Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th June 2010, 18:26   #1
BHPian

Default Wanna show off your ride on TV?

Hey!

I keep going and coming back here... so I'll just skip the re-introduction and head straight to the point!

I've been producing a TV show on Bloomberg UTV (formerly UTVi) called Techtree. It's a tech show (obviously) and we feature gadgets, computers, games and pretty much anything a tech show should have. The show isn't aimed at savvy geeks, but the general junta who is interested. We aim to make technology simple enough to understand and make it useful for the viewers.

This week, we're doing a story on car audio. As a part of our simplifying mantra, we're not going to go into exquisite detail about the components and wiring and HPF/LPF and all that.

We're focussing on the stuff that's of most use to the people - three different ICE set-ups you can get at three different budget points. We're looking at entry-level (up to Rs. 20,000), mid-range (up to Rs. 50,000) and finally an enthusiast setup, which doesn't really have an upper limit.

What I'm looking for is three people who've spent this kind of money on their ICE recently. We want to show the stuff you've put in the car, we want you to show it off by playing it, and we want you to talk about it in a few sentences.

We're looking at shooting this show this week (Monday 14th to Wednesday 16th). The show has to be made ready by Thursday (17th) and it will go on air on Friday (18th). Which basically means I'd like to hear from you REALLY soon if you're interested!

Call me for details - 98210 91356 and/or email me aalaap at gmail. You can see videos of the past shows at this URL: Techtree - Episodes and content of the new Techtree show on Bloomberg UTV

Thanks and I hope to see some of you guys soon!

- Aalaap
aalaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 01:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ive forwarded this link to one of my friend/TBHpian and hopefully he's a good prospect for this show. His handle is nitinralli.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 15:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Harish. I have mailed Aalaap with the details. Now we are looking for High-end system. I am sure LBM can fit in this. LBM sir, where are you. Please let us know if you can be there with us for the shoot. Lets try to have all three set-up from Delhi so that it becomes easy for eveyone one.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 15:24   #4
BHPian

@nitinralli Sir , I have 30k system in my alto and 70k in my verna. I am based in delhi and the setups are done by Famous Mr. Gunbir Singh Ji. i hope that i qualify for your video !!!

here's link of my cars audio throug alto sas been updated with sub and amp.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...alto-iced.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...erna-iced.html

can arrange other cars also on requirement.
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 01:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nitin I think Notoroius has given a fine example , for the high end one you can contact him. He would sure help you out. Mine is okay setup nothing high end there. Or I can say 'It sound good that I am sure but it might not look good on TV'...lol

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 15th June 2010 at 01:07.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 11:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Mine is okay setup nothing high end there. Or I can say 'It sound good that I am sure but it might not look good on TV'...lol
No no, not accepted
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 13:22   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Or I can say 'It sound good that I am sure but it might not look good on TV'...lol
Title for an episide showcasing LBM's system

"How to make your car a convertible"
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 13:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'It sound good that I am sure but it might not look good on TV'...lol

Absolute modesty, I am sure they are not looking for a good looking system, only a good sounding one.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 20:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

LBM sir, we all know what your system sounds like. It would have been great if you could have turned up, this way we would have met.
Well, finally the shoot is over. It took around 3 hours to complete the entire shoot. UTV guy name Hitesh was there to shoot, (was a nice chap). He wanted to see all the stuff that i have. Though front comps could not be shot as they are hidden in the doors. Rest Amp,Sub,wiring,damping all were shot.

He said that the High-end system is from Bangalore so I am guessing that it must be a Bhpian. If you are reading this then could you let us know, or if someone knows who that person is, then please share the info.

So the show should be on air on Friday 19th with a repeat telecast on weekends. Just need to confirm the times as I think on Friday, it should be around 8:30PM, will confirm that for sure.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 14:51   #10
BHPian

Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for this.

We finally went ahead with humyum's basic set-up, nitinralli's mid-range set-up and finally ST7677's kinda crazy one with a computer and all. It all kinda fit right in!

You can watch the show on Friday, 18th June at 8.30pm and repeats on Saturday at 7.30pm and Sunday at 11am and 6pm.

If you miss it, you can catch it on YouTube next week. Bookmark this blog: Techtree - Episodes and content of the new Techtree show on Bloomberg UTV

Thanks!
Old 19th June 2010, 13:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Nitin I think Notoroius has given a fine example , for the high end one you can contact him. He would sure help you out. Mine is okay setup nothing high end there. Or I can say 'It sound good that I am sure but it might not look good on TV'...lol
Sir , why are you joking.i am wondring what will happen to camera person or after that to viewers when they watch the show with your car in it
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 14:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:
LBM paa ji, people who have auditioned your system they came back with same expression on their face "as shown in indica vista ad."
mouth/eyes wide open with surprise and you still call it as "OKAY" setup.

Is there any more upgrades plan which makes you say that ?
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 18:44   #13
BHPian

And thanks to GTO for lending his ride for my chat on the show!
Old 19th June 2010, 21:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap View Post
Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for this.

We finally went ahead with humyum's basic set-up, nitinralli's mid-range set-up and finally ST7677's kinda crazy one with a computer and all. It all kinda fit right in!

You can watch the show on Friday, 18th June at 8.30pm and repeats on Saturday at 7.30pm and Sunday at 11am and 6pm.

If you miss it, you can catch it on YouTube next week. Bookmark this blog: Techtree - Episodes and content of the new Techtree show on Bloomberg UTV

Thanks!
Oh wow , Ralli's ride got selected. Looking forward to see the repeat tomorrow morning at 11:00 am.

Nitin - I wouldn't mind a treat for this one .
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 22:26   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap View Post
And thanks to GTO for lending his ride for my chat on the show!
You took GTO's ride? (I am assuming the Civic). LOL.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote