Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd December 2005, 17:10   #1
BHPian

Default Which audio system for Innova?

Hi

I will take delivery of my Innova G2 diesel next week. Can the experts help me:

- What are the OEM speakers that come pre-installed with Innova? Which model and what are the specs?
- Is it recommended to change this set up?
- There is no OEM HU pre-installed. What would be a good recommendation in 15-20,000 budget? Am finicky of my lows and highs (listen mainly to classic rock but also lots of other stuff like good hindi and also hindustani classical). Pureness of sound is much more important to me than useless boomy bass/noise/volume. On further reflection, I wonder if it would be nice to have a DVD HU in one shot. Any recommendations?
- I have lived without a sub woofer in my Blaupunkt set up in my Palio and am fairly happy. Can I get away here too?
Thanks
Manish
manishk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 17:22   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well im not that sure about the OE setup coming out of the toyota showrooms..but judging by the fact that the other manufacturers do give a crappy setup at exhorbitant prices id say go in for a setup as an aftermarket option..

well 20k for a setup sounds quite good enough but considering the fact that its a innova id say its tough..

1. HU poineer 5750 at 7k..
2. front components preferably from alpine/hertz/JBL/blaupunkt at 5k..
3. rear 6x9's again from the above said companies only at 3k..stay awat from pio and sony speakers as they are only boomy without any clarity..
4. a good 4ch amp either from alpine or pioneer at 7.5k
budget is slightly overshot but worth it nonetheless..

due to the larger in-cabin space of the innova im not to sure how effectively would be transmitted and what are the OE spots for the speakers unless one of the owners can come fwd and let us know..as for as the DVD HU is concerned better to stay away from it if the car is self driven,the last thing u need is such distractions while driving..and to that ud need a screen to thus overshooting ur budget by a long long margin..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 17:29   #3
Team-BHP Support

mclaren which alpine amp for 7.5K? the smallest amp i've seen is the 240 for 11k. I think the JBL 60.4 is available for 8.5K, the Blaupunkt 480 and the Pioneer 6100 for 7.5K. Choose between these 3. I'd go for the JBL based on my exp. with the 50.4 and the fact that you wont be driving a sub.

hertz and alpine speakers are a bit expensive for this budget. JBL and Blaupunkt are about right.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
as for as the DVD HU is concerned better to stay away from it if the car is self driven,the last thing u need is such distractions while driving..and to that ud need a screen to thus overshooting ur budget by a long long margin..
mc is absolutely right...........Few days back one of my friend's uncle had an accident with tractor-trolly on Jal-LDH highway as he had installed alpine in-dash DVD in his qualis.He just looked at monitor for few seconds and in meantime tractor appeared on road from nowhere.But his uncle survived with non fatal head injury and few fractures.But vehicle got totally damaged.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 19:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk13
What are the OEM speakers that come pre-installed with Innova? Which model and what are the specs?
Hi... you can search team bhp for the 'innova install' thread for more ideas for your innova. Here is a pic of the OE speaker (Left in picture) which is made in Thailand, pretty average OE speaker... if you intend replacing these with Sony/Boss speakers... dont even bother.

If you plan on replacing these with some quality products, go right ahead. The key thing here is the Innova has massive internal volume. You should at least go for an amp + front + rear speakers.

gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 20:03   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
. I'd go for the JBL based on my exp. with the 50.4 and the fact that you wont be driving a sub.
Navin the cs60.4 drives a 12" woofer with ease. The power is higher and toleration is more. it sounds superb with woofers and speakers (2+1) (for the price)

AND it does NOT cut off at all.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 23rd December 2005 at 20:05.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 21:41   #7
Team-BHP Support

toleration? :-) tolerance? in reality what you are saying is the PS is not as tightly regulated. :-)

...and when i come back to mumbai i'd love to hear the 60.4 vs my alpine 340. not that i am in the market; just for knowledge.
Old 24th December 2005, 09:19   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir

see teh originals magnet !

At 20k and DVD hu? nope, DVD HU's are pricey. You can opt for VCD HU with rear headrest screens ( 9k + 5k*2 = 19k for HU + 2 screens min)

Last edited by jkdas : 24th December 2005 at 09:33.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2005, 07:45   #9
Team-BHP Support

i'm told most CD HU's can be modified to use VCD's for 1000-2000.
Old 25th December 2005, 10:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
i'm told most CD HU's can be modified to use VCD's for 1000-2000.
Must be true.I know a chip is available which could modify home audio system to mp3/vcd system.4 yrs back its price was 1700 rs.

I wanted to ask same question few days about HU.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote