Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 00:40   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand25 View Post
@Bass&Trouble or @Ramie-paaji

Please help

The advice on the thread seems to be in the right direction.

I would break it up somewhat like this:

Head Unit (Pioneer) 5-6k
Front Components - 5-6k
Rear Speakers - Coaxes - 2.5-3k
4ch Amplifier - 7-8k
Sub - 5-6k
Amp wiring kit - 2k
Speaker cabling - 2k
RCA Cables - 1k
Damping - 3k
Subwoofer Enclosure - 1k
Misc Items: Spacer rings, Head Unit wiring harness + Antenna Adaptor etc- 1k
Installation - 3k

I know it exceeds your budget somewhat, but I'm including most of the things that I think you'll need.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 11:13   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 21
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The advice on the thread seems to be in the right direction.

I would break it up somewhat like this:

Head Unit (Pioneer) 5-6k
Front Components - 5-6k
Rear Speakers - Coaxes - 2.5-3k
4ch Amplifier - 7-8k
Sub - 5-6k
Amp wiring kit - 2k
Speaker cabling - 2k
RCA Cables - 1k
Damping - 3k
Subwoofer Enclosure - 1k
Misc Items: Spacer rings, Head Unit wiring harness + Antenna Adaptor etc- 1k
Installation - 3k

I know it exceeds your budget somewhat, but I'm including most of the things that I think you'll need.
Can u specify the brands of each items in the setup so that it helps me narrowing down to the final list.

Last edited by Anand_A : 29th October 2010 at 11:17.
Anand_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 17:50   #18
BHPian
 
montyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 295
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand25 View Post
How much will damping the front rear & boot cost and what should be used. What will be the cost of wiring and which wires are to be used. Can u recommend me a good installer.
PM to B&T.

get good wiring. listen to a few setups... i know most ppl can't wait to get their car iced, but there's many a person here whom you can contact, hear their setup and decide.

kenwood HUs are much better in basic and mid level acc to me. so also, go for kenny or JBL amp navin or someone suggested than JVC.

also if you visit thane, get an estimate from motorland opp damani estate n see what setup they recommend.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 17:50   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 21
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

HU decided to go for is Kenwood 7013 / 8013

Next in line
Front Components
Amplifier

As my family travels with me was thinking of getting components in the rear also. is it a good idea. this will increase my budget but will satisfy the rear benchers.

What say guys?
Anand_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 15:02   #20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 21
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: ICE my Linea

Sorry Guys for the long break in between

was busy with my work hence could not update on the status of ICEing my car.

Got the baby ICEed on 9th January. Details will follow soon.

PICS will have to see as was not able to carry my digicam on the day of installation as it went bust on me.

maybe Ramie can help me on that.

Hey Ramie bro can you please upload the pics if you had clicked or can you mail it to me so that I upload the same.

Thanks Man for your efforts. the setup sounds awesome even at level 8.

Anand_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 23:20   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default ICE for Linea - help needed

I have a Fiat Linea E+ (with the Blu n Me) which has been with me for the past 2 years and you can call me stupid but i have finally realized that the stock speakers are worth a penny and i need a ICE upgrade thanks to the ICE section of team bhp and a friend who has a brilliantly ice'd Innova, more so this car has become my daily ride and i need a good setup in here.

Oh yes am a ICE noob.
1. Listening habits - Am a commercial music listener, love more bass and occasional punjabi songs to set the mood up. The things usually playing in my car are songs by eminem, pitbull, akon etc so you can judge the kind of things i listen to.

2. Budget - budget at present is around 25K which can be max extended by 2-3k more, that too if i really feel the difference.

2. HU - The Linea HU is crappy as well but i cant let go of it as then i will lose the precious Blu n Me and the audio controls, i could have let go of the audio controls but i cant imagine life without the blu n me feature.

I will retain this HU so please give your suggestion keeping this in mind, many people have discouraged me that i wont get any decent output with this HU even after spending money but want to know the real opinion on it.

3. Speakers - yes i want to get all 4 creakers - oh speakers changed, front components and rear co-axials.

4. Damping - never got it done on any car before but want to the advantages of it and if in the tight budget of 25K this would be a possibility.

5. Amplifier - I can go in for it to get the added thump but would like to know my options and how much would i have to shell out for this, i dont think my budget will get me one. I have heard the Linea HU causes problems with a few amplifiers as they remain in the on position even after switching the car off.

6. Place - Shortlisted Motor Concepts, Rajouri as a few people have gone there and have come back a happy man, a few good reviews here as well so i kind of trust them. Any bargaining tips

As for the subwoofer - i have shortlisted a Rockford fosgate and i will carry one back from my trip to US in June so then the ICE should be complete.

Suggestions please

Last edited by coolboy007 : 18th February 2012 at 23:21.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 00:35   #22
BHPian
 
RIC.BURNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 192
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: ICE for Linea - help needed

I have 2 sets of hertz dsk series compos in my punto and the sound is very good with enough bass. Even i thought the hu is crap but it is not, has enough power to drive those 4 comps with good SQ. There are members who got their fiat twins with amazing setup, search should give you an idea and plan.
RIC.BURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 11:43   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: ICE for Linea - help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
2. HU - The Linea HU is crappy as well but i cant let go of it as then i will lose the precious Blu n Me and the audio controls, i could have let go of the audio controls but i cant imagine life without the blu n me feature.

I will retain this HU so please give your suggestion keeping this in mind, many people have discouraged me that i wont get any decent output with this HU even after spending money but want to know the real opinion on it.
What is your exact reason for retaining the stock HU? I personally dont like it because the co-passenger cannot change songs/folder if music is being played through the USB. It is completely driver oriented. Also, the text/scroll is pathetic.

If you are worried about losing steering remote controls with an aftermarket HU, you can go for a Connects2 interface with an appropriate patch lead for your brand of aftermarket HU. This is a plug and play kit and you will retain the steering controls. However, you will still not be able to have the Blue and Me working, because that's tied to the stock HU only. The only workaround to that is to have an aftermarket HU with in-built bluetooth capabilities.

But if you are absolutely keen on retaining the stock HU, then you need to go for DSP to improve the sound quality (e.g. Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. or Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2 Interactive signal processor Expand and fine-tune your factory or brand-name stereo system at Crutchfield.com) which will be around 18-20k odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
4. Damping - never got it done on any car before but want to the advantages of it and if in the tight budget of 25K this would be a possibility.
You have an option of NoiseKill in budget damping. Thankfully, Linea is built with solid sheet metal and you would need to damp the front doors only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
5. Amplifier - I can go in for it to get the added thump but would like to know my options and how much would i have to shell out for this, i dont think my budget will get me one. I have heard the Linea HU causes problems with a few amplifiers as they remain in the on position even after switching the car off.
A decent 4 channel amp for your setup (i.e. 2 channels to power components upfront and rear 2 channels bridged to drive the sub) would cost you around 8-10k. Kenwood, JBL, Blaupunkt, Auditor are some good brands at that budget.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 11:52   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: ICE for Linea - help needed

One can do without a Processor, a Decent HLA does the job at 1\4th the price,that said even i am looking forward to ICE my Linea.
Have got following stuff lying with me

Rainbow SLG titans
Kenwood 8404 Amp
JBL Sub in a sealed box.

I will be retaining the stock HU as i dont want to lose Blue and Me
@Nishant gandhi-it is driver oriented,but then arent we in the driver's seat most of the time
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 12:08   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: ICE for Linea - help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
One can do without a Processor, a Decent HLA does the job at 1\4th the price,that said even i am looking forward to ICE my Linea.
Have got following stuff lying with me

Rainbow SLG titans
Kenwood 8404 Amp
JBL Sub in a sealed box.

I will be retaining the stock HU as i dont want to lose Blue and Me
@Nishant gandhi-it is driver oriented,but then arent we in the driver's seat most of the time
@akshay - One can definitely do without DSP but in order to tune the sound and bring out the best from the stock HU, a processor is needed.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 12:23   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default Re: ICE for Linea - help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
I have 2 sets of hertz dsk series compos in my punto and the sound is very good with enough bass. Even i thought the hu is crap but it is not, has enough power to drive those 4 comps with good SQ. There are members who got their fiat twins with amazing setup, search should give you an idea and plan.
I am also planning to go for the Hertz Dieci in front and energy at the rear, have heard them and found those to be of my taste, still i will audition a few more brands. I will retain the HU - no second thoughts about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
What is your exact reason for retaining the stock HU? I personally dont like it because the co-passenger cannot change songs/folder if music is being played through the USB
I dont like my co-passengers fiddling with the songs , and when we are spending so much on the ICE why should others listen to their choices.

The exact reason to retain HU is Blu n Me, there is nothing as good as this thing. The only ones which come close are the Caska etc with the touchscreen as you told me but still Blu n me is a much better thing with one eye on the MID and thumbs on steering fiddling with controls. A new HU with such features will cost 24-25k + with no budget left for speakers.

Quote:
You have an option of NoiseKill in budget damping. Thankfully, Linea is built with solid sheet metal and you would need to damp the front doors only.
Thats good to hear, i will go in for it. As you said, front two doors should be quite enough for now.

Quote:
A decent 4 channel amp for your setup (i.e. 2 channels to power components upfront and rear 2 channels bridged to drive the sub) would cost you around 8-10k. Kenwood, JBL, Blaupunkt, Auditor are some good brands at that budget.
Thanks for your inputs, appreciate it. 8-10 k is within my budget as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
One can do without a Processor, a Decent HLA does the job at 1\4th the price,that said even i am looking forward to ICE my Linea.
Have got following stuff lying with me
Rainbow SLG titans
Kenwood 8404 Amp
JBL Sub in a sealed box.
Mate you have a lot of stuff with you and good one at that , go ahead and get the stuff installed, the stock speakers are horrible.

Quote:
I will be retaining the stock HU as i dont want to lose Blue and Me
@Nishant gandhi-it is driver oriented,but then arent we in the driver's seat most of the time
+1 - the same reason why i wont change HU.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 12:53   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: ICE for Linea - help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I dont like my co-passengers fiddling with the songs , and when we are spending so much on the ICE why should others listen to their choices.
Well that's not what I meant or had in mind. Anyway, that's subjective to each individual. In my case, it irritates me whenever my better half wants to change tracks/folders and has to ask me everytime or reach out to steering (not safe!). Another reason is that if you notice, the driver seat in Linea is positioned in such a way that you have to kind of reach out to change songs/folders on the HU directly. And given the resistive nature of sterring buttons, it doesnt register a 'press' instantly. And when you can have the option of integrating an aftermarket HU with steering buttons, why not do it! Better sound+steering buttons is a killer combo na?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The exact reason to retain HU is Blu n Me, there is nothing as good as this thing. The only ones which come close are the Caska etc with the touchscreen as you told me but still Blu n me is a much better thing with one eye on the MID and thumbs on steering fiddling with controls. A new HU with such features will cost 24-25k + with no budget left for speakers.
I'd like to correct you here. There are tons of HUs better than Caska which have BT capability inbuilt. e.g. I have bought the JVC KDR 926 BT which is priced at 15k and does everything you can possibly imagine/wish for in an aftermarket HU! So you still have 10k left for speakers etc!

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 19th February 2012 at 12:57.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 14:04   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: ICE for Linea - help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
@akshay - One can definitely do without DSP but in order to tune the sound and bring out the best from the stock HU, a processor is needed.
Yeah you are correct but getting a new SQ oriented HU will be a better idea than a Processor-I will be using a Genesis HLA.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 14:11   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: ICE for Linea - help needed

BTW coolboy007 - I hope you know that you can get OEM fascia for installing an aftermarket HU? It costs just Rs 228 and can be bought over the counter at your nearest Tata/Fiat service center. So you dont have to shell out extra bucks and are also able to retain the stock looks of the dash when you change to an aftermarket HU.
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 13:42   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Linea TJet+ ICE suggestions required

After having suffered with the pathetic stock ICE and in the meantime, saving up money; I have finally decided to upgrade it in my Linea TJet+.

The list of equipment finalized and procured till now:
1. Head Unit : JVC KD-R926BT (bought)
2. Subwoofer : Ground Zero MKII (available already from previous ICE)
3. Steering remote interface : Connects2 CTSFA004 (bought)
4. Dash kit (fascia) - bought

Suggestions needed on the following:
1. Front components : I already have a pair of Illusion Electra EL 6.1 from my previous ICE. I absolutely love it's natural sound output. I was infact thinking of installing the same, but then, I'm also considering an upgrade here (if it is truly worth!) so as to derive the best out of the HU.

Budget - upto 10k

2. Rear door coaxials : yet to decide (but I need the budget options as these are just rear fills)

Budget - as cheap as possible!

3. Amplifier : Now here's the tricky part. I'm confused between these 2 options:
a. A powerful 4 channel to drive front comps + sub in bridged mode
OR
b. Utilize my existing Blaupunkt GTA4 MKII for front comps and get a good 2 channel for the sub exclusively

Budget - upto 10k

4. Damping: for front doors only - need suggestions on brand (NoiseKill or Dynamat?)

Please provide your inputs!
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied Soccerfan In-Car Entertainment 45 10th March 2012 21:40
ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE) scarlet.fever In-Car Entertainment 21 23rd September 2009 20:25
Ooty - my first on MY LINEA, probably the first LINEA TO CLIMB famous 36 hairpin bent vinay.pillai Travelogues 56 13th September 2009 21:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks