| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|25th July 2010, 00:57||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanked: 460 Times
I have a small querry.I need to connect my ipod to my superbs aux out.There is a provision for 3.5MM out jack.I connected and the ipod works,but it doesnt charge the ipod.I searched google and found a 3.5mm to usb usb connector. And a usb to usb male femal connector.Will it charge the ipod then and show the playlist on the stock headunit?
|25th July 2010, 01:04||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Thanked: 248 Times
I don't think so kedar, That sounds practically impossible. If you have a USB interface and a stock Ipod support, You can get the playlist on stock screen plus you can charge the ipod as well.
|25th July 2010, 16:43||#3|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Wrong cable! You need a simple fix, except that it is not so simple to create.
1. Buy a 5V car charger, the one that has USB socket at one end and the other end is a plug that goes into the Cig Lighter socket. (This comes with a cable with USB plug at one end and a mobile charging jack at the other end for Nokia, BB, iPhone etc.). Should cost you 400-500, maybe less
2. Buy a normal iPod USB cable - about 60/-
Now comes the tricky part:
3. Search for iPhone dock connector pinout and orient yourself with the dock connector of the normal USB cable
4. Carefully remove the white cover on the connector on the cable (don't worry, you will at most lose 60 bucks)
5. Check orientation on the connector by testing continuity of Pin 15 / 16 on dock connector with Pin 4 of the USB plug (Ground)
6. Take the EP jack cable, cut off one jack with 2" of cable from one end. Expose the wires on the other (longer end) of the cut wire. There should be 3 wires - L, R and screen. Prepare for soldering by tinning the ends of these wires (you may need to twist the screen and solder a short thin wire to it). Solder the R wire to pin 3, the L wire to pin 4 and the screen wire to pin 2 of the dock connector
7. Put the white cover back (you may need to cut it a little bit to accommodate the wires coming out). Connect the USB plug to the charger socket, put the charger in the lighter socket, and connect the other EP jack to the Aux-in socket of the HU, and you should be good to go!
PS: If you find this daunting, ask your neighborhood electronics repair person to do it for you!
Last edited by DerAlte : 25th July 2010 at 16:44.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Replacing a Superb - BMW GT, Mercedes C220 or 3rd-gen Skoda Superb?||Epic||Luxury, Imports & Niche||52||24th December 2016 22:41|
|Skoda unveils updated Superb and Superb Combi in Europe||Abhinav667||The International Automotive Scene||59||15th January 2014 21:17|
|The Superb Superb||holysmoke||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||48||23rd July 2011 07:39|
|Sparky proved itself -build quality superb,ride superb||bkm||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||4||15th April 2008 13:12|