Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th November 2010, 20:31   #1
BHPian

Default Component speaker suggestion for my Baleno

Hi friends,

Got a very well maintained 2005 champaigne colored Baleno in which came with the following ICE setup

Pioneer P7750MP Headunit
JBL CS3196 6x9 3way speakers at rare
Some 4 inch (I think) speakers front

The rare is dominating the front fully to the extent that, initially I thought she didnt come with the front speakers at all.

I would like to replace the front speakers with component speakers and I request you to kindly help me in getting some good components which go well with the other components. My budget is limited to less than 5k and I dont want to replace the HU and rare speakers.

I also have my bro's amp lying at home (sony xplod XM-554 ZR 4/3 channel, 600 watt). Will using that help me in the ICE ??

To give a feel of the kind of songs I listen to, I am a fan of Bryan adams and love his Please forgive me. Some of my other favourite songs are You decorated my heart by Kenny Rogers, I hope you dance by Lee Ann womack etc.
I might buy a sub in the future, bt at present I will be happy to go with just the front components and rare speakers powered by the HU (if possible)

thanks

girish
girishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 10:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

You will need a wee bit more if you want to use the amp - towards installation and cables. I would recommend that you install the amp.

Search for good deals on 6.5" components (mid-bass and tweeter pairs) - Blaupunkt THc/VPc, JBL GT5, Auditor, Bull, Hert Deici, Polk etc. Have the mid-bass mounted on the door (you may need MDF spacers, which any decent installer would have), and the tweeters at the base of A-pillar.

Connect the components to 1 channel pair on the amp, leave the rears on HU and leave the other channel pair on the amp free for connecting a subwoofer (which you will need / get very soon ). Tune the system well, keeping the front components a tad louder than the rear.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 10:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Pioneer P7750MP Headunit
JBL CS3196 6x9 3way speakers at rare
Some 4 inch (I think) speakers front

My budget is limited to less than 5k and I dont want to replace the HU and rare speakers.

I also have my bro's amp lying at home (sony xplod XM-554 ZR 4/3 channel, 600 watt). Will using that help me in the ICE ??
1. The Baleno's front speaker are in the dash - hence the small size
2. If you want to put larger louder speakers in the front of the Baleno you'd have to use the front doors and that means some modiication to the front doors. This will be difficult to do on your budget of 5K.

If the 554 has a HPF set the HPF to about 120Hz and driven the front speakers with 2 channels of the 554. You can leave the other 2 channels for now or choose to use them for your rear speaker fullrange (no need for hPF or LPF for the rear speakers).
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 10:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Staying on this topic, I am changing my car (Marina) with my Dad's Baleno. I shall be removing the Amp from the Indigo but will let the JBL components be. Now, the baleno has 4" speakers on the front door and 6X9 in the rear. I shall be using my present JVC Giga DVD player in the baleno while the Baleno's stock kenwood unit goes into the Marina. Can you suggest how to connect the amp and the settings please? I dont listen to loud music but basically country and at times like to pump it up for Shiela Ki Jawani.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 11:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Most certainly you should put 6.5" components on the doors, otherwise being used to the JBLs in the Marina, you will feel like jumping out with what the 4" speakers will give.

When you transplant the JVC HU to the Baleno, you will not need to change any settings - should be a straightforward switch.

Connect the amp the way it was connected in the Marina - front components on 1 pair of channels, the rear speakers to the other. If you add a sub at anytime, shift the rear 6x9 to the HU and connect the sub across the freed up channels bridged. If it is an already tuned amp, you will possibly not need to change anything to start with. Later, you can slightly change the tuning if you feel it is too loud in the Baleno.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 13:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ok but in case I let the 6.5 compos stay back in the Marina as 6.5" would not fit into stock location in the Baleno, I should just power the rear 6X9 from the amp and the front 4" from the HU, right?
Old 1st December 2010, 03:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have 6.5 Inches JBL GTO components in my Baleno and I dont remember doing any mods to install them in the stock location
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 18:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I have 6.5 Inches JBL GTO components in my Baleno and I dont remember doing any mods to install them in the stock location
can't be in dash, baleno has no provision. to fit in door, no mods required, a mounting ring would do. but the grill covering it is meant for 5.25".
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
can't be in dash, baleno has no provision. to fit in door, no mods required, a mounting ring would do. but the grill covering it is meant for 5.25".
They are installed in front doors.
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Wont that require cutting the grill? Strange. Any pictures, mate? Or I shall try to open the door pad and check it out.
Old 7th December 2010, 01:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Wont that require cutting the grill? Strange. Any pictures, mate? Or I shall try to open the door pad and check it out.
Cutting the grill is not required. maybe some minor mod on the door pad? I did not have any problem at all and the installation went on smoothly.
Old 19th November 2014, 04:25   #12
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Component speaker suggestion for my Baleno

Hi Guys,

I am looking to replace the OE Blaupunkt system in my Baleno with a new one. The OE one is just a CD/FM player and has no provision for Aux/Bluetooth/Pen-Drive.

My budget is around 15k and preference is 1. Clarity, 2. Loud and 3. Good bass. I found some good deals on Snapdeal, but am really confused and need some advise.

Option 1 : This option covers everything - HU, front/rear speakers, amplifier and a sub-woofer.
Name:  Combo_of_Sony_CDX_Xplod_SDL769745778_1_3d10534869.jpg
Views: 1719
Size:  65.1 KB
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/comb...bo%20of%20sony

Option 2
Rear Speakers : JBL - GTO 949
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-...umbLabelId:311
Cost : 4176

Front Speakers : JBL - CS 6
Cost : 1937

Sub-woofer : JBL - GTX 1150W - 12'' Subwoofer
Cost : 3355

That leaves me with just 6k for a HU. What HU will be good enough to match these JBL speakers / subs.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 11:01   #13
BHPian

Hello Sir.

Out of these 2 options, I would say go with JBL.
With a budget of 6K, you can get a decent Pioneer single din HU with USB, CD, AUX, Tuner.
But the subwoofer would require an amp. So you might want to include that to your list as well.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 12:25   #14
BHPian

Looking at your preference 1. Clarity, 2. Loud and 3. Good bass you will definitely need a good amplifier to support all this. Plan it out in stages if you do not want to stretch your budget by much which you will definitely do.

Or you can get a pioneer player sony amplifier with JBL Speakers and JBL sub if you are very concerned about the budget.
sheldon4888 is offline   Reply With Quote