Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th June 2010, 11:46   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@thelord : As has been mentioned by someone else the 7016 is replica of 8016bt minus the bluetooth.
@nitinralli : I had been looking everywhere for this head unit .I stay in Rohini so first was north west delhi , then my office area around okhla , kalakaji etc. I did find two shops selling it one was car shringar in Kalkaji for 18900/- (Unauthorized shop : he will procure from somewhere and then give it ), one was opposite Hyatt (same story unauthorized for 17900/- ). I even went to there Noida office but Kenwood marketing and sales is pathetic experience at least .
Finally i went to this place called palika building opposite hyatt (Shop no was 48 i guess ) .He quoted 18000/ - , was an authorized shop .No reductions though he was damn adamant . Surprising part he said you have been inquiring whole Delhi for this set and all calls were coming to him .LOL
So 18K with bill warranty and two years warranty.

Also using cable for ipods. Yes kenwood does say to use a separate cable (KCA-iP101) to connect to ipod but they also say to use a cable (CA-U1EX)to connect to usb when it works without that also .I wonder why.

Also i would like to add the X8016Bt is better than KIVBT900 (except the display ) as it offers a cd player and most important A2DP support is inbuilt .In KIVBT900 for A2DP we need to buy some bluetooth module.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 13th June 2010 at 11:49.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@thelord : As has been mentioned by someone else the 7016 is replica of 8016bt minus the bluetooth.
@nitinralli : I had been looking everywhere for this head unit .I stay in Rohini so first was north west delhi , then my office area around okhla , kalakaji etc. I did find two shops selling it one was car shringar in Kalkaji for 18900/- (Unauthorized shop : he will procure from somewhere and then give it ), one was opposite Hyatt (same story unauthorized for 17900/- ). I even went to there Noida office but Kenwood marketing and sales is pathetic experience at least .
Finally i went to this place called palika building opposite hyatt (Shop no was 48 i guess ) .He quoted 18000/ - , was an authorized shop .No reductions though he was damn adamant . Surprising part he said you have been inquiring whole Delhi for this set and all calls were coming to him .LOL
So 18K with bill warranty and two years warranty.

Also using cable for ipods. Yes kenwood does say to use a separate cable (KCA-iP101) to connect to ipod but they also say to use a cable (CA-U1EX)to connect to usb when it works without that also .I wonder why.

Also i would like to add the X8016Bt is better than KIVBT900 (except the display ) as it offers a cd player and most important A2DP support is inbuilt .In KIVBT900 for A2DP we need to buy some bluetooth module.

Hey Dude, thanks man for posting the information on x8016BT (aka x994), I was looking for answers to ques which I was about to post on another thread and then I found yours. I still have some more ques, hoping you have answers to those ones as well.

a. Whats the difference between x994 and BT945U ? (please refer to the Kenwood USA website) . Would they sound any different ?

b. Moreover did you do a comparo between x7046BT and X8016BT ? Whats the price of x7046BT and are they any different sound wise or feature wise ? I am aware that Aux and USB is on the front for x7046BT and the look and feel is of the 2009 model range with 2 FL DOT display.

- B4W

PS : Have you tried out GYRO at Dhaula Kuan? ?

Last edited by better4worse : 23rd June 2010 at 11:14. Reason: typos
better4worse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:41   #18
BANNED

X994 has more features than the Bt945U . This is also visible in prices as 945U is cheaper and 994 is expensive of the two.Yes they should sound different as sound shaping in 994 is much more advanced.(At least the specs say so)
I do not know the difference between x7046BT and x8016BT .I wanted the top model in 1DIN with integrated bluetooth (With A2DP) .Alpine had none so choice was left to this x8016BT.

Also i had used Pioneer for long before and sony for 1 month .Pioneer is all about the groove , thump , bass. Sony is just simple plain .Kenwood gives overall feel to the sound .I am happy with the Kenny .(I can listen loud all day long unlike with Pioneer where i got tired after some time)Also Kenny gives you a decent sound without the amplifier .But since i added JBL1004 i would say amplifiers gives you more fun and depth to beats.

You can go here to compare though:
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...N_CD_Receiver/

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 23rd June 2010 at 13:45.
Old 24th June 2010, 08:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
X994 has more features than the Bt945U . This is also visible in prices as 945U is cheaper and 994 is expensive of the two.Yes they should sound different as sound shaping in 994 is much more advanced.(At least the specs say so)
I do not know the difference between x7046BT and x8016BT .I wanted the top model in 1DIN with integrated bluetooth (With A2DP) .Alpine had none so choice was left to this x8016BT.
Actually I am looking for a comparo between the two as my budget is around 13 for the headset and I want the Bluetooth too, im hoping the 7046BT which has similar sound features and its just different in its front panel and graphical layout might just work out for me. I have PMed you for the contact address of the guy from which your purchased your HU, could you please share that as I am looking to close out on my HU search by the weekend.[/quote]

Quote:
Also i had used Pioneer for long before and sony for 1 month .Pioneer is all about the groove , thump , bass. Sony is just simple plain .Kenwood gives overall feel to the sound .I am happy with the Kenny .(I can listen loud all day long unlike with Pioneer where i got tired after some time)Also Kenny gives you a decent sound without the amplifier .But since i added JBL1004 i would say amplifiers gives you more fun and depth to beats.
Actually I too am graduating from an all Pioneer setup and probably was wondering if its a good call to move to Kenwood. From your comment above it seems that sound from kenny would be rich but for the sweet sounding thump/beat, one will surely have to add an Amp and a sub ? I am asking this cause I enjoy the thump from my Pioneer. Can I eek out similar performance from kenny using the advance sound settings without the Amp or a sub when compare to a vanilla Pioneer set?

How much of a difference does a 4V Preout make when compared to a 2.5V Preout on the HU ?

Also whats a better idea, a mid range HU with high end Comps or a High End HU with mid range comps ?

- B4W

Last edited by better4worse : 24th June 2010 at 08:37.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:53   #20
BANNED

I purchased it from a shop in Palika palace opposite Hyatt hotel .He has all the kenwood headsets .Kenwood is good enough without an amp but for the thump you would be better off with an amp perhaps a JBL644 for Rs 5500/-(W/o Bill). You can look on to T696 oval from JBL for higher power handling (150Watt RMS , 600Watt Peak) and 608C from JBL for front comps.I am using infinity ref at front and polkdb690 at rear .I am happy with them but yes a sub is needed for the deep thump.Also i have no noise issues of alternator in my system .( I am using two sets of JBL wiring kit).As i hear from gurus here 4V is definitely better .Some system here in show off section have 8V too!
I love infinity though .They never are harsh or unclear.I would defnitly go for kappas in next round .Also it is better to have a high end headunit first as it is the main block of sound quality .Speakers can be upgraded later on too.Please remember if you even add an expensive speaker to a cheap head unit there would be no SQ . So first we need good quality signals for driving the speakers then the amps then the speakers .

By the way i have this setup in a Zen 2003.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 24th June 2010 at 14:01.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Can I eek out similar performance from kenny using the advance sound settings without the Amp or a sub when compare to a vanilla Pioneer set? - B4W
I will leave others for their comments, but here is what all I can do with my kenny X 993

DTA
Wagon, Sedan, SUV etc options available
Identify the size and location of the spearkers in the front and the rear
Adjust the frequency and slope levels
Isolate any of the speakers
DSP and Bass Boost, Highway noise etc.

I sometimes get confused with the options but we do get used to it
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 16:12   #22
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking for a 2 DIN Kenwood. Have checked with few shops in Pune (over phone) and was quoted 2 different prices - 14K & 18K, with warranty (so suppose it`ll be with bills).

Was going through this thread and checked in the link as provided by Trust_In_Thrust. This website is showing only 2 models for Kenwood 2 DIN - DPX503 (with USB) and DPX303. Are these 2 the ones only available in India? or there are any other models also available. Where can I get the official prices for Kenwood in India.
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 20:10   #23
BANNED

Go here for india specific models in 2 DIN
2DIN Receivers | Car Electroics | Kenwood Corporation

And here for advanced 2 DIN with advanced feature set
Visual & Navigation Systems | Car Electroics | Kenwood Corporation
Old 24th June 2010, 20:57   #24
BHPian

Thanks mate for the info. Now its easier for me to check the details of each model and compare the prices.
Old 24th June 2010, 21:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
I will leave others for their comments, but here is what all I can do with my kenny X 993

DTA
Wagon, Sedan, SUV etc options available
Identify the size and location of the spearkers in the front and the rear
Adjust the frequency and slope levels
Isolate any of the speakers
DSP and Bass Boost, Highway noise etc.

I sometimes get confused with the options but we do get used to it
Aha...with so many options I guess you are spoilt for choice there ! Thanks for the insight, I still would have to figure it all out eventually, wish I could get a demo of x994 some place.

Quote:
I purchased it from a shop in Palika palace opposite Hyatt hotel .He has all the kenwood headsets .Kenwood is good enough without an amp but for the thump you would be better off with an amp perhaps a JBL644 for Rs 5500/-(W/o Bill). You can look on to T696 oval from JBL for higher power handling (150Watt RMS , 600Watt Peak) and 608C from JBL for front comps.I am using infinity ref at front and polkdb690 at rear .I am happy with them but yes a sub is needed for the deep thump.Also i have no noise issues of alternator in my system .( I am using two sets of JBL wiring kit).As i hear from gurus here 4V is definitely better .Some system here in show off section have 8V too!
I love infinity though .They never are harsh or unclear.I would defnitly go for kappas in next round .Also it is better to have a high end headunit first as it is the main block of sound quality .Speakers can be upgraded later on too.Please remember if you even add an expensive speaker to a cheap head unit there would be no SQ . So first we need good quality signals for driving the speakers then the amps then the speakers .

By the way i have this setup in a Zen 2003.
Thanks for all the inputs man !I appreciate the help... just one more thing do you live west or south of delhi where I can catch your zen for quick audition, the way its going I might have to seriously consider x994.

Also, any idea on whats the best price on infinity reference and Kappa's front components ?

-B4W
Old 24th June 2010, 21:36   #26
BANNED

Well i live in N.West delhi .I know of a shop where you can get 9633i Ref Infinity 6x9 for 4300 Rs .It retails for 8000/-. (I wanted this so i asked him about this when i went to get my JBL 1004 Amp) He stocks complete JBL , Infinity range .Check out the best price for this model in your area shops , if you find Rs4300/- to be cheaper drop me a pm i will pass on the details.Also what you can do is go for Kenny X7016 for around 13000/- (with bill) and add BT later on to it(hopefully) .This model is replica of 8016BT (x994) minus the BT.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 24th June 2010 at 21:39.
Old 24th June 2010, 22:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Well i live in N.West delhi .I know of a shop where you can get 9633i Ref Infinity 6x9 for 4300 Rs .It retails for 8000/-. (I wanted this so i asked him about this when i went to get my JBL 1004 Amp) He stocks complete JBL , Infinity range .Check out the best price for this model in your area shops , if you find Rs4300/- to be cheaper drop me a pm i will pass on the details.Also what you can do is go for Kenny X7016 for around 13000/- (with bill) and add BT later on to it(hopefully) .This model is replica of 8016BT (x994) minus the BT.

Cool so you are close by ! I'll have to double check for Infinity prices, interestingly I got a quote of 8800 on the infinity ref from one of the popular vendors on team-bhp, all the more interesting is that you have been offered a pretty steep discount on the MRP. In any case do respond to my PM, send across the address/location/ contact number of this shop with the infinity range. He will serve as cool reference point till I can figure out where to buy it from eventually.

Any idea how much does the BT (parrot) standalone for x7016 cost ? I was told to add that to the cost of X7016 and it will become the cost of X8016BT eventually. Either ways, I am keen on good front components depending on the budget ill take a call between x7016 or x8016BT or for that matter x7045BT (outside chance).

Tell me something about the wiring kits, which ones are good and not overly priced. I am not keen on spending a bomb on the wiring.

-B4W

Last edited by better4worse : 24th June 2010 at 22:10.
Old 11th July 2010, 22:29   #28
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a query, your expert advise would be highly helpful :

I booked a Polo, now with Polo (more with VW/dealer) the issue is whatever one wants to do outside of VW dealer can lead to warranty void.

My query is : I checked with VW dealer, the kenwood speaker ( 2 front & 2 rear in door and not in rear parcel tray) are of 130 W PMPO.
My query is - is this OK for a car?

FYI...I would like the music system in my car to be good, by that, I mean it need not be a heavy duty speakers, where one can feel the bass standing 10 ft outside the car, also it should not be like having speakers just for the sake of it!
I would like the speaker to be decent enough, price of HU + speakers (2+2) = 12000/- approx.
Is 130W pmpo enough as per my requirement, for a car?
Please suggest!
Thanks in advance.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nonsense. All dealers say that to scare people into buying from them. Warranty cannot be voided as long as one does not modify original wiring or mounting locations. ICE interface (power, accessory signal linked to steering keylock, speakers, etc.) and mounting locations are provided as a standard in the models where ICE itself is not. So are the interfaces of anything that you put in - HU, speakers etc. Ask the dealer to read up the ICE sections of TBHP.

Check what the others have put in (irrespective of make/model) to get an idea. It is generally recommended that you put components in front, and coaxes at the back. Don't worry about 'PMPO' - that is a misleading figure.

If you want to keep the budget tight, a good HU (Pio, Blau, Kenwood, JVC, etc.) will be good enough for moderate listening. For components, look for JBL, Blaupunkt, Infinity, Illusion, Bull, etc.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 10:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Nonsense. All dealers say that to scare people into buying from them. Warranty cannot be voided as long as one does not modify original wiring or mounting locations. ICE interface (power, accessory signal linked to steering keylock, speakers, etc.) and mounting locations are provided as a standard in the models where ICE itself is not. So are the interfaces of anything that you put in - HU, speakers etc. Ask the dealer to read up the ICE sections of TBHP.

Check what the others have put in (irrespective of make/model) to get an idea. It is generally recommended that you put components in front, and coaxes at the back. Don't worry about 'PMPO' - that is a misleading figure.

If you want to keep the budget tight, a good HU (Pio, Blau, Kenwood, JVC, etc.) will be good enough for moderate listening. For components, look for JBL, Blaupunkt, Infinity, Illusion, Bull, etc.
Thanks @DerAlte for the information.
Actually I checked with some car accessories shop but none of them worked on Polo before as its a new car, so was a bit hesistant to go outside the dealer. I`ll keep these points in mind before finally deciding on the HU and speakers.