Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 19:37   #46
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 7 Times
Question Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
@ Bhagwan - Sorry, the way you have the amps aligned in the pics is not very appealing. I'm changing it.
Excellent;

Thanks.



I will try and put up some more pics.
However, I will be travelling on Wednesday, so Thursday evening it shall have to be.
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 20:29   #47
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Proposed 'alteration' Steg Amps.
Some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-pillar-tweeter-housing-air-intake-1.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-pillar-tweeter-housing-air-intake-2.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-pillar-tweeter-housing-air-intake-3.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-pillar-tweeter-housing-air-intake-4.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-pillar-tweeter-housing-air-intake-5.jpg  

BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 20:48   #48
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 350
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

I love it already. The A pillars and the way the Amps are lined up, looks fantastic. New to ICE and all this seems out of a Hollywood fiction movie. This is going to be one Super Duper Hatch.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 22:02   #49
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 7 Times
Wink Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
I love it already. The A pillars and the way the Amps are lined up, looks fantastic. New to ICE and all this seems out of a Hollywood fiction movie. This is going to be one Super Duper Hatch.

MaSh
Thanks Mash !
Your words are kind;
Yes, it is turning out well.
Hope it sounds nice too.
Will keep you in tune.
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 01:01   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dehra Dun
Posts: 153
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

i remember when i joined this fora, the one guy whose taste in audio peripherals and equally indulged installs and attention to details caught my attention was you "B" and i would say im pleasantly surprised to see you back in action again. you know till date i have built and fabricated about 8 subwoofer boxes of various types and dimensions and my family often advises me to seek some professional medical attention before i go totally over the edge but whenever i recollected that concrete subwoofer box of yours i knew i aint nowhere even near the edge, pun intended friend, i salute your passion which reinforces my belief that logic is too petty an issue to be discussed in the context of passion and i hope to see some more incredible indulgence of yours even in years to come.
makanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:35   #51
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 7 Times
Smile Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
i remember when i joined this fora, the one guy whose taste in audio peripherals and equally indulged installs and attention to details caught my attention was you "B" and i would say im pleasantly surprised to see you back in action again. you know till date i have built and fabricated about 8 subwoofer boxes of various types and dimensions and my family often advises me to seek some professional medical attention before i go totally over the edge but whenever i recollected that concrete subwoofer box of yours i knew i aint nowhere even near the edge, pun intended friend, i salute your passion which reinforces my belief that logic is too petty an issue to be discussed in the context of passion and i hope to see some more incredible indulgence of yours even in years to come.


Thank you Sir !

How I wish we could beet, Mumbai or DD.
It would be great to exchange notes & listen to music together.

All the Best !

Keep the spirit up & do what you believe in...
Lots of people will look & laugh, let them, it entertains them..
We will do what we 'believe' in.
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:31   #52
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
1 of the tweets is low on power. Some thing may be wrong.
did you get the XO checked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
No one is ready to touch a 1.6 Petrol. I wonder why ?
Was hopeful to cross 130 BHP on this one.
The reason being that it is turbo charged engines that benefit most from a re-map. The most you will get from a re-map of your 1.6 will be 115-120bhp. I am assuming the stock engine is the 105bhp version like this one
2010 Volkswagen Polo 1.6L Highline (Petrol), Volkswagen Polo 1.6L Highline (Petrol) India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
@ Bhagwan - Sorry, the way you have the amps aligned in the pics is not very appealing. I'm changing it.
B&T I would recommend a sloped board between the 2 subwoofers. this way Bhagwan would still have some space left for groceries or a golf bag.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:40   #53
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

103.56 BHP is 'stock' VW Polo 1.6 [105 PS converted]

K & N Airfilter
Free Flow Exhaust
Can these 2 give to me 3 to 5 more BHP ? I am hopeful..

The Chip [Re-Map] if it can be done, should give 10 % more at least - again I hope.

So 118 to 120 is what I can hope for.
Let me see, where it gets me.

All said, this is the only 100 ++ hatch in India - now & one with poor brakes & lousy suspension !

Last edited by BHAGWAN : 2nd March 2011 at 23:41. Reason: zero was missing
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:26   #54
BHPian
 
ShortShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Land of Nizams
Posts: 953
Thanked: 1,260 Times
Post Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
103.56 BHP is 'stock' VW Polo 1.6 [105 PS converted]

K & N Airfilter
Free Flow Exhaust
Can these 2 give to me 3 to 5 more BHP ? I am hopeful..

The Chip [Re-Map] if it can be done, should give 10 % more at least - again I hope.

So 118 to 120 is what I can hope for.
Let me see, where it gets me.

All said, this is the only 100 ++ hatch in India - now & one with poor brakes & lousy suspension !
Bhagwan Sir, I have had all these in my mind for my Polo 1.6 which i am yet to book (I just cant wait for dad to give the go ahead signal ) 3 Months is the waiting period the Showroom told me a few days back when i visited.

Anyways coming to the point, I would be closely watching your updates on this thread. I have one simple question to you, would getting a remap/airfilter swap/brakes/ice upgrade lead to a void in warranty ?

Ps:-Your's is going to be the hottest Polo in the country
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:36   #55
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 7 Times
Talking Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Bhagwan Sir, I have had all these in my mind for my Polo 1.6 which i am yet to book (I just cant wait for dad to give the go ahead signal ) 3 Months is the waiting period the Showroom told me a few days back when i visited.

Anyways coming to the point, I would be closely watching your updates on this thread. I have one simple question to you, would getting a remap/airfilter swap/brakes/ice upgrade lead to a void in warranty ?

Ps:-Your's is going to be the hottest Polo in the country
I will get a Polo for you - 1 week max - in Mumbai - anytime !!

Yes;
100 % VOID on the Warranty front.

Thanks for the compliment. I do hope it all goes well & the can gets completed & runs OK - fingers are crossed...
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 13:46   #56
BHPian
 
ShortShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Land of Nizams
Posts: 953
Thanked: 1,260 Times
Smile Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
I will get a Polo for you - 1 week max - in Mumbai - anytime !!

Yes;
100 % VOID on the Warranty front.

Thanks for the compliment. I do hope it all goes well & the can gets completed & runs OK - fingers are crossed...
1 Week ?! Wow ! I'll let you know when i get confirmation from Dad. And about the warranty thing i saw it coming, anyways thats the whole point of being an Enthusiast !

And Sir, Did I mention you are a man of great taste !

How about an exhaust/brakes/suspension upgrade now ?

I enquired about the OEM Bodykit and the showroom here in Hyderabad has quoted me a price of around 80K for it. Is the price justified or should i get some other bodykit ?

I quite liked these alloys, the chrome pedals and the CF effect ORVM's on the VW Accessories Site,

Name:  2.png
Views: 3767
Size:  243.8 KB

Name:  3.png
Views: 3268
Size:  247.8 KB

Name:  4.png
Views: 4312
Size:  269.9 KB

And what do you think about these racing stripes ?

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-image0993.jpg
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:00   #57
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 7 Times
Cool Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

The Body Kit in Mumbai - with Paint & Fitting is Rs. 72/- K

I have done the Exhaust - Automec - Mumbai

The K & N is being re-installed - was poorly done the 1st time around & I was over charged on the labour front - Rs. 4.5/- K [absurd]

The Suspension is O/S
I need to put KW from Germany, but before I order, I need to know the exact model of my VW so that there is no fitting issue.

I need to get rear disc put - do not know where to go ?
Suggestions would be much appreciated.

I like the Carbon Fibre Rear View Mirrors.
I do not like the strips - will never do any body modifications - not my style !
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:06   #58
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

can you find for me the 17" alloys of VW & send the link to me ?
It shall be much appreciated.
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:32   #59
BHPian
 
ShortShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Land of Nizams
Posts: 953
Thanked: 1,260 Times
Default Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
can you find for me the 17" alloys of VW & send the link to me ?
It shall be much appreciated.
I have pm'ed you the link.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 22:18   #60
BHPian
 
BHAGWAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai - Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 7 Times
Wink Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
I have pm'ed you the link.
Thanks.

However, I need to find a supplier for VW Polo Cup rims - 17"
I will change my Sparco - Pista to the VW Polo Race Cup Rims - if I can source it...
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pioneer exits from Home Audio-Video & DJ Business. To focus on Car Audio iVento Gadgets, Computers & Software 2 23rd September 2014 12:52
Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also Arkin evoisrevo The Indian Car Scene 183 4th September 2012 22:53
White POLO HL Petrol finally arrived CANPUSH Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 19 14th October 2010 17:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks