Octavia 13 12.87%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 3rd January 2006, 15:21   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Ya the eyeballer crossed a little over 147dB
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:34   #47
Team-BHP Support

Sam, doesn't the Octavia suit your requirements to the "T".
- Hatchback
- Roomy space for all your "stuff"
- Not too large inside
- Solid build so that means less rattles
- RS has great performance stock itself
- Great looker already
- Get a load of add-on visual accessories here for the Octi.

What's holding you back?
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

Now this is a very frank,serious,stupid,humble opinion.
Sam,you want to show off your system and you need a lot of place to fit all your amps and subs and stuff so why not use a tata 207(dumb i know but read on!!).It looks ugly in stock form but i remember seeing the one done up by DC to look like a dodge ram.That was on helluva eyecatcher!!!.Just imagine...metallic black,xenon lamps,free flow(sounded pretty good for a diesel).The cargo bay(call it wat u like)will carry upto 5 tonnes and you get enough space for all you components it wont rattle too!!.I read its comin in a 4x4 version.The 207 will handle 18 even 19'' rims.Get hydraulics to lift the cargo bay thingy and you heve a head turner!!A proper kit,good damping maybe vertical doors;come on you have all the resources....arush,psycho,ananth(for those engineerin queries)navin,sam,Rudra sir(for 1 hulluva photoshoot)mclaren,jb,gunbir,viper.Though you might not need the other ice gurus;you want this to be a t-bhp car!!!
Think about it,everyone is gonna be using the cars you mentioned the corsa is being used by rockford fosgate,lightening audio has a skoda and a xing,polk has a palio and a xing too.Not very long before someone does a swift.Think out of the box.Also you can get a 207 for the price of a swift.Hope this is of some use .

binz
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:44   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

frankly speaking i quite like binz idea , we bangy boys had a similar thought as well some days back .. Also one can look at the baleno altura or such station wagons also sam ..

RS can also be a strong contender .. Sam out of the box ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd January 2006 at 15:45.
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:46   #50
Senior - BHPian

150 db + ... hmmm ( here is an interesting link http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010406.html ) looking at it I think you really need a reinforced car so that we dont see the panels / glasses flying off, but at the same time will the Hatchbacks hold to that kinda pressures??? (sorry but as I am no ICE guy)
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Dekho uncle, end of the day you are the boss, so if you are leaning to the Swift, Swift it is!

Swift can be blinged up no end, alright. That's never an issue, and with your budget constraints, I bet it will put a few Escalades to shame. All I want is a drive in it...
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:59   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Dekho uncle, end of the day you are the boss, so if you are leaning to the Swift, Swift it is!

Swift can be blinged up no end, alright. That's never an issue, and with your budget constraints, I bet it will put a few Escalades to shame. All I want is a drive in it...
hehe.. look sam .. U have joined the uncle gang along with samurai,psycho and rudra ..

oye v1p3r get in line ... Im the 1st in town to get the car .. Kya bolta sam ...
Old 3rd January 2006, 16:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Sorry boss, this time I'm first around. Last time it was you, this time me. Fair is fair.

All this assuming we ever lay our grubby paws upon the next eyeballer.
Old 3rd January 2006, 16:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I want a hatch. See guys you are all thinking of sitting and driving and enjoying the car. I also have to think of the fact this this is a JBL car. When it's parked, there will be 50 people at a time trying to see the system. I cant make them all sit inside. I need a hatch i can open, then everyone sees inside and makes ooohh...aaahhh.. hell etc etc.
An SUV is easier for people to look at as all the stuff will be at eye level. Imagine 50-odd people having to crouch down to see all the stuff in a hatch, especially in a Swift where the rear seems a bit dingy because of those high windows.

With an SUV you can leave the tailgate open and people can actually see all the stuff inside. At the recently concluded Dubai Auto Show, JBL had a Nissan Murano for their display (see pics HERE) while others like FUsion had smaller hatches like the Smart (see pics HERE) obviously it was easier to see the stuff loaded in the Murano than it was to crawl into all those hatches to see what was inside them.

I still feel that you should go for a really pimped up Endeavour. Black with ORANGE (your corporate color) leather - both on the seats and draped over the dash.

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd January 2006 at 16:59.
Old 3rd January 2006, 17:01   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
An SUV is easier for people to look at as all the stuff will be at eye level. Imagine 50-odd people having to crouch down to see all the stuff in a hatch, especially in a Swift where the rear seems a bit dingy because of those high windows.

With an SUV you can leave the tailgate open and people can actually see all the stuff inside. At the recently concluded Dubai Auto Show, JBL had a Nissan Murano for their display (see pics HERE) while others like FUsion had smaller hatches like the Smart (see pics HERE) obviously it was easier to see the stuff loaded in the Murano than it was to crawl into all those hatches to see what was inside them.

I still feel that you should go for a really pimped up Endeavour. Black with ORANGE (your corporate color) leather - both on the seats and draped over the dash.
well said steeroid, that does make sense .. Another reason i didnt quite like the swift idea as i mentioned earlier ..
Old 3rd January 2006, 17:15   #56
BHPian

Hey Sam......i hope u have seen this!!!! Why dont u get inspiration from ur parent company especially paint.[1st pic]

http://www.infinitysystems.com/carau...ent_sb_05.aspx
Old 3rd January 2006, 17:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

I still think a black Dicor with massive 20 inch alloys and jBL's orange striping makes for a greater statement than an Endeavour. Cheaper too!!!
Old 3rd January 2006, 17:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

Any car you do will look as well as sound great!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
All I want is a drive in it...
Me too!!!!

ps:i wrote the thing on the top only coz i had to post a minimun of 20 characters.The important 1 is me too!!!.
Old 3rd January 2006, 19:05   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm...

OK Moderators, can you please add one more item to this poll: SUV (Dicor, Endeavour etc)
Old 3rd January 2006, 19:07   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Sam, doesn't the Octavia suit your requirements to the "T".

What's holding you back?
The price of the car itself is a factor here guys. Remember, buying an expensive car doesnt make too much sense, as there are multiple drivers and the car gets used a lot across the country...
I dont mind spending on the bling and the Bang!
Closed Thread