Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd November 2010, 13:05   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Till 25 years back I used to have a book from Philips which was based on the Eindohoven Uni stuff. Did most of my box designs from that with dense particle board and even teak (which was available in plenty back then). Alas, some one took it from me and didn't ever return it. Been searching for that book in physical or electronic form since then to no avail. :-(
I think you are talking about this book - Building Hi-Fi Speaker Systems by M. D. Hull
M. D. Hull and K. R. de Vries, Building Hifi Speaker Systems Aplication Book na Estante Virtual
it had a different (brown) cover in those days but the content is the same.

Americans refer to The Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickason (now in it's 7th or 8th edition) as a bible. I find it too basic.

David Weems has written many basic books on this topic here are a few of the ones that are commonly available.
1. Designing, Building & Testing Your Own Speaker System With Projects (now in it's 4th edition)
2. Building Speaker Enclosures
3. 21 Custom Speaker Enclosure Projects You Can Build

and so has Martin Colloms (editor of Hi Fi CHoice).

Then there is the old book by Gordon McComb and the Evans Brothers called Building Speaker Systems or maybe it is Building Loudspeaker Systems.

but for inspiration the best place to look are in papers of the Audio Engineering Society (AES).
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 22:55   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Alto Auditorized @ Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Took the pics of my cell phone
Total price inclusive of Sub / Ported Box / Wiring came up to INR 5300
Hi Zombie, I have got the same sub with box. I live in Hyderabad. A shop guy in minister road charged bit hight. For sub 4100, MDF box 1400 total coming to 5500. Since I wanted quality wiring, I had to purchase Scosche RCA kit for 2200. What is the type of box and cables you purchsed?
dilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 05:50   #78
BHPian

Default Re: Alto Auditorized @ Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
Hi Zombie, I have got the same sub with box. I live in Hyderabad. A shop guy in minister road charged bit hight. For sub 4100, MDF box 1400 total coming to 5500. Since I wanted quality wiring, I had to purchase Scosche RCA kit for 2200. What is the type of box and cables you purchsed?
Sorry bud... I was offline for couple months!! i was a little busy with work. I remember the box was ported and wires were probably Scosche. I don't have the car now. I sold it as i moved to U.S. Hope your system is working good and enjoy the music!

Cheers!
Z
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote