Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 09:54   #46
BHPian
 
Zombie69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore / Bettendorf
Posts: 157
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Hi Gurus!
I need a Sub for my Alto. This is the quote i got from one of the local stores here.

Cerwin Vega 12" - (model # 124, i guess) - INR 6500
RC Cable - INR 2400
Box - INR 1400
Some other connector - INR 600
Labor - 350

Total INR 11450

His best price was - INR 10,000

Current Setup
Kenwood H.U
Auditor Comps 6.5"
Auditor Co-Axials
Auditor Amp

My question is
1) Is the Sub good?
2) Is the sub compatible with the existing set up
3) Do I need a separate amp for the sub or can I use the existing Amp by bridging?

P.S - I need a sub which is cheaper and produces a lot of Bass. Need not be a SQL, even a cheaper SPL sub will do the job for me.

Your inputs are very much appreciated!

Cheers!
-Z
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 10:24   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
P.S - I need a sub which is cheaper and produces a lot of Bass. Need not be a SQL, even a cheaper SPL sub will do the job for me.
Why not stick to SVC series of Pioneer in that case. I think it would solve your purpose. Delhi grey prices are app 3K.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 12:36   #48
BHPian
 
cyclops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 297
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Hi Gurus!
I need a Sub for my Alto. This is the quote i got from one of the local stores here.

Cerwin Vega 12" - (model # 124, i guess) - INR 6500
RC Cable - INR 2400
Box - INR 1400
Some other connector - INR 600
Labor - 350

Total INR 11450

His best price was - INR 10,000

...
Cheers!
-Z
If you already have an amp running the speakers, the RCA cable is in place. Why do you need a new one? Even the enclosure prices seem to be on a higher side..
cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 21:31   #49
BHPian
 
thelord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 278
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

@Zombie69
Try the JBL entry level sub in a ported MDF box of ~ 1.7 cu ft. I've heard this in my friend's Estilo and it's really loud. Suites his music taste perfectly (Hip-Hop, UK Punjabi)

Price for the Sub should be ~3k and a well tuned ported box ~ 1.5k
thelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 08:51   #50
BHPian
 
Zombie69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore / Bettendorf
Posts: 157
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Why not stick to SVC series of Pioneer in that case. I think it would solve your purpose. Delhi grey prices are app 3K.
This is what I was talking about! Thank you Panky! But never saw fellow Bhpians use pioneer sub, so I'm a little skeptical about it, but will try to audition before I buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
If you already have an amp running the speakers, the RCA cable is in place. Why do you need a new one? Even the enclosure prices seem to be on a higher side..
Well he included the RCA cables in the quote just in case If i need a separate amp for the sub. He quoted 6K for a JBL amp. Forgot the model number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
@Zombie69
Try the JBL entry level sub in a ported MDF box of ~ 1.7 cu ft. I've heard this in my friend's Estilo and it's really loud. Suites his music taste perfectly (Hip-Hop, UK Punjabi)

Price for the Sub should be ~3k and a well tuned ported box ~ 1.5k
I asked Satya about JBL sub, he suggested to go with Boston for the same price as JBL and also mentioned Bostons are better as compared to JBL. Not sure whether Boston is SPL or SQL.

Cheers!
-Z
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 12:47   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
This is what I was talking about! Thank you Panky! But never saw fellow Bhpians use pioneer sub, so I'm a little skeptical about it, but will try to audition before I buy.
Not true dear.. a lot of here use (or have used) Pio subs. Considering your requirements, IMHO Pio sub would be anyday better than JBL entry level sub.

Audition it, am sure you're going to love it
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 22:50   #52
BHPian
 
thelord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 278
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

^^ I agree. I used the Pioneer sub for some time and for your taste it'll be a very good choice. Do let us know your experience with Boston if you get a chance, as I've only read good reviews but haven't yet got the chance of auditioning one.
thelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:09   #53
BHPian
 
Zombie69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore / Bettendorf
Posts: 157
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Not true dear.. a lot of here use (or have used) Pio subs. Considering your requirements, IMHO Pio sub would be anyday better than JBL entry level sub.

Audition it, am sure you're going to love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
^^ I agree. I used the Pioneer sub for some time and for your taste it'll be a very good choice. Do let us know your experience with Boston if you get a chance, as I've only read good reviews but haven't yet got the chance of auditioning one.

Well I heard from a friend of mine that Pio sub sounds the same for all kinds of music, can't make out the variations in the frequencies at all. but anyhow will audition it. for now I have 3 subs in my list to audition.
1) Rockford Fosgate Prime series
2) Boston Acoustics
3) Pioneer

My budget is 6K and all these come within that range. In an other 2 weeks will audition all and will decide.

Thanks guys!
-Z
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 16:07   #54
BHPian
 
muneemmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cochin
Posts: 809
Thanked: 17 Times
Default why not a 15 " ?

If you are into SPL then the cheapest SPL subs out there must be from Kicker, the 15" ES154 comes at with an MRP of 7000rs ! so i guess if you are looking at a 12" you have the choice of the same thing in 12 inches at lower prices and being a kicker it would run beautifully with just a little power because of the high sensitivity rating on those subs. The only other decent choice that you might have in that price range seems to be RF Prime.
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 21:35   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Guys, any idea on the subs from Kenwood? Are they any good, when compared to Pioneer or JBL?

Drive safe.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 11:59   #56
BHPian
 
torquarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi Z,

I've been following your thread. So did you decide on any sub finally ? Details please.
torquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 15:55   #57
BHPian
 
Zombie69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore / Bettendorf
Posts: 157
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquarius View Post
Hi Z,

I've been following your thread. So did you decide on any sub finally ? Details please.

I haven't got a chance to audition the subs yet. I was little busy with some work .
It should take another couple of weeks and then will install. Mostly I will be going with a 12" Rockford Fosgate Prime or Boston Acoustics.
I have decided to drop the SPL kind of Sub and will be purely going in for SQL type.

Cheers!
-Z
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:47   #58
BHPian
 
Zombie69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore / Bettendorf
Posts: 157
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Got my Sub!!

Finally got my ICE complete with a sub installation.
My choice was Rockford Fosgate Prime. Model number - R1S412.
It's a 12" sub and I LOVE IT!!

Impedance - 4 Ohm
Power Handling - 150 Watts RMS
Voice coil Diameter - 2.0" (4 layer)

Cheers!
-Z

Last edited by Zombie69 : 22nd October 2010 at 17:50.
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:57   #59
BHPian
 
torquarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Finally got my ICE complete with a sub installation.
My choice was Rockford Fosgate Prime. Model number - R1S412.
It's a 12" sub and I LOVE IT!!

Impedance - 4 Ohm
Power Handling - 150 Watts RMS
Voice coil Diameter - 2.0" (4 layer)

Cheers!
-Z
Congrats Z. Glad to know that you've closed your ICE loop with a sub. Eagerly waiting for the pic and price details .
torquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 21:55   #60
BHPian
 
Zombie69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore / Bettendorf
Posts: 157
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Took the pics of my cell phone
Total price inclusive of Sub / Ported Box / Wiring came up to INR 5300
Attached Thumbnails
Alto Auditorized @ Evo-sub1.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-sub2.jpg  

Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series camchennai The International Automotive Scene 38 22nd October 2015 23:44
Alto 1.1 PW steering to Alto 800.non PWS Ramsagar Modifications & Accessories 12 15th October 2009 18:00
Spotted a Mitsu EVO 7 (modded like an EVO X) nikibusa Super-Cars & Imports in India 76 17th September 2009 11:07
To All Alto Owners / Experts: Need suggestion about Alto ICE Installation. nitin.dangayach In-Car Entertainment 12 19th August 2008 11:22
Fastest EVO in the world Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 7 RS BUSA The International Automotive Scene 11 5th February 2008 23:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks