Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2007, 18:27   #61
BHPian
 
sh@rpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 117
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Folks, Its been ages since I could post or get anything done on this..but finally got the Install done.

place done : SPROCKET (Nice friendly folks..although seem to gravitate towards Boom Boom Music)

got the following components done

HU : Pioneer 3990
AMP: Sony 554zr (Under front passenger seat)
Front components dsk 165 (Standard slot for mid , tweeter near pillar)
rear cox dcx 690 (On back door with additional dampint,

Althought the RCA cabling is good, i missed out on mentioning about better speaker cables and reached too late to find out it is BOSS..so next on agenda is definitely to change that :(. perhaps the most difficult to change..i have some nice QED 14 gauge flat cables..maybe can use that

decided against the sub since currently am getting a decent 85-87 db at 45 hz..which about meets my requirement.Also am not happy with the positioning of the sub :( that is for another day and another time now.

Now for my vote of Thanks

Hydra, Thank you so much for introducing me to Hertz..loved it -neutral and neither laid back nor a forward sound ! am waiting for the breakin period

Navinji..thanks for all the insight..and also on the Car seat that is also done !

vid6639, I did try to get in touch with Anwar of Autofusion many times..seems to be a very busy guy ! so went for sprocket.

NIP, thanks for the Idea on putting speakers on the back door. (Borrowed it from your pics) will dampen it a bit more later
sh@rpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2007, 00:56   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Ahhh! Good to know the install is done. And really good to know that you're happy Do post snaps for us!

Maybe you can get the speaker cabling redone when you go to them for some other work. It is important, but I don't know whether it is worth the hassle of getting a rewiring done immediately (time, effort and hassle).
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 22:56   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 757
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

hello,

after 18months of deliberation to upgrade my amp, i finally have with me an amp and component speakers and have 8000/-(strictly)more to spend on buying a subwoofer, enclosure, wiring and installation.
i sent a couple of PM's to our guruji LBM seeking advise and i have finalised on this.

Existing setup

HU - 7750 Pioneer
Front - 10cm (TS-E1076) 25 W nominal input power
rear - 6x9(TS-E6996) 90W nominal input power.

Bought

Amplifier - PIONEER 6300F 75wx4 at 2 ohms
Component Speakers system - TS-C160R , 61/2 inch, 60w nominal power

Intend to buy

Pioneer 307 D2 Rs. 3500/- (as advised by LBM)
Enclosure Rs.1500 (please enlighten me on what kind of box to use)
Wiring -Finolex 25 sqmm wire (as advised by LBM) Rs.200/m

what else is needed for installation? some RCA connectors? if yes, how much do they cost and how many do i need?

Rest for installation.

this is the envisaged setup.

Option 1:
Remove existing front speakers.
Replace it with components.
Amp the components and the subwoofer. (lbm told me that these amps are not powerful enough to power the subs)

Option 2:

a friend of mine has a sony 2 ch amp to spare - sony 552 or something
Can i use this sony amp in tandem with pioneer to extract more juice out of the subs?

if it is possible, what are the additional cost involved in terms of wiring et al.

I am planning to install it tomorrow morning... start pouring your advise.

thanks
krishna.
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 23:22   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post

Pioneer 307 D2 Rs. 3500/- (as advised by LBM)
Enclosure Rs.1500 (please enlighten me on what kind of box to use)
Wiring -Finolex 25 sqmm wire (as advised by LBM) Rs.200/m
For the recommendations It is fine who are short in budget but I will defiantly recommend you to listen to some other sub in that range like the JBL 4-12 I am making you confuse but I must suggest you what is right.....

same thing goes for the pioneer component speakers they are good...but will you like them...that is the point so please try to audition before the buy....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 23:27   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 757
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
For the recommendations It is fine who are short in budget but I will defiantly recommend you to listen to some other sub in that range like the JBL 4-12 I am making you confuse but I must suggest you what is right.....

same thing goes for the pioneer component speakers they are good...but will you like them...that is the point so please try to audition before the buy....
lbm, i have already bought the components and amp. how much is jbl 4 12 u are talking about?

your advise on this?

Quote:
a friend of mine has a sony 2 ch amp to spare - sony 552 or something
Can i use this sony amp in tandem with pioneer to extract more juice out of the subs?

if it is possible, what are the additional cost involved in terms of wiring et al.

I am planning to install it tomorrow morning... start pouring your advise.





thanks.
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 09:03   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Ok then you are good to go.......the JBL sub is for 4990 enclosure extra....

no need to put sony amp and you cannot attach the pioneer and sony amp together to a single sub....wire the front and the sub to the pioneer amp and the rear from the HU and you will be a happy man.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 23:23   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 757
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

after a loooong wait and pounding everyone with stupid questions and doubts, i have finally upgraded my system.

This is my configuration:

PIONEER 7750 HU
PIONEER TS E-6996 6X9 co-axials (rear)
PIONEER TS C160R Components (front)
PIONEER 307D2 (SUB-WOOFER)
PIONEER 6300F 4 ch amp. (2 channels powering the components, remaining 2 channles bridged and connected to the subwoofer)
EF-X RCA cables
KICKET 8 gauge wires

Installed at Technokrat at mahalingapuram.

A big big thanks to LBM for his patient advice and many thanks to nitrous for helping me out to source the SW and referring me a to a good installer.

At the end of it, i am very happy with the quality of the music, i am now able to listen many little notes that were previously inaudible and the clarity is good even at higher volume.

There is some vibration and a jarring kind of noise (not from the speakers) when playing select instruments, need to check that.

i am sure it would sound even better if the system is tuned by an expert. Any audio gurus visiting chennai????

regards
tifosi.
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 07:54   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Congrats tifisoi , glad to hear that you are loving your install. now enjoy music and Boom Responsibly.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 21:50   #69
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
There is some vibration and a jarring kind of noise (not from the speakers) when playing select instruments, need to check that.
your door panels and trunk might need damping.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 12:18   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
hi, i am planning to buy a new scorpio, however i have already bought an audio system. head unit is a pioneer 7750 accompanied by 360w rear speakers tse6996 (pioneer kevlar speakers) and a 110w kevlar front speakers. i called the guy who fixed my previous car stereo to check the cost of fitting the system, during our conversation he told me that i will not be able to get a good audio effect in a scorpio as i used to get in an indica. i guess it could be because of difference in acoustics between different cars, but i would know about any special arrangement where i can enhance the audio effect. That guy also conveyed me that i will not be able to fit a subwoofer for a scorpio ( all front facing seats). is it true....
yes, its true. in an 8 seater scorpio (all front facing seats), there is no space behind or under the seats to accomodate a decent subwoofer, atleast not in the boot. i tried it. thats one of the reasons i bought a 7 seater scorpio (side facing rear seats) so that i can place two speaker boxes under the jump seats and a subwoofer in between.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 18:59   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, its true. in an 8 seater scorpio (all front facing seats), there is no space behind or under the seats to accomodate a decent subwoofer, atleast not in the boot. i tried it. thats one of the reasons i bought a 7 seater scorpio (side facing rear seats) so that i can place two speaker boxes under the jump seats and a subwoofer in between.
Has anyone managed to fit a sub in an 8-seater Scorpio? I haven't found any space to fit one. I don't want to fit a sub in the tailgate, as I am afraid if might get damaged by water when the gate is opened in the rain (or something like that). A sub in the tailgate would also nullify any luggage space behind the last bench. I found on a recent trip that there is a small amount of space there which can handily accommodate some small bags... don't want to sacrifice this option.

And in case the answer to the above is "no, you cannot fit a sub", I guess I am limited to fitting some good 6x9 ovals and running them off an amp. Is that right, or do I have any other options?
FYI, I will be running Illusion Electra EL6.1 components up front off a ground Zero GZTA 4.120MKČ amp. Which means I still have 2 channels free for the rear.
Any inputs guys?
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 19:31   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Has anyone managed to fit a sub in an 8-seater Scorpio? I haven't found any space to fit one. I don't want to fit a sub in the tailgate, as I am afraid if might get damaged by water when the gate is opened in the rain (or something like that). A sub in the tailgate would also nullify any luggage space behind the last bench. I found on a recent trip that there is a small amount of space there which can handily accommodate some small bags... don't want to sacrifice this option.

And in case the answer to the above is "no, you cannot fit a sub", I guess I am limited to fitting some good 6x9 ovals and running them off an amp. Is that right, or do I have any other options?
FYI, I will be running Illusion Electra EL6.1 components up front off a ground Zero GZTA 4.120MKČ amp. Which means I still have 2 channels free for the rear.
Any inputs guys?
i am afraid buddy, but you will have a hard time to fit even a small sub in there. even a basstube wont fit in there!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 20:00   #73
Newbie
 
desi_wananchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Audio Controls On M-HAWK

Guys I am Planning to buy a Scorpio M-HAWK in Next Month.
One Thing I wanted TO KNOW THAT THE M-HAWK has steering mounted audio contols for the Kenwood player So can the controls used for another player like i was planning to change the kenwood music system to a pioneer dvd player.
If that thing is not possible than can i fit amplifier and subs on the kenwood system.
desi_wananchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 21:08   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi_wananchi View Post
One Thing I wanted TO KNOW THAT THE M-HAWK has steering mounted audio contols for the Kenwood player So can the controls used for another player like i was planning to change the kenwood music system to a pioneer dvd player.
If that thing is not possible than can i fit amplifier and subs on the kenwood system.
Which Kenwood system is it? Maybe some interface would work.

You could anyway still add amplifiers and subs with the existing head unit. It's a USB/ SD/ CD mp3 player and should have pre-outs.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 22:26   #75
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 757
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Has anyone managed to fit a sub in an 8-seater Scorpio? I haven't found any space to fit one. I don't want to fit a sub in the tailgate, as I am afraid if might get damaged by water when the gate is opened in the rain (or something like that). A sub in the tailgate would also nullify any luggage space behind the last bench. I found on a recent trip that there is a small amount of space there which can handily accommodate some small bags... don't want to sacrifice this option.
Yes, i have a installed a pioneer 'forgot the model number' sw in a mdf box. only thing is my scorpio has become a seven seater. it is placed on the last row tied down by the seat belt.

I can however remove it whenever i want to. Practically, how often you need all the eight seats?
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q! Sam Kapasi In-Car Entertainment 13577 11th December 2017 18:05
Audio in TV less costlier than car audio? LNG In-Car Entertainment 4 2nd August 2010 12:11
BlueTooth Car Audio System + Security System venky6009 In-Car Entertainment 1 2nd November 2007 04:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:22.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks