Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 15th August 2010, 20:15   #1
BHPian

Default Amplifier switching off!! Please Help

Hi, I am having this problem in my Swift. I have a Pioneer P8000BT HU, with Kicker components in the front, Pioneer components in the rear, Sony 500W amplifier and Blaupunkt TSSeries Sub Woofer.

I like to hear music in loud/full bass (I guess you got what I meant). But recently I am having this problem of the amplifier going into power/protect mode whenever I am turning the volume above 40. One punch in the bass, and the amp is going off. I have to turn the HU off, and then switch it back on, and it again starts.

I showed it to the Sony service center, and they changed the MOSFET circuits, but still the problem persists. I would like to hear the suggestions of you experts Help!!!!
buntydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 21:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quite simple - the amp is not as powerful as you are assuming. The 500W is misleading, as this may not be the RMS rating.

You need to drive the sub with a good monoblock, like the JBL 301.1.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 21:30   #3
BHPian

Exactly! And also check the power/ground cables.
I was using JBL wiring kit(probably fake) and after an year it just gave up.
thelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 09:53   #4
BHPian

Thanks everyone. My cables are fine, just need to add a mono amp as you all suggested. I am trying to source it from US, so any suggestions on this, apart from the JBL one?
buntydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 10:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Your gains are probably set way too high, thus tripping the amp. I have not heard the JBL mono, but I have heard the Focal Solid1 powering a Kappa sub and it's very good. Try to catch some reviews online.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote