| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|29th June 2010, 22:54||#1|
New ICE set up for Zen - suggestions required
Dear Fellow BHPians,
I plan to upgrade the HU in my Zen (currently it has a cassette player). I do have the speakers (rear Alpine and Front Sony xPlod). I would be upgrading my car by year end (mostly to Scorpio SLE) and would like to use the HU there also. I did some research and now I need the expert opinion on choosing the HU. My budge is ~12k.
1.HU without CD drive (USB / SD only) – No good options available other than Alpine X305S.
2.HU with CD with USB and or SD (Pioneer DEH 7250SD seems to be good)
3.HU with DVD & USB (Pioneer DVH P4190UB seems ok)
As of now I shortlisted Pioneer DVH-P4190UB (DVD, USB & IPod) and DEH-7250SD (USB, SD connectivity; IPod connectivity). Could the experts give me some advice on the following.
1.Is there better HU with the similar options (ready to spend say couple of 1000s more)
2.Is the above models worth buying now (I would use it for a longer period)
3.What is your opinion on Alpine iDA-X305S? Does it worth the price (> 15k)?
4. If there are better HUs available, please tell me approximate market price also.
5. At last a good dealer in Bangalore (good rate) would also be helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Last edited by scorpio_fan : 29th June 2010 at 23:01.
|2nd July 2010, 10:57||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Thanked: 4,286 Times
The Pioneer HUs are quite good. One of our Mods (GTO) recently got one for his Civic (check out the sound off section for his install).
The Alpine HUs are excellent. For anyone whose mobile music source is only an ipod (like me) this is the way to go. I moved to exclusively using ipods in cars in 2002-3 and have not looked back since. Do CDs sound better? Yes they do but they get scrtached (ipods do not), you have to remember to change the CDs (on a 160GB ipod you can carry about half your collection), and in traffic with auto richshaws and other distractions music is not something you can concentrate on anyway. I would look at the Kenwood 700 or BT900 as well.
|2nd July 2010, 11:08||#4|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Thanked: 3 Times
@Scorpio_Fan. Really if you see, if you prefer SQ setup, then you need to consider the HU brands in the below order.
Then the rest. Better try in the above order and among two models you mentioned, 7250 will be better model. is it a Grey stuff?
|2nd July 2010, 11:12||#5|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 2,879 Times
1. There are a couple of other disk-less models available from Alpine, as well as models from Kenwood and Blaupunkt
2. Alpine 305 does not seem to have distinct advantages over others. The IDA100 is more VFM if you don't want Time Alignment
3. You could check out other brands of HUs (with CD/DVD and USB) as well in the 12K bracket - Kenwood, Clarion, JVC (their DVD models are VFM), Blaupunkt. Read up the Products as well as the Sound off & Show Off sections for what other people have been putting in
4. Good rate is all about research and bargaining, and your willingness for grey or with b&w. Some installers may not bargain too much, but they know what to do and do a very good job of it
|2nd July 2010, 11:52||#6|
Thanks Navin & DerAlte, I will check Kenwood and Clarion too.
I will come back again with some more querios once I verify some other models too.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Help required in choosing good set of speakers from US||Dragonov||In-Car Entertainment||33||9th June 2008 13:32|
|Suggestions on ICE setup - Zen||Speedzone||In-Car Entertainment||6||31st August 2007 16:28|
|Planning Hyderabad-Goa: Suggestions required||sforsarang||Route / Travel Queries||3||13th August 2007 16:55|
|Used Zen vs new Zen||shuvc||Hatchbacks||12||18th August 2005 19:16|