Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th December 2005, 12:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
We are talking a Pio 5750 it is not high end. it is a one step above basic HU. the 944 is a one step above basic amp.
High end we'd be talking Becker HU etc...
yeah, 5650 can hardly be called high end.

Becker HUs have excellent build quality and features like navigation etc. However, for SQ they have proven to be average performers in a few group tests, with a typical german 'clinical' sound. For the price, the Eclipse, Clarion, Nakamichi and Denon Head Units have far better SQ.

Last edited by gunbir : 9th December 2005 at 12:33.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2005, 12:48   #17
BHPian

I'm sorry, I didn't mean "high-end" as in ICE forum standards I was just wondering if it is possible to obtain good quality sound in very low volumes(as the original poster wanted), in a relatively noisier diesel vehicle.

PS : R.P.M , I do not mean to disparage your choice of vehicles, I love the Turbo Indica myself
ballkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2005, 14:03   #18
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the quick response,

This is just a basic entry level system and not top end from any angle....you need to shell out upwards of 1L for extremely good quality sound....

The Indica is going to be my Beater and I dont see the sense in spending 1/4th the value of the car on the music system..

Taking into consideration Navins advice I am using the soundstream 120W RMS in the rear and 60W rms in the front along with the pioneer sub(cant stretch the budget to accomodate JBL), 944 AMP and the 5750 HU.

Ballkey: No offence taken.

Thanks you guys again for all the advice....

Peace out
R.P.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2005, 14:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey
I'm sorry, I didn't mean "high-end" as in ICE forum standards I was just wondering if it is possible to obtain good quality sound in very low volumes(as the original poster wanted), in a relatively noisier diesel vehicle.

PS : R.P.M , I do not mean to disparage your choice of vehicles, I love the Turbo Indica myself
he would be buying an amp right? That would solve your problem.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2005, 14:09   #20
Team-BHP Support

ok since your budget is limited...try this 5750, smaller amp, better speakers.

speakers convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. even the best are inefficient and very distortion prone. hence every dollar spent there esp for small budget systems goes a long way.

for my FIL's for example I eliminated the amp altogether to accomoddate better speakers. Better to have good low SPL music that bad high SPL music (which in my view is worse than bad low SPL music).

Last edited by navin : 9th December 2005 at 14:12.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote