Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 21st March 2011, 14:49   #211
BHPian

Default Re: JBL branded HU? EDIT: GT-X555 & 333 Confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Bingo - in fact, I had to reduce gain settings substantially - guess the difference between 2.5 V and 4 V pre-outs is staggering.

Ragul - the casing broke!? maybe the installation wasn't solid?
No not the HU shell, the casing enclosure provided in Maruti Gypsy is flimsy in the front panel in which the HU fits through to display the front panel .. it comes off if you punch it in or ride a seriously bad road as the weight of the HU is too much for it.

--Ragul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 02:21   #212
abk
BHPian

Default GT-X333 owner's manual & official JBL India website?

Help - Part A:
Can someone please share the link to or post a softcopy of the GT-X333 owner's manual.

Help - Part B:
My interest in buying GT-X333 online had me stumble on this rather strange fact that neither the owner's manual is available on the official JBL india website nor the JBL India official website mentions GT-X333 / GT-X555 head units anywhere

On the contrary both the following websites mention about GT-X333 & offer it for buying online. Both the websites masquerade to have viewers believe they are the official JBL India websites:
  1. Here's the website which is basically Sahil International offering GT-X333 for Rs. 4,990/-
  2. And another here offering GT-X333 for Rs. 3,750/- How reliable is it to buy from this site?

Part B of my post has been discussed in the thread but to me it appears the conclusion was not definite or (if am wrong) jbl.com points to another site when India is chosen. Bit of shame really, I myself being owner of a fantastic set of Harman Kardon home speakers.

Last edited by abk : 28th March 2011 at 02:23.
abk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 04:32   #213
Senior - BHPian

3750 rupees (25% discount) for the JBL X333 sounds too dubious for retail sale.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 12:21   #214
BHPian

Default Re: GT-X333 owner's manual & official JBL India website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
Help - Part A:
Can someone please share the link to or post a softcopy of the GT-X333 owner's manual.

Help - Part B:
My interest in buying GT-X333 online had me stumble on this rather strange fact that neither the owner's manual is available on the official JBL india website nor the JBL India official website mentions GT-X333 / GT-X555 head units anywhere

On the contrary both the following websites mention about GT-X333 & offer it for buying online. Both the websites masquerade to have viewers believe they are the official JBL India websites:
  1. Here's the website which is basically Sahil International offering GT-X333 for Rs. 4,990/-
  2. And another here offering GT-X333 for Rs. 3,750/- How reliable is it to buy from this site?
Part B of my post has been discussed in the thread but to me it appears the conclusion was not definite or (if am wrong) jbl.com points to another site when India is chosen. Bit of shame really, I myself being owner of a fantastic set of Harman Kardon home speakers.

This one is not official? India JBL

OK I got deceived too then. but I did get what looks like an original piece from the local dealer.

But then take a look here: http://www.indiajbl.com/profile.aspx Looks official
HTH

Last edited by Ragul : 28th March 2011 at 12:25.
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 12:31   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
3750 rupees (25% discount) for the JBL X333 sounds too dubious for retail sale.

i got mine for the same cost from jbl distributor directly
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 12:41   #216
BHPian

Would anyone(I'm guessing Sam would be the best bet here) If JBL has a 2 DIN player in the pipeline? Within the six months to a year or so?
I would be looking to upgrade the stock HU of my civic,(speakers first) and If JBL has anything planned in the near future(not necessarily immediate) I would be more than happy/ready to wait
because neither the X333 or X555 will fit in the slot of the stock HU of the civic
raghav.carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 20:53   #217
Senior - BHPian

Which is the nearest lossless format (wav?) that I can play on x333 thru USB or SD card?
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 15:20   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
This one is not official? India JBL
Don't worry. ^^This^^ definitely IS the official site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Quote:
However, do people who buy HUs in the <5k Rs. price-range really care about pre-outs?
Yes they do, I do.
I do too, but i feel like the majority wouldn't even know what a pre-out is.

However, i'm sure they would know that 3 pre-outs is better than 1

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st March 2011 at 17:23.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 17:01   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
i got mine for the same cost from jbl distributor directly
Thats a real good price.
But, if JBL distributors are selling goods @ Dealer Price to retail customers, then the retailers who stock JBL stuff are not gonna be impressed at all.
Old 31st March 2011, 21:54   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Thats a real good price.
But, if JBL distributors are selling goods @ Dealer Price to retail customers, then the retailers who stock JBL stuff are not gonna be impressed at all.
they normally dont encourage retail sales direct from distributor ,such dealing will definitely create conflict of interest in the channel, since i knew the dist thru a common friend could manage some discount . that too after constant pestering . I tired the same with fosgate distributor for buying a sub enclosure , he outrightly rejected billing from his agency instead was willing to help me buy from retail stores with xtra discount passed thru the retailer . The discount was not good enough so am yet to install a sub .
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 02:18   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
they normally dont encourage retail sales direct from distributor ,such dealing will definitely create conflict of interest in the channel, since i knew the dist thru a common friend could manage some discount . that too after constant pestering . I tired the same with fosgate distributor for buying a sub enclosure , he outrightly rejected billing from his agency instead was willing to help me buy from retail stores with xtra discount passed thru the retailer . The discount was not good enough so am yet to install a sub .
OT:
RF sells enclosures?
Old 2nd April 2011, 18:01   #222
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Help - Part A:

Help - Part B:

Just ordered JBL GT-X333 from carplus.in for Rs. 3,750/- Will have to wait & see until the unit is delivered.

Incidentally, since my last post in this thread the site www.jblindia.co.in has gone completely blank
abk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 18:55   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Just ordered JBL GT-X333 from carplus.in for Rs. 3,750/- Will have to wait & see until the unit is delivered.
Oh, I too saw that price on that site. Was surprised quite a bit. Do update on whether you receive a unit, and if it's genuine or not.
anku94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 14:51   #224
BHPian

hi my friend bought a JBL x333, it has an issue , the HU does not recognise a 4 gb sandisc cruzer usb stick with 4gb capacity.
same USB stick play fine in my kenwood HU
also another 8gb usb stick works fine in JBL.
both are fat32.

any ideas?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 16:19   #225
BHPian

Got the JBL GT-X555 installed yesterday for 6500 bucks. Loved the simple and appearance> Is'nt as congested as the other make units.
The CD tilt and feed system stands out in 1DIN systems.
Sunilb is offline   Reply With Quote