Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 16th October 2010, 08:29   #1
BHPian

Post Is it 2 Player(MP3 Player & DVD player) Possible in my i10?

Gurus,

In my Hyundai i10, I have installed the imported Pioneer DEH-6150BT and also added JBL 2 way Amp for JBL 1000 watts sub wooofer.

All 4 door speakers are stock one.

This setup is satisfying my music needs.

Now I planned to install DVD player and roof mounted LCD in my car.

Here comes my problem. I don't want to sell my existing HU as this is almost brand new and it has even Bluetooth facility.

I found the Voyager TFT with inbuilt DVD player but it costs 23-25K. Which I feel expensive and will defiantly make hole in my pocket.

So other option is to buy some good DVD player and standalone roof mounted LCD either 7 or 9".

So now my query is whether I Can use both my MP3 player and DVD player in my car (since 2 din provision is exist) with the existing speaker setup?

If possible, which is best and cheap DVD player and roof mounted TFT in market?

do help.

Mods: I Have searched the forum about 2 player installation in a car. Couldn't found hence started this new thread. Please merge if it has.

Regards,
Rajesh
camon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 19:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't have to be dash mounted DVD player, does it? There are cheaper roof mounted LCDs with built-in DVD player and a remote control - mostly China-made ones. You only have to connect the audio output from this player to the Aux-in of the Pio HU.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 21:56   #3
BHPian

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Doesn't have to be dash mounted DVD player, does it? There are cheaper roof mounted LCDs with built-in DVD player and a remote control - mostly China-made ones. You only have to connect the audio output from this player to the Aux-in of the Pio HU.
Thanks Mate for your suggestion.
Is it possible to throw some chinese make brand/model names/nos. that are worth considering in this table.

Also would like to know any of the owners/victims who have used such brands for their cars?

Can I consider that these Chinese products are reliable?

Regards,
Rajesh
Old 17th October 2010, 11:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

There are many, but for some reason Necvox comes to mind, possibly because there are too many of those around. Search the Sound Off & Show off section - someone has installed one of these in an Innova, I think.

China-made products cannot be called 'unreliable' - they are no more or less reliable than, say, Sony.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 11:35   #5
BHPian

Thanks Deralte,

Will update you once I finalise the model.

May I know the meaning the name DerAlte? and your real name.

Regards,
Rajesh A.K.A Camon