Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 5th July 2010, 19:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
A) The Auditor RIP 4280 4 ch amp plays the compos & coaxials only after 3 seconds after the HU is switched on. I mean only the bass plays 1st & then the songs.

Asking the TEKNOCRAT guys about this, they told all the AUDITOR amps are default by this type only.

BASS & TROUBLE could clear this.

B) EL 6.1 & DLS 428 produce decent bass without sub.

C) X994 is exceptionally superb in sound quality. I recommend this HU as this stand apart.

D) Some noise is heard, i think its whine noise heard when the HU is switched on but it doesn't increase when volume is up or accelerator depressed.

E) I am unaware how to keep the TA settings for SWIFT. Could anyone suggest me. You could see the pic of TA settings in one of the above post.

F) In what setting to keep the Rear "Xover"?
Is this should be in "THROUGH" or with the same as 80hz as front Xover ?

G) How to download the contacts in my phonebook to this HU? A step by step procedure needed badly.

Some speech given by BALA(Teknocrat)

1. NOISEKILL dampers are useless, it's life is only 3 to 6 months

2. Stinger RCAs are utter waste. This is the reason for the whine noise.

3. 8 ga is more than enough for your monoblock & sub, Why you bought ZERO?? Its waste.

and one good thing he said at last,

4. He asked me who suggested this HU? "Myself, Why?" The SQ in this HU X994 is fantastic than ALPINE.
The turn-on time is different for different amplifiers. It's normal, nothing to worry about.

There is nothing wrong with Stinger RCAs. Its a highly reputed cabling and acccessories brand.

Any damping is useless if not stuck to the surface properly, i.e. it could peel off. I dont see how else it could be "useless".

Set rear crossover also to 80Hz.

8ga is not sufficient for the mono. You need minimum 4ga. Soundquest is CCAW, so good you got higher than 4 ga.

Try reducing the gains on the Auditor amp and see if the noise reduces. Also, running signal alongside the power cable is a no-no.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 22:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
3.5mm jack socket (black plastic circle), bottom right at the rear of the HU to the right of the bottom pair of Pre-out RCA sockets. This is the analog Aux-in.
Dude, The mic is connected from the rear mic connector but i can't find the 3.5 mm aux in my glove box, only USB connector is present. But in the below pic AUX IN is present. need to check with installer :(
The Simple & Humble ICE for my Swift DDiS-kdcx994.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

Any damping is useless if not stuck to the surface properly, i.e. it could peel off. I dont see how else it could be "useless".
yes the rear hatch lid rattles flawlessly, need to damp again

Quote:
Try reducing the gains on the Auditor amp and see if the noise reduces. Also, running signal alongside the power cable is a no-no.
So, need to do re wiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Simple plug-n-play.
KCA-iP101 accessory is needed for connecting ipod it seems as read it in the manual.

The Simple & Humble ICE for my Swift DDiS-kcaip101.jpg

@ thelord

Is there Xover setting for Subwoofer too?. I am seeing only front & rear Xover settings in this HU.

Last edited by whizzkid_ram : 5th July 2010 at 22:32.
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 00:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ thelord

Is there Xover setting for Subwoofer too?. I am seeing only front & rear Xover settings in this HU.
Of course there is... Its located in the same menu where you set front and rear Xover. Make sure the sub option is set to ON otherwise you won't see any settings.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 10:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
KCA-iP101 accessory is needed for connecting ipod it seems as read it in the manual.
Looks like a normal Ipod cable to me, have you tried using the Ipod to USB cable that you got with your Ipod?
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 10:29   #50
BHPian

Ram, that cable is just any iPod to USB cable. It's required only if you don't wish to use the original iPod cable.
thelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Of course there is... Its located in the same menu where you set front and rear Xover. Make sure the sub option is set to ON otherwise you won't see any settings.
Yes, I have found it. when the SW is switched on, it shows.
Could you guide me with the Xover settings for SW?
The default settings of SW currently are 100hz with -12db/octave and phase is kept at normal.

What is your suggestion to keep the Xover of SW? There are 2 "phase" settings, one is normal & other is reverse. What does it mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Looks like a normal Ipod cable to me, have you tried using the Ipod to USB cable that you got with your Ipod?
Yes, I thought a built in cable would be provided for ipod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Ram, that cable is just any iPod to USB cable. It's required only if you don't wish to use the original iPod cable.
fine bro. Can we listen songs by switching off the SW for prolonged hours or it is mandatory to use SW? Does it create any problem to the whole system?

My mom asks me to switch off the bass effect from behind as she don't like the thump often.
Old 6th July 2010, 13:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... but i can't find the 3.5 mm aux in my glove box, ...
Didn't occur to the installer to put the cable bring the Aux-in and leave the plug in the glove box, perhaps. Ask him to put it.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 14:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have found it. when the SW is switched on, it shows.
Could you guide me with the Xover settings for SW?
The default settings of SW currently are 100hz with -12db/octave and phase is kept at normal.

What is your suggestion to keep the Xover of SW? There are 2 "phase" settings, one is normal & other is reverse. What does it mean?
Well you have to play around XOVER points and woofer phase. Try 100 or 80 hz at 12db/octave. Plus play around until you find the best suited setting as per your ears.

Quote:
fine bro. Can we listen songs by switching off the SW for prolonged hours or it is mandatory to use SW? Does it create any problem to the whole system?

My mom asks me to switch off the bass effect from behind as she don't like the thump often.
Its not mandatory to use subwoofer. 90% of the time subwoofer in my car is off. If your mom doesn't like bass effect then you can just set the sub level to -5 or -7 or can turn off the sub right from the HU!
Old 6th July 2010, 15:45   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Didn't occur to the installer to put the cable bring the Aux-in and leave the plug in the glove box, perhaps. Ask him to put it.
Yes, the installer left as it is. I would ask him to do the need. A cable is needed for the extension of AUX IN.

Quote:
Well you have to play around XOVER points and woofer phase. Try 100 or 80 hz at 12db/octave. Plus play around until you find the best suited setting as per your ears.
What's does normal phase & reverse phase mean? What is the minimum Hz limit of SW at 12db/octave which the SW keeps unharmed?

Quote:
Its not mandatory to use subwoofer. 90% of the time subwoofer in my car is off. If your mom doesn't like bass effect then you can just set the sub level to -5 or -7 or can turn off the sub right from the HU!
From day 1, I have just kept the sub level in -3db only.
Old 6th July 2010, 17:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's does normal phase & reverse phase mean? What is the minimum Hz limit of SW at 12db/octave which the SW keeps unharmed?
It is like reversing the polarity of the sub without interchanging the wires.

You can cross the sub at 60 to 100 hz at 12db depending to what suits your needs better.

Crossing the sub at 60hz will make sub play frequencies below 60hz. Try to play around 80-100hz.

Also read this
A Guide to Subwoofers: Characteristics, Placement, & Adjustments - Blu-ray Forum
Old 6th July 2010, 17:28   #56
BHPian

Nice informative page. Thanx.
Old 8th July 2010, 18:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, need to do re wiring?
You can check if that is causing the problem by running a separate RCA cable directly from the head unit to the amp after disconnecting the one which is running along the power wire. If the noise stops, its obvious its being picked up from the power cable, or some other source of interference along the way.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 19:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
You can check if that is causing the problem by running a separate RCA cable directly from the head unit to the amp after disconnecting the one which is running along the power wire. If the noise stops, its obvious its being picked up from the power cable, or some other source of interference along the way.
Heading to install place on monday to check.

EDIT: Have mailed you sometime back. Checked?

@thelord

Did some experimentation with TA. Dunno its accurate but somehow trusted my ears

Front Left & Right - 1.77 ft
Rear Left & Right - 4.4 ft
Subwoofer - 4.5 ft

There is also Car speaker setup under the Detailed setup in Audio apart from DTA menu. I've kept the same DTA setting in Car speaker setup too.

Last edited by whizzkid_ram : 8th July 2010 at 19:24.
Old 9th July 2010, 13:14   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Local installers have a nasty habit of putting signal wires and power in the same route just for some time saving but with an attitude of its the best thing. If you are too skeptical about them, after the installation if no hum or whine, they will grin at u as if I told you nothing will happen, if something wrong they will start complaining about the cables or amps we've bought.
sajjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 16:08   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
if something wrong they will start complaining about the cables or amps we've bought.
, This happened in my case. Even the reputed installer like Teknocrat too do these kind of jobs for their work to be at ease.