Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 24th September 2010, 22:26   #76
BHPian

10 am it is. I will be there by 10-Give or take 5 minutes.
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 22:54   #77
BHPian

I had a chance to audition this setup today. The 5.1 sounded awesome . We watched a clipping from Terminator-2. The click's from arnie's gun reloading were spot on. The sub wasnt kicking hard but its was perfect for a movie setup. With additional screens i'm sure your kids would wanna spend more time inside the car than anywhere else.

This was a back to back audition after Gilead's setup. Though both of them had the same JL components and Focal solid 4 amps, the sound signature of both setups were different. We could make out the difference btw HU's. Both HU's do a commendable job of what they are designated to.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 00:10   #78
BHPian

+1 to Arun's comments above. I was present there too and I really loved the 5.1 setup. The bass was rolling down and the gun shots were just perfect. The re-loading of the gun and the was the bullet hits the wall were just so lively that you could feel the thud on you.

Sanjay worth every Thousand spent. Congrats and happy listening.
Old 26th September 2010, 22:59   #79
BHPian

Just curious to know.. Have you been through any hard time explaining the security personnel's (office premises) explaining what those setup are for in your bootspace?
hirajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 23:52   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirajan View Post
Just curious to know.. Have you been through any hard time explaining the security personnel's (office premises) explaining what those setup are for in your bootspace?
sanjayc happens to be the CEO of the office. Not sure about security in malls and hotels though. I guess they must be used to seeing stuff like this in the boot once in a while.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 09:06   #81
BHPian

Donarun@/Pr_007@, thanks.

Hirajan@, have not come across that situation as of now! Anyways, in malls/hotels etc, do they check the boot? I have not faced boot-search anywhere so far! Seems keeping the product manuals in the car is in order, just in case;-}
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 13:23   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Hirajan@, have not come across that situation as of now! Anyways, in malls/hotels etc, do they check the boot? I have not faced boot-search anywhere so far!
+1, Haven't came across yet. It would create jam & chaos if they happen to check every car.
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 13:30   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
+1, Haven't came across yet. It would create jam & chaos if they happen to check every car.
They check at my office campus. Its irritating to say the least. I have a bag with the car cleaning stuff and the car cover and everything neatly kept in the back, and everyday they will make a mess of it in the name of checking.
Perhaps they wont dare to touch anything after seeing the boot of sanjay's fiesta
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 14:08   #84
BHPian

Guys, my rear (lol) is pretty tame compared to lot of those multi-K RMS pumping outta there..even those having a flat a.s.s are belching out considerably more hot air than me;-}

Last edited by sanjayc : 27th September 2010 at 14:11.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Perhaps they wont dare to touch anything after seeing the boot of sanjay's fiesta
If they are adamant in checking, we could put those knuckleheads in the boot of sanjay's fiesta & play Bass test tracks which was given by Gilead to me
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 14:42   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Hirajan@, have not come across that situation as of now! Anyways, in malls/hotels etc, do they check the boot? I have not faced boot-search anywhere so far! Seems keeping the product manuals in the car is in order, just in case;-}
Boot check happens in my office and at the Mariott and Radisson hotels. In fact at the Mariott, a friendly black Lab would jump in to make sure everything is okay. Try the Mariott next time and update us. It's probably the most secure hotel here.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 16:50   #87
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Hearing hifi music on travel is an highly pleasurable thing. The photos and description are nice. I think this is the second FF doing an massive ICE upgrade after Gilead's.
One doubt- Is the existing battery power is enough for these audio animals.
Period
Boot check is becoming common on all IT parks/hotels/malls in chennai.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 20:21   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Now thats a beautiful setup ! thinking of driving down to Chennai just for auditioning this system ! I never heard of PowerZone though ! Mostly all my friends used to say GP road is the best place for all these. And thats one real neat install I have seen so far ! Everything in place and no mess at all ! Congrats buddy! Am looking for more updates.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 07:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
If they are adamant in checking, we could put those knuckleheads in the boot of sanjay's fiesta & play Bass test tracks which was given by Gilead to me
My Kicker sub is not the kind of monster what Gilead has. It has been selected to fit the mood more to my kind of listening(mostly Bollywood & classical/ghazals). While running the Focal Demo Tools CD Test, freq below 25hz was almost non-existent, but from 25-80hz, the growl can be felt running across the car body. Above 80Hz, due to the LFE cut-off setting, the comps were taking over the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Try the Mariott next time...
Man, for a change give some money saving tips, will you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Hearing hifi music on travel is an highly pleasurable thing. The photos and description are nice. I think this is the second FF doing an massive ICE upgrade after Gilead's.
One doubt- Is the existing battery power is enough for these audio animals.
Gilead setup is twice better @ half the cost. Couple of yrs(??) of research has gone into it and it shows. While he has already attained the musical nirvana it seems, mine is the first baby step towards it.

I had the same doubts regarding the battery. I am told that folks are running 10 times more powerfull setup with the stock battery. The engine must be kept running while using this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Now thats a beautiful setup ! thinking of driving down to Chennai just for auditioning this system ! I never heard of PowerZone though ! Mostly all my friends used to say GP road is the best place for all these. And thats one real neat install I have seen so far ! Everything in place and no mess at all ! Congrats buddy! Am looking for more updates.
Thanks. GP road is indeed the place...however, this whole ICE business is extremely murky area - you need to be in very good trusted hands.
====================

Update:

Yday, took the setup back to Powerzone for settling all pending issues.
1. The LED strip light in the boot was fixed with the better glue. It was falling off due to heat earlier

2. Amp/Sub vol remote also was fixed with a better glue as it has the same issue as above

3. Had done lot of fiddling around with the HU setup, from what was initially done by Powerzone. His feedback was that the highs were set too high and mid was kind of getting lost becos of that. The lows were also set too low (the vol i.e.) which he boosted. After spending some 15 mins, he called me to re-audition the system. The initial experience came back, or should I say, it felt even better.

Gilead/PR/Donarun, only yday I noticed that the fader was set to +2 and balance to -1 while you guys had an audition...I guess this resulted in tilting the sound stage towards left/front. The default setting of 0 for both now has resulted in a more balanced sound stage. Earlier I was having the feel that the music was directly hitting the ears.

Last edited by sanjayc : 28th September 2010 at 07:43.
Old 28th September 2010, 07:54   #90
BHPian

It is Good to see that once again you are getting what you wanted.

Sanjay, remember the Hero Honda ad, that used to come previously?--" Fill it, Shut it, forget it".

Now, you have "Tuned it", "set it" and now please keep your hands "off it" (LOL). This will give you very good listening experience with very good SQ for days to come.