Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 10th February 2012, 04:10   #31
BHPian

Default Re: ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied

hi team...
i have a question in regards to the installation of ICE.

The installer has pulled the amp installation kits cable from the engine bay Dr o the car from outside left wheel arch. I.e, its just above the tyre (front left) and there is a plastic padding above it. He has tucked the cable inside that by opening it and from there via front left door he has got it inside the car. At the time of installation I have expressed my concern of rain water actually affecting this cable, to which he explained that water wouldn't enter what way. I would like to know if this is ok? If not please let me know what can be done. Thank u!
punto_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 13:59   #32
BHPian

My installedrgot the power cable through a space in the firewall. I will post a pic soon
Soccerfan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 14:59   #33
BHPian

sure soccerfan... thank u. awaiting tge pic...
Old 12th February 2012, 14:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
sure soccerfan... thank u. awaiting tge pic...
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_20120212_131717.jpg

Please see the pic. The red cable is the power cable for the amp. This comes inside the car behind the glove box.
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 23:08   #35
BHPian

thank u soccerfan... that is helpful...
Old 15th February 2012, 10:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Attachment 886532

Please see the pic. The red cable is the power cable for the amp. This comes inside the car behind the glove box.
Hi Soccerfan. I went back to my installer and he was saying that by getting it the way shown in this pic, he would need to cut the cables.. and I am not really sure if we need to cut any cables for that, so I came back without making any changes to the installation. Btw, there is also a very low humming sound off the AMP/SUB post installation. When I got this checked, he said that some cars have this issue and we need some "ground loop elimintation fuse" and it costs some 1000rs.
Is this really required? Did anyone else face this trouble?
Old 15th February 2012, 18:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Hi Soccerfan. I went back to my installer and he was saying that by getting it the way shown in this pic, he would need to cut the cables.. and I am not really sure if we need to cut any cables for that, so I came back without making any changes to the installation. Btw, there is also a very low humming sound off the AMP/SUB post installation. When I got this checked, he said that some cars have this issue and we need some "ground loop elimintation fuse" and it costs some 1000rs.
Is this really required? Did anyone else face this trouble?
No cable needs to be cut. Take it to some other installer. Humming noise means some earthing issue. Check all earthings of the amp
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 22:15   #38
BHPian

well, i need to find an alternate for this. thank u.
Old 29th February 2012, 08:45   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
cant be done on the emotion pk model. the terminal from where you have tapped the 12v remote out does not turn off in emotion pk model.

in emotion it switches on and off based on head unit.

in emotion pk when ur head unit is off and you turn on the ignition key the terminal immediately gets 12v and amplifier goes on.
So, the only way to upgrade ICE in Emotion PK model, is to lose the HU and bring in a completely new setup?

Would a shame to miss that steering controls & bluetooth.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 11:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So, the only way to upgrade ICE in Emotion PK model, is to lose the HU and bring in a completely new setup?

You Can upgrade a head unit and also retain the steering controls and bluetooth. I upgraded the HU used a steering control interface CTSFA004- Connects2 ones and retained everything.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 11:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There are steering wheel remote converters available for aftermarket HUs like Kenwood/Clarion/Pioneer in the Europe region. My friend had installed the steering controls in his Linea E+ with a Clarion HU bought from the US
anachronix is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:16   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You Can upgrade a head unit and also retain the steering controls and bluetooth. I upgraded the HU used a steering control interface CTSFA004- Connects2 ones and retained everything.
Cool!

Was just reading in the Punto TD thread - that blue & me cannot be retained even after using Connects2. Have you explained your ICE setup anywhere? I'm a newbie to the world of FIAT.

Also - you mentioned earlier - that amp cannot be done in Emotion PK. How to overcome this?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd March 2012 at 15:30.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cool!

Was just reading in the Punto TD thread - that blue & me cannot be retained even after using Connects2. Have you explained your ICE setup anywhere? I'm a newbie to the world of FIAT.

Also - you mentioned earlier - that amp cannot be done in Emotion PK. How to overcome this?
Amp can be done in Emotion PK but it wont switch on and off through the head unit. The head unit on emotion pk does not have a 12volt remote out connection for amp. You have to hack the remote out from fuse box on ignition switch.
So when the ignition key is on your amp will be on.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 20:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Amp can be done in Emotion PK but it wont switch on and off through the head unit. The head unit on emotion pk does not have a 12volt remote out connection for amp. You have to hack the remote out from fuse box on ignition switch.
So when the ignition key is on your amp will be on.
Hi,

You can use A5 - Remote aerial conection as remote on/off for amp you use, i used this A5 in Pioneer amp.
Attached Images

subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 20:26   #45
BHPian

Question Re: ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied

Quote:

Hi,

I have tryed this CTS conector to connect with pio HU but it not worked, can you give more info on how you are connected said interface, post some photo/video.
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote