Team-BHP - Best 6.5" door speakers - powered by the HU
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Best 6.5" door speakers - powered by the HU (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/83934-best-6-5-door-speakers-powered-hu.html)

I drive an i10, fitted with a Pioneer DEH-2200 Head Unit - so far fitted only two speakers in the front doors - that too the cheapest set of Sony somethings I could find at that time - A gift from dad with the idea I would upgrade real soon (Needless to say the sound Q borders on the terrible) - been managing with this setup for a lil over a year now..... and I'm glad to say the time has come to put the ice'ing on the cake (thats my smiley limit!! damn)

Ok - so now I have say 6-7k (could stretch it upto 10K) to spend on two pairs of 6.5" speakers - (replacing the ones in the front doors with something better and new ones in the back doors) I refuse to cramp up my boot with speakers on the parcel tray - practicality comes first.

I like listening to my music soft, so clarity and tightness is much more important than thump or overall volume. BTW - I'm a somewhat spoilt "audiophile" and listen to most of my music on a Nakamichi CD player coupled with B&O speakers so please suggest accordingly; car stereo is mostly off except for those occassional late night drives returning from work when I need the "noise" justs to keep my eyes open.

Cheers

Mods - Sorry for the repost, but seems I wound up in a shady corner where no one ventures please delete the older post, or merge if required http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1927544

Quote:

Originally Posted by adisag (Post 1943726)
Ok - so now I have say 6-7k (could stretch it upto 10K) to spend on two pairs of 6.5" speakers - (replacing the ones in the front doors with something better and new ones in the back doors) I refuse to cramp up my boot with speakers on the parcel tray - practicality comes first.

I like listening to my music soft, so clarity and tightness is much more important than thump or overall volume. BTW - I'm a somewhat spoilt "audiophile" and listen to most of my music on a Nakamichi CD player coupled with B&O speakers so please suggest accordingly; car stereo is mostly off except for those occassional late night drives returning from work when I need the "noise" justs to keep my eyes open.

Well, with a budget of 10k, you can get decent 6.5" front and rear speakers that will fit the i10 doors perfectly....you can install co-axial speakers of JBL GTO, Illusion Electra, Hertz Deici and Bull Audio for the front and the rear doors within this budget.... Though i would suggest component speakers for the front and co-axial speakers for the rear especially if you plan on adding an amplifier in the near future...Doing this will bump up the cost by max 2k over their co-axial counterparts from the same series and brand........but its highly recomended. IIRC, the Pioneer 2200 HU has 2 pairs of pre-outs soo you can easily hook up a 4ch amplifier whenever you wish in the future and components will really make a difference to the sound:thumbs up

With a budget of 10k you can easily get the Hertz Dieci DSK165 components for the front and the DCX165 coaxials for the rear.

The MRP is as follows:

DSK165 - Rs 5990
DCX165 - Rs 2990

So with a bit of bargaining you could get them for 5000 and 2500!! Thats a total of 7500!!

Also the DSK165s run fine off the HU!! Actually, I came to know (from an ICE shop owner in TVM) that Hertz does not recommend an amp for the DSK165s!! Don't know if that true!!

Now, if I'm right, the parameters to look for are Sensitivity and RMS power rating!! (Gurus correct me if I'm wrong). DSK165 has a RMS rating of 80W per set and a Sensitivity of 93dB/SPL!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by febyphilabr (Post 1943827)
Also the DSK165s run fine off the HU!! Actually, I came to know (from an ICE shop owner in TVM) that Hertz does not recommend an amp for the DSK165s!! Don't know if that true!!

They do run fine powered by the HU, but what that accessory shop owner has told you is complete utter nonsense.

Auditioned the JBL GTO 6528 series, good (read smooth) sound Q, but seemed to be a little overbright; I would like something a little more neutral sounding - could also have been because of the eq settings of the dealers system - although I asked him to set all the Tone Ctrls at zero.
Also heard the BA S60, rather hurriedly and in a noisy environ, but sounded good - much truer than the JBL's (Also a whole lot more expensive).

Also, where in Delhi - Gurgaon can I audition the Hertz Deici's - They sound like a good deal (gotta hear them to confirm)? The two or three shops I went to said they don't stock Hertz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adisag (Post 1943726)
I drive an i10, fitted with a Pioneer DEH-2200 Head Unit -

I like listening to my music soft, so clarity and tightness is much more important than thump or overall volume.

I think the Hertz combo would be fine.

If you are thinking of adding an amp which is 2 ohm stable ,I can even suggest Boston Playsmart Sxi606 - VFM components.

For a i10,even a set of components up front would do

Quote:

Originally Posted by adisag (Post 1944908)
Auditioned the JBL GTO 6528 series, good (read smooth) sound Q, but seemed to be a little overbright; I would like something a little more neutral sounding - could also have been because of the eq settings of the dealers system - although I asked him to set all the Tone Ctrls at zero.

Yup the JBL's are known to be bright. I too felt the same when I listened to the JBL compos!!
Quote:

Also, where in Delhi - Gurgaon can I audition the Hertz Deici's - They sound like a good deal (gotta hear them to confirm)? The two or three shops I went to said they don't stock Hertz.

I don't know much about the places in Delhi. But, I believe a shop called Gyro stocks Hertz! gyro delhi - Google Search The Dieci's tweeters might be a bit too harsh. But proper settings can solve it, to an extent!

Hi adisag

I recently got Rainbows for my i10 from Driven. I'm headed there this Tuesday if you wanna check them (and the shop) out.

Quote:

Also heard the BA S60, rather hurriedly and in a noisy environ, but sounded good - much truer than the JBL's (Also a whole lot more expensive).

I have Hertz DSK 165 installed and i am happy with them. The tweets are little bright but with proper EQ settings, you tame them well, thats what i have done. I would suggest you Hertz DSK 165 for sure, they are good. And if you want to listen to them before buying, then you can always PM me and i can have you audition it:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitinralli (Post 1945623)
I have Hertz DSK 165 installed and i am happy with them. The tweets are little bright but with proper EQ settings, you tame them well, thats what i have done. I would suggest you Hertz DSK 165 for sure, they are good. And if you want to listen to them before buying, then you can always PM me and i can have you audition it:)

Sounds swell :) Might take you up on your offer next weekend .... Thanks in advance.

Do you have an amp or are they HU driven? and where did you get the install done? No one in gurgaon/ lajpat nagar seems to stock Hertz :( guess I'll check with "Gyro's" and also at "Driven" next week(end).

Meanwhile managed an audition of the Infinity Reference 6532i - within budget and excellent SQ, but the dealer claims they won't run well on the HU - I'll need to google the specs and confirm why they should'nt - but otherwise the Infinity's are a strong contendor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adisag (Post 1945638)
Sounds swell :) Might take you up on your offer next weekend .... Thanks in advance.

Do you have an amp or are they HU driven? and where did you get the install done? No one in gurgaon/ lajpat nagar seems to stock Hertz :( guess I'll check with "Gyro's" and also at "Driven" next week(end).

Meanwhile managed an audition of the Infinity Reference 6532i - within budget and excellent SQ, but the dealer claims they won't run well on the HU - I'll need to google the specs and confirm why they should'nt - but otherwise the Infinity's are a strong contendor.

No problem bro, let me know whenever you want to listen to them.
Well i have DSK on amp so cant say how they will sound without them. I think they should be OK if you dont want them to be loud. All my install are done at Driven. You can go there and ask for Mr Rana, and he will be able to show you what you want. You can also use my name to get discount:D .

By the way, this is what my ride looks like.
YouTube - Techtree: Car audio system The basics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adisag (Post 1945638)
No one in gurgaon/ lajpat nagar seems to stock Hertz :( guess I'll check with "Gyro's" and also at "Driven" next week(end).

PM Autopsyche, his workshop is in Gurgaon and I think he can get you Hertz/Rainbow/Bull Audio. Also a great place for clean and professional install.

I would definately recommend hertz. Have their HSK 6.5" components in front driven by pioneer HU in my vRS. I found the sound to be closer to neutral if not perfectly neutral. Even i prefer neutral sound and hertz serves that purpose. I have JBL GT5 6.5" components in front in my i10 powered by the kenwood HU and with default settings they sound bright, so i have to tame it by changing the settings from HU. If you want to audition both the setups in gurgaon you are more then welcome.

to get the best out of the components I frankly feel you should go for an amp as well. HU isnt capable as far my experience goes. you should be considering the entry ranges of Hertz, Boston for your budget and music taste requirements

Do listen to Infinity reference before you finalize your deal.