Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 3rd July 2011, 13:48   #286
BHPian

Default Re: JBL branded HU? EDIT: GT-X555 & 333 Confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I forgot to post - the ipod USB cable does not work with the 333 HU. I keep getting Aux Error and the ipod Nano becomes unusable. Anybody else getting the same problem or using the usb cable successfully?

-Ragul
Hi,

Oh that's bad luck. Never faced such an issue. I did not go in for JBL due to scarce availability in Visakhapatnam. Put in Pioneer 2190, and the ipod works with no issues.

Did you try the ipod with some other HU? You could also consider using a USB pen drive to play music in the car.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 15:06   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
I finally settled down for privilege motomall on nandanam. He gives with bill and warranty for GT-X555 for 6500 rupees.
Front Speakers: Kicker Front 6.5 inchers for scorpio doors with components and tweeters: 7K
Rear Speakers: Kicker 6 x 9" on boxes behind the last row seats : 7.5K
Boxes: 600 rs each
Overall decent deal. The guy has invested good on customer lounge with ac and all facilities. I liked it
Hey buddy do you drive a Black Scorpio? If yes, I think I have seen you on TTK Road once last week, saw the LTD stickers and your post tells me you have a Scorp. Anyway GP Road is not very professional in terms of installations and the cars looked " Raped & Ripped" during Work-In-Progress stage.Tell us hoe the sound is and what kind of music is best suited for the HU. Cheers and drive safe.
Yamahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 18:45   #288
BHPian

HI Yamahead,
I have a silver scorpio.
The HU is really good paired with the kicker speakers. The 6 x 9" kickers are the best ever seen so far. The cone movement is excellent for the input it receives from the HU and since i have the components and tweeters installed, they go well with the overall setup.
Cheers
Moose
MuzzledMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 09:35   #289
BHPian

Guys , i have a jblx-333, tried my I-Pod cable ( which works like a charm with pioneer HU's ) and it does not work.
I wanted to know if there is an aux-in at the rear of the x-333 ?
there is only 1 aux-in port available at the front AFAIK.
Any jugaad or alternatives to connect the aux cable at the rear.
rajanprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 20:40   #290
Senior - BHPian

I did a reset on my 555 and now I don't get any audio output through speaker. is any setting for it also which got reset or disabled.
gigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 21:02   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
Guys , i have a jblx-333, tried my I-Pod cable ( which works like a charm with pioneer HU's ) and it does not work.
I wanted to know if there is an aux-in at the rear of the x-333 ?
there is only 1 aux-in port available at the front AFAIK.
Any jugaad or alternatives to connect the aux cable at the rear.

I have the same problem with ipod nano and touch 3g. So I use headphone out in to aux-in instead. The ipod device becomes unusable after plugging in the usb cable.

--Ragul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 15:20   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
Quote:
I have the same problem with ipod nano and touch 3g. So I use headphone out in to aux-in instead. The ipod device becomes unusable after plugging in the usb cable.
From what i know, there is a difference between having a USB port, and being "iPod compatible".

The key difference is that some (older) iPods register themselves as "mass storage devices" when plugged in to USB, so its just like plugging in a thumb drive, and will work on any system which takes a USB input.

Other iPods (the touch, and newer gens) do not register as mass storage devices, and therefore will not work on systems that don't specifically have ipod support, even if they have USB ports.

Open to correction here.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 16:14   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
From what i know, there is a difference between having a USB port, and being "iPod compatible".
R
Yep but this HU claims to be iPod compatible. Was it a typo in the manual and were they actually boasting "iPod Incompatible"?

--Ragul
Old 26th July 2011, 16:38   #294
Team-BHP Support

I seem to have missed that.

Does it show this logo anywhere?

Name:  Apple_compatible_logo_ipad_ipod_iphone._V178527693_.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  9.0 KB

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 20:26   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I seem to have missed that.

Does it show this logo anywhere?

Attachment 583256

cya
R
Uh oh ... You may be right! This looks like a case of misleading marketing/sales pitch. JBL GT-X333

--Ragul
Old 26th July 2011, 20:33   #296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Uh oh ... You may be right! This looks like a case of misleading marketing/sales pitch. JBL GT-X333

--Ragul
How is it misleading sales pitch? It says clearly that you can connect ipod from an aux input and does not mention through USB.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 22:29   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
How is it misleading sales pitch? It says clearly that you can connect ipod from an aux input and does not mention through USB.
Oh ok My bad. I must have mixed up some features about another product in my head.

Does anyone have problems with the 333 taking too much time to read list of files when a usb stick is plugged in? Mine takes ages sometimes never finishes read for 10 minutes and I unplug it in frustration.

--Ragul
Old 27th July 2011, 10:01   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone have problems with the 333 taking too much time to read list of files when a usb stick is plugged in? Mine takes ages sometimes never finishes read for 10 minutes and I unplug it in frustration.
Ipod compatibility is a prickly issue. Bass and Trouble, Gunbir or Sam Kapasi can tell you more about this. This issue usually involves charging the ipod via it's 30 pin connector. For reasons best known to Apple they changed the way the later ipods charge and hence some older HUs (even those having the Made for ipod logo that Rehaan posted) will not charge new genration ipods. I have some but not a complete understanding of this so will not elaborate when there are Gurus who know more around.

Simialrly playing music files from an ipod requires that the device be able to read and understand the output from the ipod's 30 pin connector. HUs that can do this can also display the MP3 tags on their display and offer a modicum of control of the ipods fucntions.

The headphone out of the ipod however can drive most mini (EP) Aux in connctions. This connection is the second least acceptable solution (the least acceptable being a FM transmitter) with regrads to pure SQ. This is becasue the signal is being processed by a small amplifier (about a few 100 mW) and also the impedance mismatch between the headphone out (usually 32 ohms) of the ipod and the Aux in (usually 10k ohms) of the HU.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 01:35   #299

Quote:
Oh ok My bad. I must have mixed up some features about another product in my head.

--Ragul
Calling sam and all JBL experts here. guys i have similar error while plugging in pen drives on x555. i tried 3 pen drives but it gave error. even tried putting .mp3 at the end of songs according to the manual. can anyone throw light on this silly error. this is spoiling my mood of otherwise good HU which i recently got installed. pl download and see the video for reference.Download 30072011012.mp4 for free on Filesonic.com
carpassion26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 09:07   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul

--Ragul
I have not faced any issues with the reading time on x-333. I use an 8 gb micro sd card , i do not like the usb stick protuding out. I start the car and switch on the ac after 30 seconds , by that time , a song is already playing on the x-333. You could try formatting your pen drive.
rajanprash is offline   Reply With Quote