Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 1st November 2010, 15:49   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

His Swift VDI doesn't need a dash kit. So no need to add dash kit price into the aftermarket stereo cost.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 16:25   #17
BHPian

thanks gurus. I am happy that experts are posting their thoughts. Guys you must be having contacts in maruti / dealers. Can you confirm how is sound quality of the same? i mean for alpine one.
Also let me know suitable speakers for the same.
Anandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 17:08   #18
BHPian

Gurus I would also like to know speaker options (name and price) for my budget matching this HU without amp, but good bass and clarity.

Last edited by Anandg : 1st November 2010 at 17:15.
Old 12th November 2010, 20:30   #19
BHPian

Hi Team,
Kindly assist as I am going to dealer to pick the car tomorrow.
Old 13th November 2010, 09:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Which dealer are you going to? You are unlikely to get good speakers at the dealer. Avoid Pio and Sony. If you find Blaupunkt THc & THx it will be good. If there are other choices, and you are able to post here when you are there, that will be great since we can respond.

Otherwise, postpone the speaker selection to another day.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 00:07   #21
BHPian

Thanks Deralte,
I am going to Bimal in whitefield.
He has pioneer and sony and some low models of Blaupuankt. And of course the Alpine one I showed you in the start of the post.
The the dealer delivery office where they stock the cars and the accessories is almost 32Kms from my place, hence going there again would be difficult once I take the car. If you suggest me whether I should go for Alpine one (nothing like if you accompany me but that would be asking toooo much from you) or some good dealer (name please except Konark) in south bangalore along with name of decent HU and speaker model name.

Thanks
Old 15th November 2010, 10:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

One would think it is wiser to choose a dealer whose service center is close to you. Not much difference in car prices between dealers unless you personally know someone. For south Bangalore Mandovi (Service Center in Wilson Garden and Kanakapura Road) and Sagar (Service Center on Bannerghatta Road) are better choices. They also have a better choice of accessories.

The Alpine should be good. Likely to be better than an OE model which assumes mediocre OE speakers.

Last edited by DerAlte : 15th November 2010 at 10:23.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 10:38   #23
BHPian

@DA I think he is also asking about where he can pick up his speakers. IMHO mandovi is a good option they always have been. I dislike sagar. Shoddy shoddy jobwork and never taken care of my vehicle or ICE (I bought from them)

I work nearby and the TMC guy is also pretty good. Across the street from Konark. He has done the Blau official demo car and I keep seeing it coming in for fixes and changes. However one of them said they have kind of reduced supply of blaupunkt. As Blaupunkt themselves are not keen. Being a Blau fan its saddened me.
There is another guy on Bannerghatta Road his place is just after the sagar service centre on the right side I forget his name. The guy has a flatbed towtruck too.
valhallen.282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 15:57   #24
BHPian

HI @DA and @Val,
Thanks for the updates. Yesterday I went to konark with my friend who wanted a budget system for santro. He installed Pio HU DEH 5090 -- cost 7k and JBL for front and Pioneer 300W for rear(on MDF board). Sorry I do not remember speakers model no but the sound was decent. Though work was slow and shabby but the o/p was good not those high end woofer type. I really need to check this OEM alpine model as this is costly as compared to others in the market.
on OT - please let me know is it advisable to fit the remote locking and reverse parking sensors from bimal(if yes model name please) on my swift? or should I look outside? I do not want to fiddle with car's warranty.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
HI @DA and @Val,
Thanks for the updates. Yesterday I went to konark with my friend who wanted a budget system for santro. He installed Pio HU DEH 5090 -- cost 7k and JBL for front and Pioneer 300W for rear(on MDF board). Sorry I do not remember speakers model no but the sound was decent. Though work was slow and shabby but the o/p was good not those high end woofer type. I really need to check this OEM alpine model as this is costly as compared to others in the market.
on OT - please let me know is it advisable to fit the remote locking and reverse parking sensors from bimal(if yes model name please) on my swift? or should I look outside? I do not want to fiddle with car's warranty.

Thanks in advance.
For rear speakers I suggest JBL or higher. 5090 is a good HU. Regarding central locking, get it fitted from dealer. They got MGA with Suzuki symbol on keys. Works well. Reverse sensor, you can buy from outside or some dealers fit non MGA sensors also.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 17:10   #26
BHPian

Thanks BHP_manic,
The reverse parking sensor I saw outside at konark was autocop pro for Rs 2800/- that has four sensors and a mirror mounted on top of your rear view in front that gives a small LED type display about proximity. It is a good one?
Old 15th November 2010, 17:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Thanks BHP_manic,
The reverse parking sensor I saw outside at konark was autocop pro for Rs 2800/- that has four sensors and a mirror mounted on top of your rear view in front that gives a small LED type display about proximity. It is a good one?
I am using the same kind. But one issue I faced is, as of my mirror placement, the passenger side sun visor can't be fully unfolded. It will hit the mirror. Do check it out before you get it fitted. Other than that, it works pretty well. I have checked the distance, and YES its almost accurate.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 21:53   #28
BHPian

I shall check with Bimal about showing a demo of alpine piece. In case if it in not good I shall go for Pioneer 6050 HU. Members please let me know what would be good and budget combi of speaker (JBL) to go with it for front and rear doors.
Thanks
Old 25th November 2010, 22:48   #29
BHPian

hi members,
I got my car delivered. Now here starts headaches-- as i am still in learning phase for bangalore traffic i am looking for a good ice installer in south bangalore. Please suggest a good and vfm installer.
Tnx
Old 26th November 2010, 00:10   #30
BHPian

I have heard this Alpine HU in one of our customer's Ritz and for generic/basic music needs this is more than enough, but in case you intend to upgrade your ICE in future you better opt for some other brand. Pioneer 6050 UB is a good model, and this will also look aesthetically appealing just like the OEM HUs. You can also check out the JVC KW-416, 616, 816 etc.
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote