| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|23rd July 2010, 17:45||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Thanked: 95 Times
Upgraded Scorpio ICE, Few nagging issues.
At last I changed my CD head and speakers. The one which comes as factory fitted was almost has no use.
1. Found JVC XR 810, found it on ebay.com, and asked a client to buy for me. It was around Rs.9500/-
2. Four speakers (300w) each from Lighening Audio
3. Amplifier - Lightening Audio LA-153 and LA-2000MD 2,000 AMP
(For 2 & 3 Rs. 30000) and 4 twitters from the same Lightening Audio.
Result: Clear music, and nice bass.
What I like:
Bluetooth, Its easy to use with one button touch, it syncs with address book and call register.
What I dislike:
I lost steering audio control. Tried an after market JVC-Mahindra converter, which started giving troubles. It was automatically increasing the voice to peak level. Made me annoyed. So stopped using it.
Any recommendations to retrieve back my useful Steering Audio controls?
Secondly, there is a bothering noise (rrrr..) when I raise the engine, in also increases. The guy who fitted is struggling to fix that. Any clues?
Third: The Voice assist system in Scorpio doesn't work with the new speakers.
It gives a 'Kirkkk' noice and then no voice was produced. Do I have to fit a new speaker separately for this voice assist system?
Overall, I am happy only to an extend after spending much. :-)
|23rd July 2010, 18:22||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Thanked: 0 Times
If you have routed both the power and the RCA wires together, then the RCA's will pick up engine whine when you raise the engine, because of electromagnetic induction!!
To solve this I suggest you route the power and the RCA wires through opposite sides of the ride!
If the noise persists even then, try putting some wire tubing over the RCA cables!!
Please note that this maybe only one of the possible reasons!!
|24th July 2010, 13:17||#3|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 2,031 Times
1) for the whining noise, i think feby has answered your query pretty well. it can also be a grounding issue, get this checked form a competent installer.
2) for the Voice assist system, i am sure your installer would have changed the wiring of the front speakers. i got my scorpio's ICE installed (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1991438) & i had asked the installer not to touch the OE wiring of the front speakers & he changed the entire wiring except the front speakers'. so, my car's VAS is working fine with no issues.
To all Scorpio owners,
Just dont meddle with your car's front speaker OE wirings & the VAS will work perfectly with your new speakers.
Last edited by raj_5004 : 24th July 2010 at 13:19.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Optra Magnum 0k To 10k Experience And Some Nagging Issues EDIT: updated to 15k||raaga||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||44||15th September 2015 17:57|
|Upgraded my scorpio 2.2 - Final Upgrade with Pics on Pg.3||raj_5004||In-Car Entertainment||47||17th February 2011 20:55|
|WagonR 2004, 44K done. nagging sound from rear suspension||patelhemals||Technical Stuff||4||11th November 2008 09:39|
|Major ICE Upgrade in my Palio (EDIT: Car upgraded.)||hydrashok||In-Car Entertainment||352||13th April 2008 22:47|
|Nagging Engine Knocking in MPFI Zen - Help!||newcoolgadgets||Technical Stuff||7||11th May 2007 09:38|