Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th September 2010, 08:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |

Waiting for the Fiesta is literally taking my life out. So in between the mega release, thought i ll ICE my swift. Not really a all new ICE, most items from my earlier setups. However most of the equipments were sitting idle so thought of putting some use to them.

Here are the equipments that went in;

Head Unit: Kenwood eXcelon X693
Front Components: Morel Tempo 6X (rated at 80W rms)
Amp for Front stage: RF Power T400-2 (rated at 120W rms)
Sub woofer: 10" Blaupunk GTw 1000 (rated at 200W rms)
Amp for Sub stage: RF Punch P300-2 (rated at 300W rms)
Wiring Ki: Boss (To be changed)
Enclosure: 1.2 Cu.ft (Seems very large for a 10")
Damping: To be Done

The Sound is very good than i expected. Morel are not exactly laid back, but they are not sharp either. However, i ve placed the Tweeters off-axis.

The Amps, i ve already used and siad about them, so i am not going to prasie them anymore. They have NIL heating and go about their work with minimal fuss. The T400-2 is especially something i cant part with. Very clean, yet very composed.

The Sub, as expected is not loud. But then, i dint want it to be either. It is not too punchy either. I think its becuase of the useless kit and probably wrong sized enclosure. But what it excels is in being transparent. Yo never know thereis sub at all. Infact they just compliment the Md bass so well that the sound seems to be originating from the Dash.

I ll soon be going in for Damping and probably a better Amp kit to go with.

As of now, happy to be as it is.

Here are the pics; (could manage only a few though)
Attached Thumbnails
Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |-17082010335.jpg  

Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |-10082010333.jpg  

Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |-19092010377.jpg  

Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |-19092010378.jpg  

Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |-19092010379.jpg  

Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |-19092010380.jpg  

Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |-19092010383.jpg  

Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |-19092010387.jpg  

Presenting my Swift Symphony - | Morel | Rockford Fosgate | Kenwood | Blaupunkt |-19092010390.jpg  

Last edited by Mi10 : 20th September 2010 at 08:18.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 11:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mi10,

Pretty good stuff! I believe the Morel Tempo 6 are 120W RMS and not 80W RMS as mentioned by you. Also, what about rear fill? Is there any plans for that? Your system seems almost as identical as mine equipment wise and power rating wise at least.

Any updates/upgrades planned?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 13:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Mi10,

Pretty good stuff! I believe the Morel Tempo 6 are 120W RMS and not 80W RMS as mentioned by you. Also, what about rear fill? Is there any plans for that? Your system seems almost as identical as mine equipment wise and power rating wise at least.

Any updates/upgrades planned?
Thanks Buddy,

They are Tempo 6X (older model of Tempo) and they are rated at 80w rms.
No Plans for Rear Fill, only damping and probly a better amp kit to be done
Old 20th September 2010, 14:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice one Mi10. Not bad for a 'backup' car. Did you already have the Blau sub or is that a new one?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 17:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nice one Mi10. Not bad for a 'backup' car. Did you already have the Blau sub or is that a new one?
The Components, and Sub were purchased new.

Rest of equipments from older setup(s)
Old 20th September 2010, 23:01   #6
BHPian

Nice ICE! And finally someone who appreciates the VFM Blaupunkt sub.
I have installed a couple of Blaupunkt 10" subs and the SQ is amazing. Used ~0.6-0.7 cu ft for them, powered by around 180W and man you should have heard the kick! Thakk thakk thakkk.. Crossed it around 120Hz LPF and the integration with the fronts was unreal. The best sub under 2.5k if one is not going loud!

Cheers mate! Waiting eagerly for the Fiesta ICE install which is already an epic in the making.

Last edited by thelord : 20th September 2010 at 23:02.
thelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 01:00   #7
BHPian

Hey, if you use the amps on the swift what are you planning to do on your new fiesta. Another set of new Amps???
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 07:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Nice ICE! And finally someone who appreciates the VFM Blaupunkt sub.
I have installed a couple of Blaupunkt 10" subs and the SQ is amazing. Used ~0.6-0.7 cu ft for them, powered by around 180W and man you should have heard the kick! Thakk thakk thakkk.. Crossed it around 120Hz LPF and the integration with the fronts was unreal. The best sub under 2.5k if one is not going loud!

Cheers mate! Waiting eagerly for the Fiesta ICE install which is already an epic in the making.
Yes buddy, one few things that Blaupunkt got right were their Subs. Just reversed the polarity and increased the gains and they do pack quite a punch. I am surprised because, my earlier 12" like GZ, JBL didnt have this kinda punch. They were louder no doubt, but this one is a true VFM solution for an SQ sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Hey, if you use the amps on the swift what are you planning to do on your new fiesta. Another set of new Amps???
Yes, another Amp that will belong to a different league for my Mid basses.
I already got the XR-4S for my mid range and tweeters.
Old 21st September 2010, 08:48   #9
BHPian

Congrats Mi10, this is a surprise as we were all expecting the Fiesta ICE, very soon.

Excellent choice of Sub and components.

By the way I see you have put the Punch 300-2 for sale on the T-Bhp classifieds.

Changed your mind and not selling the amp is it????
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 09:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Congrats Mi10, this is a surprise as we were all expecting the Fiesta ICE, very soon.

Excellent choice of Sub and components.

By the way I see you have put the Punch 300-2 for sale on the T-Bhp classifieds.

Changed your mind and not selling the amp is it????
For the Fiesta ICE to be on, i first need to Fiesta to come. Thats a good 2 weeks from now. Even then my tweeters are expected by Oct Mid, so it will be almost a month long wait before i ICE the S.

Thanks Bro, and Yup, now its changed now.

Initially i was powering the Front Components with the P300-2 which is supposed to give 75w rms x 2. But the Morel's were not really singing and then i got the T400-2 to feed into her.

Strange, but true. Morel speakers need a lot of power. If you are driving them via underpowered Amps, or even worse from the HU they dont really sing at all. The Bass is non existent, the tweeters feel grim, Overall will sound like a radio.

Infact thats the reason, i have considered against powering my HO's (rated at 160 rms) with the RF T400-2.

Now i am on the lookout for an Amp that can give me good 180-230 rms for the HO's.
Old 21st September 2010, 21:34   #11
BHPian

Do you rob banks. Never seen somebody who upgrades so often. Great going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
The Components, and Sub were purchased new.

Rest of equipments from older setup(s)
Could you pls share the prices of the components and sub ?
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Do you rob banks.
I dont think i have a choice, as my lust for ICE is growing by leaps and bounds everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post

Could you pls share the prices of the components and sub ?
Components are 12K
Sub + Enclosure is 4K
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Initially i was powering the Front Components with the P300-2 which is supposed to give 75w rms x 2. But the Morel's were not really singing and then i got the T400-2 to feed into her.

Strange, but true. Morel speakers need a lot of power. If you are driving them via underpowered Amps, or even worse from the HU they dont really sing at all. The Bass is non existent, the tweeters feel grim, Overall will sound like a radio.
Yup, I have always mentioned this. Underpowering any set of components will not give the optimum result that it could put out. Giving power 80% close to the rated power will always give the good result. Morel is no exception here.

The big 2", 3" coil design requires power atleast close to it's rated power for them to really kick. Most people say they have lack midbass but they forget they lack in feeding power. It's like driving some Italian beauties on 87 or 91 octane fuel, run them on 97 octane and they give their best performance.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:39   #14
BHPian

I guess the wait for your cost no barrier setup in your Fiesta must be agonizing. Meanwhile even your 'lesser' setup should be no slouch. Nice setup.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I guess the wait for your cost no barrier setup in your Fiesta must be agonizing. Meanwhile even your 'lesser' setup should be no slouch. Nice setup.
Thanks buddy,

Yes the long waiting times for the Fiesta is now wreaking havoc in my ICE budget