Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 22nd February 2013, 13:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: ICE Setup for Ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiez0ne View Post
... Since usually it's me driving alone, I am looking for a good rear speaker with some decent bass, ...
Is this choice of speakers good for the given price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
1. Yes,the speakers you have selected are good and the best one could get in that budget. ...
@debbiez0ne, if you are driving alone, the FRONT should be a better set of speakers than the rear. You seem to be setting a limit first and then looking for speakers - not a good policy.

1. A decent set of 6.5" components for the front, as opposed to coaxes (the ones you have selected are nowhere near component output), would cost you 5-6K (street, not MRP)

2. JBL speakers are just ONE of the options you have in this range. There are many others available - Infinity, Polk, Auditor, Morel, etc. to name a few

3. The right way is to first listen to the speakers in a car (audition) and then decide which ones you like - you will like some, and hate some. Use your own ears (and what is in between) to decide, rather than brand popularity. Otherwise, you will spend money (any money is not small amount) and later regret what you bought. If you ask for an audition and the dealer doesn't - move on to the next shop, they are not worth buying from. If you audition, there is no obligation to buy

4. JBL 6x9s should cost ~3.5K (I think you have mentioned MRP)

5. The MDF parcel shelf would be 600-700. If someone is asking higher, they are not necessarily supplying better stuff. They don't make them anyhow - it is bulk manufactured

6. A decent installer would have the 'harness adapter' for Ritz - this avoids cutting the harness to connect the HU
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 14:35   #17

Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Ritz

Thank you for the prompt-est reply I could ever imagine ! This particular shop (mentioned below) where I have checked the said details, also recommended CS 6C (JBL)for the front. These are comps as opposed to my earlier choice of coaxes. Will this be a better choice over the CS 6 speakers ?
Can I trust Relaince autozone (opp HSR flyover) for the installation or could you recommend any better place for the installation, specially in and around Koramangala & HSR ?

Again, thank you in advance for any suggestion/recomendation !
debbiez0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 12:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiez0ne View Post
... around Koramangala & HSR ? ...
Reliance Autozone is good if you know what you want, otherwise they (their installers) are just as bad as any other auto accessories shop. You need to stand around and watch what they are doing, especially unnecessary cutting and 'spare parts' left after installation.

In Koramangala you have Thouqueer (Auto Fusion, near Koramangala Club) and Anwar (Top Gear on JNC road) - they are the best in the business. There is also Sachin's Auto Shop in the lane behind Bosch.

Last edited by DerAlte : 26th February 2013 at 12:53.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 21:35   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Sir, I have searched the thread but the latest post about ICIng a Ritz is in 2011. Since there is a new gadget every second in the electronics world, I thought of popping the question once more.

I need advice as to which system I can install in my car.

I am totally 'zero' in this subject. Although I have read the thread by Navin, just have some idea about the terms, HU, Coaxial speakers, Components etc.

Details:

I have a Ritz LDI.

I want USB input system since that will be my main input mode.

I listen to almost anything - Kishore Kumar, Mohd Rafi, Beetles, Beegees, Meat Loaf, MJ etc etc. That is, to music which makes my feet tap, which makes my eyes moist and which makes me stop the car aside and get into a thought process.

But I dont intend to give free entertainment to the people in my neighboring car or the pedestrians.

My budget is 15K-20K max.

Also I dont want to reduce my boot space.

What ever is suggested here, including brand, model, I am going to just get it installed.

I can not keep this empty for much longer. Hence what goes here?

ICE upgrade : Maruti Ritz-dsc02037.jpg

Front Door

ICE upgrade : Maruti Ritz-dsc02039.jpg

Back Door

ICE upgrade : Maruti Ritz-dsc02038.jpg

I am not sure what is this at the two ends of the Dash- just over the AC outlet. Is this also related to the ICE system?

ICE upgrade : Maruti Ritz-dsc02051.jpg
Vihari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 10:55   #20
BHPian

Default Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari
I want USB input system since that will be my main input mode.
and which makes me stop the car aside and get into a thought process.

My budget is 15K-20K max.
Welcome to the audio forum Mate !! Wanted to popin as i was in same shoes couple of months ago

Go for a set of Comps at the front and coaxes at the rear.

If you can go for a double din you can get them all in ur budget.
If you can settle for a 1-din you can push in an Amplifier as well which will enhance your overall system by increasing SQ.

I am not an audio guru but my below setup can give u a lameman idea of how my set up feels like

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post3155963

Since you are from Hyd i can suggest you a couple of places as well for getting it ICED up.

Quote:
I am not sure what is this at the two ends of the Dash- just over the AC outlet. Is this also related to the ICE system?
This are vents for defogging the windshields nothing to do with ICE.

However TBHP's ever said USP " Listen before you choose" . So you can get in touch with the fellow bhpians and check their Sound systems and also to make sure you audition a couple of configurations at the installer before you give a final go.

Last edited by Pheonix : 1st August 2013 at 10:56.
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 11:12   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
... Ritz LDI.
I want USB input system since that will be my main input mode. ...
* Select the HU first. There are a lot of choices - Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Blaupunkt etc. All of them come with USB input now.

- A 1DIN HU (one that will occupy the top slot in the console, leaving the tray intact) will cost 4-12K depending on features. The ones without a CD/DVD drive will cost lesser, the ones with BT a bit more

- A 2DIN HU (one that will occupy both slots in the console) will cost 9-40K. The ones that don't have a touchscreen cost 9-12K. The cheapest touchscreen HU is a Sony at 14K. HUs with Navigation (or at least an interface for Navigation add-on) cost more

- Go to a Reliance Autozone and browse the units available

* Audition some 6.5" components for the front locations. JBL / Infinity / Polk / Auditor / Bull etc. have models which are in the 5-6K range. Reliance doesn't have a good range in components - maybe 1 or 2 JBL models, and really forgettable Pioneer / Sony components. Don't be in a hurry - hunt around

* If you are buying a 1DIN HU, you will have plenty of budget left over for an MDF parcel shelf (replacing the OE parcel shelf) and a pair of 6x9 coaxials on it. With a 2DIN HU your budget may need to be stretched. Again, JBL / Infinity / Polk / Auditor / Bull etc. - ~4K. This would give a decent feeling of bass without a subwoofer - audition them first before deciding

Quote:
... I am not sure what is this at the two ends of the Dash- just over the AC outlet. Is this also related to the ICE system? ...
No clue - the grill is odd. What is the size of the opening?
Old 1st August 2013, 16:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
- Go to a Reliance Autozone and browse the units available

* Audition some 6.5" components for the front locations. Don't be in a hurry - hunt around
Sir, Thank you for the input. I will be on the job as directed.

Quote:
* If you are buying a 1DIN HU, you will have plenty of budget left over for an MDF parcel shelf (replacing the OE parcel shelf) and a pair of 6x9 coaxials on it.
Sir, I personally dont have any Idea whether there is any advantage of having a 2 DIN instead of 1 DIN HU. (I presume so only because 2 > 1). Hence if with 1 DIN HU, if I am not missing much when compared to 2 DIN and if we can have a good sound quality then I may as well go for 1 DIN.

Right now I do not have even the parcel shelf. If i go for an MDF pacel shelf, the space in the boot may be reduced. I use the boot space a lot, for suit cases and bags of the continuous que of 'incoming-outgoing' relatives - you know, the usual job of picking up and dropping to Railway stations and airports!

Also can I presume that having speakers on a MDF shelf is for a better sound for the rear passengers OR is it for the over all Sound Quality?

As I have already declared, I am a ZERO in this subject and hence my questions themselves may not be correct. Please bear with me.

- Sai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Since you are from Hyd i can suggest you a couple of places as well for getting it ICED up.

So you can get in touch with the fellow bhpians and check their Sound systems and also to make sure you audition a couple of configurations at the installer before you give a final go.
Thank you Pheonix. Read the thread quoted by you. I will be so Happy to get suggestions for places for ICE, in Hyderabad. Any way, is there any chance of meeting you on Saturday in the haleem meet? If not I will come to any place suggested by you to meet you so that I will have an opportunity to experience your ICE system in your Swifty. Will definitely require you help for getting my Ritz, ICED.

- Sai
Vihari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 16:25   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... whether there is any advantage of having a 2 DIN instead of 1 DIN HU. ... if we can have a good sound quality then I may as well go for 1 DIN. ...
Looks, better display and ease of use (touchscreen). If you can do without, 1DIN is good enough.

Quote:
... Right now I do not have even the parcel shelf. If i go for an MDF pacel shelf, the space in the boot may be reduced. ...
No, it doesn't reduce boot space. Also, it is not fixed in place, so you can swing it up if there is something tall to be kept in the boot.

Quote:
... Also can I presume that having speakers on a MDF shelf is for a better sound for the rear passengers OR is it for the over all Sound Quality? ...
Overall sound quality
Old 17th September 2013, 11:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari
Thank you Pheonix. Read the thread quoted by you. I will be so Happy to get suggestions for places for ICE, in Hyderabad.

- Sai
Hi Sai , Ah .terribly sorry for my late reply. I had been away since couple of weeks on some office work ! Hope you might have had your Ritz ICED by now. Would love to know your set up !
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 00:10   #25
BHPian

My Ritz Vxi is also expected in 20 days.
Meanwhile I am searching for a good audio set-up.
I am not a fan of loud music, but like clear music with slight inclination towards base than trebble.

On the HU side, I want a 2-din touch screen system which supports attaching a parking camera if I plan in future. Also if my nokia phone's navigation could be integrated into the HU, nothing like that.

Audio experts please suggest?
automobilophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:48   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automobilophile View Post
I am not a fan of loud music, but like clear music with slight inclination towards base than trebble.
* Get 6.5" components for the front . This would be a pair of 6.5" mid-bass (which go into the door) and tweeters. Mount the tweeters preferably on the sail panel - inside the ORVM mounting. A decent pair of components would be around 6K - Infinity, JBL, Auditor, Hertz, Bull, Boston etc.

* Get a pair of 6x9 coaxials in the rear, preferably of the same brand. This will give you some bass (not comparable to a subwoofer, but pretty decent if you don't want a sub). Replace the OE fibre parcel shelf with an MDF parcel shelf to mount these

* You have already written about the HU. For that please look at the India websites of Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC etc. Select models with features you want, note down the MRP - and then search in the local market. You could also look on Snapdeal to get an idea of prices. Make sure you go through the details of the models so that you are not disappointed later. The HU would be anything from 14K onwards depending on features

* An amplifier driving the speakers would be really good, but you have to look at your budget whether you want to put it now or later. A 4-channel amp would cost you around 6K + a bit for cables and wiring

* Last but not the least - a subwoofer. It is a personal choice, though if you hear a good system in someone's car you are likely to feel it's absence like salt in food. The same amp as above should be able to drive a sub, with the front components on the amp but the rear coaxes on the HU internal amp

Quote:
... On the HU side, I want a 2-din touch screen system which supports attaching a parking camera if I plan in future. ...
Most of the models today have this facility (rear Composite Video input for connecting camera + input for autoswitching on reverse) - but please make sure it is present in the model(s) you like by reading the manual of the model on the net.

Quote:
... Also if my nokia phone's navigation could be integrated into the HU, nothing like that. ...
No, that is not supported. HUs with navigation is what you would have to get, or an attachment that adds navigation separately to the HU. Phone based navigation is possible only with a few HUs, and is limited to iPhones and Android devices (these HUs run a program which mimics the phone screen)
Old 3rd October 2013, 00:17   #27
BHPian

Quote:
* Get 6.5" components for the front . This would be a pair of 6.5" mid-bass (which go into the door) and tweeters. Mount the tweeters preferably on the sail panel - inside the ORVM mounting. A decent pair of components would be around 6K - Infinity, JBL, Auditor, Hertz, Bull, Boston etc.

* Get a pair of 6x9 coaxials in the rear, preferably of the same brand. This will give you some bass (not comparable to a subwoofer, but pretty decent if you don't want a sub). Replace the OE fibre parcel shelf with an MDF parcel shelf to mount these

* You have already written about the HU. For that please look at the India websites of Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC etc. Select models with features you want, note down the MRP - and then search in the local market. You could also look on Snapdeal to get an idea of prices. Make sure you go through the details of the models so that you are not disappointed later. The HU would be anything from 14K onwards depending on features

* An amplifier driving the speakers would be really good, but you have to look at your budget whether you want to put it now or later. A 4-channel amp would cost you around 6K + a bit for cables and wiring

* Last but not the least - a subwoofer. It is a personal choice, though if you hear a good system in someone's car you are likely to feel it's absence like salt in food. The same amp as above should be able to drive a sub, with the front components on the amp but the rear coaxes on the HU internal amp

Most of the models today have this facility (rear Composite Video input for connecting camera + input for autoswitching on reverse) - but please make sure it is present in the model(s) you like by reading the manual of the model on the net.

No, that is not supported. HUs with navigation is what you would have to get, or an attachment that adds navigation separately to the HU. Phone based navigation is possible only with a few HUs, and is limited to iPhones and Android devices (these HUs run a program which mimics the phone screen)
Thanks for your inputs. Will help me a lot.
In addition, if possible could you please refer me some good place in bangalore to integrate this system and probably purchase also.
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:39   #28
BHPian

Quote:

On the HU side, I want a 2-din touch screen system which supports attaching a parking camera if I plan in future. Also if my nokia phone's navigation could be integrated into the HU, nothing like that.

Audio experts please suggest?
For touchscreen headunit , there are two vfm units.
One is jvc av70bt for 22k.
Pioneer 8490bt for 24k. Both hav appmode.

For front speakers ,
There are
Kenwood comps - 5.5k
Bull audio comps .- 6.5k
Infinity ref - 5k
Kicker - 5.5k

If u hav budget , go for
Rainbow dreamline - 14k
Precision power - 20k
Gladen rs line 17k

As you love sq, skip the rear speakers.

Get a four channel amp
Kenwood 846 - 6k
DD C4C - 12k
Mosconi one - 28K

Subwoofer u can check
Budget options like infinity ref - 4k , kappa - 8k , rainbow - 8k or hat imagine - 16k .

For budget setup , go with
Jvc 70bt - 22k
Kenwood 846 - 6k
Front comps - Kenwood 6k
Sub - infinity reference - 4k
Install , wiring , enclosure ,damping - 7k
Total - 45k.
SolidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 23:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
Get a four channel amp
Kenwood 846 - 6k
DD C4C - 12k
Mosconi one - 28K

Subwoofer u can check
Budget options like infinity ref - 4k , kappa - 8k , rainbow - 8k or hat imagine - 16k .

Cant the amp and subwoofer be supplemented by better speakers at rear and front? I dont generally play music at loud volume, but rather play at medium volume. What is more important for me is the fidelity (accurate reproduction of sounds from different frequency spectrum) of the system and not its power output.

Is it possible?

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th October 2013 at 06:17. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 4th October 2013, 13:47   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... please refer me some good place in bangalore to integrate this system and probably purchase also.
- Thouqeer at Auto Fusion, near Koramangala Club
- Anwar at Top Gear, JNC road in Koramangala
- Satya at EVO, opposite Ranka Apartments in Cambridge Layout