscribing to this thread as I too own a i20 .
rbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:43   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
i have another questions, what is the latest ongoing price of the ID v3 12" sub. I had bought one 2 yrs back for 10.5k and i believe its much expensive now. If i want to run the sub on 2 ohms/1 ohm then would i need a d2 or a d4. Is it advisable to buy one from US, as there is a friend who is coming to india soon and price there is around 8k.
The latest price of ID V3 12" is 14K. I bought it in may09 and it was 14K then so hope its the same rightnow too.
Its always better to buy from US as the price is cheaper there.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:55   #12
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Need Assistance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
hey, thanks for the suggestions. I know all about Audison as i have used an Audison Lrx 4.5 earlier. The thing is if the total amount comes out to be the same for an audison lrx6.9 or HK Ca470 + Kenny mono, then which is a better option. Would the 2 channels of Audison be as good or better than the kenny monoblock to power the ID sub or not ? I havent bought any amp, i am looking at all the options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
i have another questions, what is the latest ongoing price of the ID v3 12" sub. I had bought one 2 yrs back for 10.5k and i believe its much expensive now. If i want to run the sub on 2 ohms/1 ohm then would i need a d2 or a d4. Is it advisable to buy one from US, as there is a friend who is coming to india soon and price there is around 8k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
i am getting Kenwood 8105d for 12k with bill, is it worth it or i can get better options at this price.
hi, guys, i am still not satisfied as i haven't got any foolproof answer for my above queries. Please guys help me in this matter as i am very confused here. I need to power an IDv3 12" + Illusion nd6.1 compos + DLS classic 426. Now the main question is regarding the amp, that should I go in for
Option 1 - HK Ca470 + kenny 8105d
Option 2 - Audison lrx6.9

Which is a better option if the total cost comes out to be the same ?
slayer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:57   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
hi, guys, i am still not satisfied as i haven't got any foolproof answer for my above queries. Please guys help me in this matter as i am very confused here. I need to power an IDv3 12" + Illusion nd6.1 compos + DLS classic 426. Now the main question is regarding the amp, that should I go in for
Option 1 - HK Ca470 + kenny 8105d
Option 2 - Audison lrx6.9

Which is a better option if the total cost comes out to be the same ?
I would take the Audison without second thought, it would give much more cleaner power.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:57   #14
BHPian
 
donarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
Option 1 - HK Ca470 + kenny 8105d
I think the HK CA470 is outta stock. I tried to get one for myself but wasn't able to.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 19:13   #15
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 44
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hi guys, thanks invisible for the suggestion. But, there is another hickup in Audison that the power output per channel is lesser than HK. The carbons i believe are rated at 100 rms and HK gives out 85 and Audison pumps out 70 rms, AFAIK. so wouldn't it better to feed them with more power. Audio gurus need your suggestion. Though i still have around 2 weeks to finalize my decision.
slayer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i20 Asta 1.2L Petrol : 1st i20 2011 model on Team-BHP Forum Suess Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 29th May 2013 12:15
All i10 & i20 owners, I need feedback EDIT - Booked i10 AT Asta Tejas@perioimpl Hatchbacks 89 12th October 2011 14:58
My i20 asta(o) 1.2 ICE quest slayer87 In-Car Entertainment 12 20th May 2010 09:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks