Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 14th November 2010, 16:08   #1
Default Info on Rockford Fosgate speakers please!!!

Hi Everyone!!! I have a 2003 Honda City VTEC. After all these years I decided to clean it up and make it look good. Got it painted black and it looks awesome(was pearl silver earlier). I checked on TBHP but a lot of the information is a few years old and I would like to get latest information.
Same with the audio system. You guys wont believe - I still have the Alpine cassette player and speakers. One dealer near Cambridge layout(Bangalore) suggested Rockford Prime speakers(R1652 component for front and coaxial for rear). Is Rockford a good quality mid range system?
Thank you all in advance for your time.
Parn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 10:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Rockford speakers are generally good, but without an audition it is difficult to comment on it's inherent properties. Ask for a comparative audition from the dealer (EVO?) and decide for yourself which make / model (sound signature differs between different models of the same brand) and decide for yourself which one you like.

There are other makes / models also that you could check out - Auditor, JBL, Infinity, Blaupunkt, Hertz, Illusion etc.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 11:25   #3

@ Parn

I have RF speakers installed recently on my Swift (R1652S and R1653). Incidentally, it's from the same dealer (EVO) at Cambridge Layout. I'm quite satisfied with them. But as many Gurus here suggest, leave the decision to your ears. In other words, audition couple of brands and then decide.
torquarius is offline   Reply With Quote