Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:27   #1
BHPian
 
scorpio_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 70 Times
Default ICEing my White Scorpio

Dear All,
I took the delivery of my Scoprio on 1st December 2010 and directly drove to EVO to fix the music system . Please see the details below.

HU : Kenwood MP5343U
Front : Kicker Components
Rear : 4Inch Memphis speakers
Amp : Boston 2 channel Amp - powering sub
Sub : Memphis 10inch

I fixed the rear spekers in the place provided by factory, so no metal cutting was required. That was the reason I opted a sub so that the bass will be good enough. Sathya's people have done a tremendous job and I am completely happy with the setup. Please see some snaps i clicked during the install.

Attachment 463188

Name:  DSC01888.JPG
Views: 4647
Size:  193.1 KB

ICEing my White Scorpio-dsc01889.jpg

ICEing my White Scorpio-dsc01890.jpg

ICEing my White Scorpio-dsc01891.jpg

ICEing my White Scorpio-dsc01893.jpg

ICEing my White Scorpio-dsc01895.jpg

ICEing my White Scorpio-dsc01896.jpg

ICEing my White Scorpio-dsc01899.jpg

ICEing my White Scorpio-dsc01900.jpg

The sound quality is superb, thanks to Sathya and EVO! Finally another happy customer from EVO (ofcourse became bankrupt )

Regards,
Scorpio Fan (Now an owner too)
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:17   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
TaureanBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 311 Times
Default

Very nice indeed. I think yours is a LX model so no concerns regarding the VAS and stereo controls.

I really liked the fitting in the factory provided slots. I also dont prefer my vehicle being cut up.

What it took you to go bankrupt?
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:44   #3
BHPian
 
scorpio_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Very nice indeed. I think yours is a LX model so no concerns regarding the VAS and stereo controls.

I really liked the fitting in the factory provided slots. I also dont prefer my vehicle being cut up.

What it took you to go bankrupt?
No it is not LX but SLE. It has VAS and it is working too. There is a small issue that once the VAS gets activated, the HU goes to protect mode. For this Satya has a fix and i have to visit him once more. Currently I make sure that the VAS is not getting activated (by wearing seatbelts and removing handbreaks etc). Even if it goes to protect mode, i just need to reset it.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:30   #4
BHPian
 
menonrajesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 210
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Dear All,
I took the delivery of my Scoprio on 1st December 2010 and directly drove to EVO to fix the music system . Please see the details below.

HU : Kenwood MP5343U
Front : Kicker Components
Rear : 4Inch Memphis speakers
Amp : Boston 2 channel Amp - powering sub
Sub : Memphis 10inch


Regards,
Scorpio Fan (Now an owner too)
Vijay, is that you? (Sorry, if not)
Looks an awesome setup! Looking forward to getting a taste of it soon
menonrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:57   #5
BHPian
 
scorpio_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
Vijay, is that you? (Sorry, if not)
Looks an awesome setup! Looking forward to getting a taste of it soon
You got it right . Thanks for the wishes and you are welcome anytime.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:05   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: KA 53/KL 9
Posts: 262
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Viju,

PICS first! Congrats!!!

Now I have to come tomorrow for sure

Narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:12   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,971
Thanked: 1,745 Times
Default

Hi,
I m no music buff but going by what the others have said, it must be a very good setup. A few questions:

The front speakers are on the door which means that the existing mesh is of no use now, right?

What is the size of the rear speakers?

I believe that since yours is an LX model, there is no VMS. Am I right?

Can you share the break up cost of the entire setup pl. You can PM me if you dont want to share it publicly.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:55   #8
BHPian
 
scorpio_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi,
I m no music buff but going by what the others have said, it must be a very good setup. A few questions:

The front speakers are on the door which means that the existing mesh is of no use now, right?

What is the size of the rear speakers?

I believe that since yours is an LX model, there is no VMS. Am I right?

Can you share the break up cost of the entire setup pl. You can PM me if you dont want to share it publicly.
1) No the front speakers fit to the mesh and i have used it.
2) Rear speakers are 4 inch
3) Mine is a SLE model and it has VMS. IT works with the existing setup too.
4) I will PM you the price details
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Viju,

PICS first! Congrats!!!

Now I have to come tomorrow for sure

Narayanang76
You are always welcome! I will soon start ownership thread too wand will post the other pics.

Last edited by scorpio_fan : 3rd December 2010 at 21:56.
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 12:10   #9
BHPian
 
vraghuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 116
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Hello Vijay,

Welcome to TBHP , Looks like a kool setup , hope to hear it soon, please let me know when i can hear this... recently i too ICE'd my Scorp , you can find the thread a little below your thread....hope you enjoy it..

Raghu..

Last edited by vraghuz : 4th December 2010 at 12:17.
vraghuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 23:38   #10
BHPian
 
scorpio_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Hello Vijay,

Welcome to TBHP , Looks like a kool setup , hope to hear it soon, please let me know when i can hear this... recently i too ICE'd my Scorp , you can find the thread a little below your thread....hope you enjoy it..

Raghu..
Hi Raghu,
I have seen your thread much before and your setup is awsome. My setup is a humble one compared to yours

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 18:08   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: ICEing my White Scorpio

congrats on this setup, can you let me know the cost for mounting the speakers at the rear, just curious
diwakarmuthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 23:43   #12
BHPian
 
scorpio_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: ICEing my White Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
congrats on this setup, can you let me know the cost for mounting the speakers at the rear, just curious
Hi Diwakar,
In the rear top, the company has provided the option to fix speakers. But the space is small and only 4 inch speaker can be fixed. There was no additional cost for fixing the speakers.

Scorpio Fan
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 13:14   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default Re: ICEing my White Scorpio

Congrats Scorpio Fan, your ride and the ICE look really good. Just curious to know why you selected only a single din unit. I guess scorpio allows double din HU's, right? May have added to the bling factor.
vivekparmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 20:06   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nuremberg,Germany
Posts: 62
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: ICEing my White Scorpio

Congrats Scorpio_fan, the ICE setup is neat and nice.
I am also looking to install ICE in my Scopio SLE, I bought in April this year. I did not install ICE as I did not get time when I was in India. I will be visiting India in 1-2 months. So planning to do this time.
Could some one give the size of the speakers that can be fit without cutting metal.
what is the max size of the speaker which can be fitted for
Front doors
rear door
in the roof near the rear tail gate door.
I would like buy the speakers ,HU and woofer here in Germany so that I get more time and more brands in selecting.
shivapsreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 20:21   #15
BHPian
 
fiesta_21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: ICEing my White Scorpio

Hey there scorpio fan,Nice install there.Can u please provide the separate cost spiltup.How much power does the amp generate?
fiesta_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICEing Up Getz Prime k10 In-Car Entertainment 17 16th October 2008 14:50
vRs ICEING - Badly Need Help abhinav.gupta88 In-Car Entertainment 117 7th October 2008 13:50
i10 ICEing help biggy In-Car Entertainment 3 28th August 2008 21:37
ICEing the Magnum mshooli In-Car Entertainment 64 18th August 2008 13:21
ICEing Baleno.. pl jump in to help Merlin In-Car Entertainment 17 30th November 2007 13:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks