Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th August 2011, 13:45   #301
BANNED

Default Re: JBL branded HU? EDIT: GT-X555 & 333 Confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Yep but this HU claims to be iPod compatible. Was it a typo in the manual and were they actually boasting "iPod Incompatible"?

--Ragul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Uh oh ... You may be right! This looks like a case of misleading marketing/sales pitch. JBL GT-X333

--Ragul
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
How is it misleading sales pitch? It says clearly that you can connect ipod from an aux input and does not mention through USB.
I think Sam has also clarified this poin in the begining of this thread. I don't see anything misleading here.

Just found it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
6. Neither model will feature ipod control, in order to promote quality audio at a new piece bracket (that's the USP) - ipods will be played using aux inputs.
BTW what is the current street price of the GT-X333 in Mumbai / Bangalore?

Last edited by Live To Jive : 4th August 2011 at 13:51. Reason: Quoted Sam Kapasi's post
Live To Jive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 16:16   #302
Senior - BHPian

I bought x555 for 4k from opera house area, no bill
gigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:38   #303
Senior - BHPian

I've used x-333 for about 5 months now and pretty disappointed with it.
Issues that I've faced till now:
1. The remote looks very cute but wouldn't work unless I bring it up to the HU level (almost) and point it towards it. It wouldn't even work from the gear knob or steering, it has to be right in front and pointed absolutely towards it.
2. The USB cap came off last month, I'm one of those who handle things with extreme care so this was quite a shock.
3. There isn't a pause button on the remote but when turning the volume up or down or changing tracks the song pauses (as if there's a button hidden) and I have to then play it back from the HU
4. Since last week the button on the HU that is for 'next track >>', when pressed, would change the source of the HU to FM from USB and then I have to again change the source.

These issues (barring the remote one) are intermittent and I'd most likely not be able to demonstrate them to the dealer I bought it from hence don't plan on reporting it to him either (you know how that sound from the car wouldn't come when you are trying to show it to A.S.S guy). Just sharing these in case anybody's faced anything similar.

Another thing, how are the prices so low for these HUs? I bought x-333 for 4500/- and within a month I saw people reporting that x-555 was available for similar price, what exactly happened here?
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 09:56   #304
BHPian

Fine69,
Looks like your remote control battery is nearing end of life. please do change it and see how good it will be.
Do you have bill and warranty?
MuzzledMoose is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 20:25   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Fine69,
Looks like your remote control battery is nearing end of life. please do change it and see how good it will be.
Do you have bill and warranty?
What if I told you that this was ever since I bought it
Yeah I do have the bill and would probably be going to the dealer whenever all this reaches the saturation point, just trying to work it out for now.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:56   #306
BHPian

Every electronic circuit has something called Quiscent current consumption. Even when the remote is not operational, the circuit draws a small amount of current from the battery. The remote control unit might have been manufactured a long time back and might be sitting in the factory shelf for a long time, before you bought it. So because of the quiscent current consumption, the battery might have already been near end of life at the time of your purchase.

Just replace the battery and check the response. if you still have problem, approach the dealer for a replacement.

By the way, I faced the exact same problem and changed the battery, it is working fine eversince, for last 6 months.

Hope this helps.
vidyasagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 15:18   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I've used x-333 for about 5 months now and pretty disappointed with it.
Issues that I've faced till now:

I own the same HU bought in Dec 10 -
Problems i've faced

* Happens rarely faced its 5 times in span of half hour in 1 day , but never again , so when i try to lower the volume level.. instead of going soft it actually goes loud !! & there is nothing i can do to turn it soft , except swift of the system.

* Radio is not clear at all

overall i like the system , got it @ 4k something in dec10.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th September 2011 at 16:36. Reason: Fixing quote
ryan_wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 23:17   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz View Post
I own the same HU bought in Dec 10 -
Problems i've faced

* Happens rarely faced its 5 times in span of half hour in 1 day , but never again , so when i try to lower the volume level.. instead of going soft it actually goes loud !! & there is nothing i can do to turn it soft , except swift of the system.

* Radio is not clear at all

overall i like the system , got it @ 4k something in dec10.
You have mentioned only problems. You still like the system?

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th September 2011 at 16:37. Reason: Fixing quote
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 00:54   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
You have mentioned only problems. You still like the system?
Good things about the HU:
1. Doesn't look as cheap in real as it does in pics on the manufacturer's website
2. 3 4v pre-outs
3. Subwoofer level control

Pt. 2 & 3 is why I bought it in the first place since there wasn't any other HU in the market at this price.

If you're asking that do I like the system as a whole, very much, a rainbow sub, 1004 amp and morel's for comp, duh! Just the HU? Not really. But then, which other HU offers pt. 2 & 3 at this price, none I guess. So its a mixed feeling you see.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th September 2011 at 16:37. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 10th September 2011, 22:54   #310
BHPian

Only if budget is most important factor, go buy this.

I sold my X333 at half price today. Rather I would say I got rid of it within 8 months!

The output of this HU was just so loud without any clarity. Also I was facing problem with hissing noise which completely vanished after I changed HU to Kenwood U6046 today.
Before changing the X333, I replaced the complete speaker wiring suspecting the hissing noise was from wiring. Again tried grounding RCA. Nothing helped. Finally isolated the issue to the HU and just tried one old Pioneer and there was a huge difference. Did not have to think twice, made up my mind to buy a new HU and shortlisted Kenwood KDC-U6046.

Kenwood was double the price, but really worth the money spent.

X333 may be worth for Rs4xxx, but if you have budget, don't ever think about this HU.
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 16:06   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Only if budget is most important factor, go buy this.

I sold my X333 at half price today. Rather I would say I got rid of it within 8 months!

The output of this HU was just so loud without any clarity. Also I was facing problem with hissing noise which completely vanished after I changed HU to Kenwood U6046 today.
Before changing the X333, I replaced the complete speaker wiring suspecting the hissing noise was from wiring. Again tried grounding RCA. Nothing helped. Finally isolated the issue to the HU and just tried one old Pioneer and there was a huge difference. Did not have to think twice, made up my mind to buy a new HU and shortlisted Kenwood KDC-U6046.

X333 may be worth for Rs4xxx, but if you have budget, don't ever think about this HU.
Same story for me as well.I bought it in April. Was facing this hissing noise problem when i added the amp in august. Sent it for repair in August - but no avail and finally after sending it 4 times for repair and 3 months finally got a new piece which i exchanged for some other items.
During these 3 month i ve tested atleast 2-3 X333's and X-555.All of them had this problem, it was just that the magnitude of the hissing noise was less.
I guess it’s a universal problem with X-333 X-555 which JBL should take care of.
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 16:09   #312
BHPian

My Short Review On JBL X-333
Pros
1. Value for Money – Available for Rs.2,900/-
2. Good for those looking for a basic no frills system.
Cons
1. Poor Daylight Visibility
2. No Permanent Clock Display
3. Hissing Noise with Amplifier Noted in Majority of Systems
(The magnitude varies from system to system - 3 out of 5 systems had it)
4. Random settings are not remembered.
Verdict:
JBL X-333 is a decent head unit with great value for money. I bought this thinking that I don’t require a cd player, then why spend an extra 1k for the cd player. I would say, even if you don’t need the cd player you should still go for the Pioneer 149UB (Rs.4,100) or any othr basic non JBL HU.
Buy it only if you are absolutely sure that you won’t connect it to an amplifier or are on tight budget.

Disclaimer: This is purely my point of view and not intended to offend anyone. I am using a variety of JBL products and very satisfied with them. This one was a disaster.

Last edited by k2max6 : 12th November 2011 at 16:11.
k2max6 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 17:47   #313
Senior - BHPian

Snapdeal is running a deal on JBL GTX 333 for Rs 2,699/- Fitting is done at any Reliance Autozone in Bangalore.
Details: Pay Rs 2699 to get a JBL car USB/SD card player with 4V Ė 3 RCA pre-outs, worth Rs 4990 at Reliance Autozone (with free fitment)
msdivy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 18:40   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Did not have to think twice, made up my mind to buy a new HU and shortlisted Kenwood KDC-U6046.

How much did the Kenwood KDC-U6046 cost you & did you compare it with the 7046 or the model below (U546BT) before buying (feature wise)?
AvinashV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 10:15   #315
BHPian

Red face Re: JBL branded HU? EDIT: GT-X555 & 333 Confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
My Short Review On JBL X-333
Pros
1. Value for Money Ė Available for Rs.2,900/-
2. Good for those looking for a basic no frills system.
Cons
1. Poor Daylight Visibility
2. No Permanent Clock Display
3. Hissing Noise with Amplifier Noted in Majority of Systems
(The magnitude varies from system to system - 3 out of 5 systems had it)
4. Random settings are not remembered.
Verdict:
JBL X-333 is a decent head unit with great value for money. I bought this thinking that I donít require a cd player, then why spend an extra 1k for the cd player. I would say, even if you donít need the cd player you should still go for the Pioneer 149UB (Rs.4,100) or any othr basic non JBL HU.
Buy it only if you are absolutely sure that you wonít connect it to an amplifier or are on tight budget.

Disclaimer: This is purely my point of view and not intended to offend anyone. I am using a variety of JBL products and very satisfied with them. This one was a disaster.
So last week I was in opera house mumbai just nex to sahil international the distrubutor of jbl in india , and there i went into a audio shop even though he was next to the sole distrubutor in india he did not recommend jbl x555 which he was selling for 4.1k and was pushing the pioneer 149 cd+usb for the same price with a jvc also cd+usb at that price with BW. Also a base dual din jvc was available at 6.5k.
anky is offline   Reply With Quote