Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 6th September 2010, 16:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
clean and neat work.

i have got a similar set up in my alto, i mean the positioning of the components. i have got illusions in front.

i think one spacer is extra in your case. yes the position cannot be changed as we do not have power windows and any placement above it will cause obstruction to open the window smoothly.

I think the best place for AMP to be is at the back of rear seat. i had first put the amp below the seat when my cousins son dropped a bottle and water got spilled all over. thankfully the amps dint get damaged.
Thank you for the suggestion Amit!
I also wanted to place the Amp behind the rear seat, but i had to get my seat covers done too! So for the time being got it installed under the seat. Now that the seat work is done, will get the amp re positioned! Maybe ventilation will also be better behind the rear seats!

Cheers!
-Z
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 17:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

hey and one more thing i forgot to point out, which i too regret is putting those tweeters in the door pad.
they should have been placed in the A pillar.

during rains the water from the wiper as well as from above drops on the tweeters.
to avoid this i have put the rain gaurds, but then it obstructs vision on the A pillar.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 17:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
hey and one more thing i forgot to point out, which i too regret is putting those tweeters in the door pad.
they should have been placed in the A pillar.

during rains the water from the wiper as well as from above drops on the tweeters.
to avoid this i have put the rain gaurds, but then it obstructs vision on the A pillar.
Damn! I thought flush mounting the tweeters there will look good aesthetically and also it will be concealed from potential thieves!
Now how will I plug the hole if I install it on the A pillar?

Cheers!
-Z
Old 6th September 2010, 17:50   #19
BHPian

Congrats Zombie. Hope you are enjoying your music now. BTW did you get the install tuned up to have the soundstage corrected? Rear sound stage I reckon would beat the very purpose of having the front comps.

Their low placement is something I guess even I will have to live with since my plans are also very similar to yours (including the rear boxes).

I am keeping my fingers crossed as to when I would be able to get the ICEing done. Until then, its just the ICE section on Team BHP
itsmyalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 18:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyalto View Post
Congrats Zombie. Hope you are enjoying your music now. BTW did you get the install tuned up to have the soundstage corrected? Rear sound stage I reckon would beat the very purpose of having the front comps.

Their low placement is something I guess even I will have to live with since my plans are also very similar to yours (including the rear boxes).

I am keeping my fingers crossed as to when I would be able to get the ICEing done. Until then, its just the ICE section on Team BHP
Not yet Brother, still waiting for the sound damping material, it'll be here this weekend and probably i will be taking a day off next week to get it installed and tune my system! Until then I will have to listen to my music with the existing setup.
If you alter your door pads, go for the vinyl material (for enclosure) It will look better! I completely forgot when i got my car done. I will try to replace it in my next visit to EVO!

Cheers!
-Z
Old 6th September 2010, 18:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Damn! I thought flush mounting the tweeters there will look good aesthetically and also it will be concealed from potential thieves!
Now how will I plug the hole if I install it on the A pillar?

Cheers!
-Z
aah, the hole cannot be plugged now

live with it for some days. see how you can protect it from rains. otherwise you need to cover them/ put rain-gaurd like me
Old 6th September 2010, 18:09   #22
BHPian

Tx for your post. I've got to learn a couple of practical issues inspite of being on this thread for quite some time now
itsmyalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 18:45   #23
BHPian

Nice setup zombie. Any plans for adding a SUB ??
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 19:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Nice setup zombie. Any plans for adding a SUB ??
Thank you Quadra!

I'm thinking about the sub! I'll have to compromise the little available boot space :(
If I do I'll have to use the detachable connectors to take the sub out during long trips.

-Z
Old 6th September 2010, 19:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Thank you Quadra!

I'm thinking about the sub! I'll have to compromise the little available boot space :(
If I do I'll have to use the detachable connectors to take the sub out during long trips.

-Z
that sounds like a good plan. while driving in city i shut off the rear speakers and listen from the front components and only the sub.

while carrying luggage i detach the sub a 10 seconds job and again put on the rear speakers.

SUB creates an entirely different listening experience and compos and sub is perfect combination.
Old 6th September 2010, 20:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
that sounds like a good plan. while driving in city i shut off the rear speakers and listen from the front components and only the sub.
What is the main diff in SQ with / without turning OFF rear speakers (in a sub+amp setup)
Old 6th September 2010, 23:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
What is the main diff in SQ with / without turning OFF rear speakers (in a sub+amp setup)
hearing from front stage sounds goods rather than vocals coming from behind.
sub is just a rear filler.
Old 14th September 2010, 15:34   #28
BHPian

Phase II
Got the front 2 doors and the hatch door damped . Used Dynamat Xtreme!
Finally after the components break in period, got it fine tuned and it sounds very good. Trust me Dynamat helped 100%. Now the sound stage (Front & Rear) is synced perfectly, well almost!

Future upgrade - Decent Sub

Here are the pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Alto Auditorized @ Evo-13092010246.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-13092010250.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-13092010251.jpg  

Old 14th September 2010, 16:59   #29
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic!

Jap-Korean cars seem to benefit more from damping than German cars (aka Octavia vs Corolla for example).

BTW I see Dynamat now got Chip Foose as their brand ambassador!
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 18:00   #30
BHPian

how much did you get it for ? cost of install ??