Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 19th March 2011, 01:00   #1
BHPian

Default ICE For Accent Viva-CDT Audio

This is CDT HD-62 Components, I had ordered them from california.Im going to install them in Accent Viva.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE For Accent Viva-CDT Audio-2.jpg  

ICE For Accent Viva-CDT Audio-3.jpg  

ICE For Accent Viva-CDT Audio-4.jpg  

Attached Images

vgudale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 10:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: ICE For Accent Viva-CDT Audio

Niiice. These seem to be quite a powerful component set (180W RMS), and quite expensive too. What amp will you use to run them? Post photos of your entire setup please.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 17:43   #3
BHPian

My current setup in accent:
pioneer 3190 head unit
front-jbl 5.25" speakers
rear-jbl gto 947
amplifier-jbl gt5-s644
basstube-jbl cs-1205
im removing all jbl speakers and installing only cdt hd 62 components.Im giving 2channels to components and 2 channels to basstube.

my question to audio gurus is:

1)i live in kolhapur, i had searched whole kolhapur,but im not able to find any professional installer here,all are entry level installers.There is one installer in sangli called mahesh tonpe,i think he is better than these guys because i had seen his advertise in overdrive magazine under soundstream products.so,should i install my system in sangli or look for any good installer in pune or mumbai?

2)should i need damping for these components?if yes,then which is good and how many damping should i need?

3)i need good wiring kit.please suggest me the VFM wiring kit and which one 4gauge or 8gauge?
Old 20th March 2011, 00:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Niiice. These seem to be quite a powerful component set (180W RMS), and quite expensive too. What amp will you use to run them? Post photos of your entire setup please.
Thanks predatorwheelz,i will be using gt5-s644 4channel amplifier and i will post photos of entire setup soon!
Old 21st March 2011, 15:28   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You are obviously someone who is particular about the kind of sound he wants. And yes, you will need a professional installer, good wiring and damping! I would highly recommend that you drive down to Pune and get the work done at a reputed installer. Search the forum, Poona Motors in Camp (East street) and Carax (www .carax.in/) at the intersection of Baner Road and NH4 bypass are apparently recommended by BHPians.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 16:46   #6
Team-BHP Support

Thats a great set of components. I too would echo the need of a good installer, a great set of wiring equipment and dampening is a must as the build quality of the Viva is not exactly vault like.

I had the following equipment in my Accent Viva CRDi ( Sold now)

Pio 6850
Front Components : Infinity References
Rear Fills : JBL GTO 937
Amp 1 : 4 Channel Sony 444
Amp 2 : 4 Channel JBL 300.1
Woofer : JBL 1000 watts in a enclosed box
Dampened the entire boot and front passenger doors

Despite dampening the rear number plate used to rattle so removed it and stuck a number plate look alike paper.

Goodluck in your installation and look forward the final pictures.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You are obviously someone who is particular about the kind of sound he wants. And yes, you will need a professional installer, good wiring and damping! I would highly recommend that you drive down to Pune and get the work done at a reputed installer. Search the forum, Poona Motors in Camp (East street) and Carax (www .carax.in/) at the intersection of Baner Road and NH4 bypass are apparently recommended by BHPians.
GTO you know any high end professional installer in pune? because the poona motors are very basic in installing as per i had heard there review and i called carax, they said they doesnt fit outside products and also they dont have any dampening material .
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats a great set of components. I too would echo the need of a good installer, a great set of wiring equipment and dampening is a must as the build quality of the Viva is not exactly vault like.
================
Goodluck in your installation and look forward the final pictures.
Accents number plate shakes too much, i will use your technique for the same. But i want to ask u that im tunning the components at 80hz and setting them to 130 rms, at this power will car need damping?
Old 6th April 2011, 23:26   #9
BHPian

I had Installed CDT components in my accent.
my existing setup:
pioneer 3190 hu
front cdt hd 62 components
jbl gt5s644 amplifier
jbl basstube.
No rear fills.
I havent found any high end installer for cdt in kolhapur, so i plan to install them at sangli which is near by 60kms from kolhapur.Installers name is Mahesh Tonpe(Car Shoppe)I went there by 12 pm and we started the work doing,i thought that installer have whole damping roll but he woudnt.So we plan to do damping with scosche hyperflex,we used 1 pack for each door and remaining damping is done by foam.This whole installation took 9pm at night.

Here are some installtion pics:
Attached Images

Old 7th April 2011, 10:20   #10
BHPian

I had used the damping on the rear side of the mid woofer and near by midwoofer,the other side of doors are damped with foam.damping to these two doors costed me 2.5k,also we used bassfx mdf rings,each ring costed 200 rs.Wiring used for basstube mtx 12 gauge and for components 16 gauge.i was using pioneer 3190 headunit with this setup.Installtion costed me 5k.

Know time for review:
The cdt hd 6 widwoofer,drt 25 1"tweeter and 484 crossover are nice build,they gives filling of made in u.s.a.The depth of midwoofer is comparatively big,so it took time to fit.We have to cut some portion of fiber doors and have to cut one side of ring.

I had tunned them to 80hz on gt5-s644 because these headunit doesnt have any tunning option for subwoofer and others.I had used angled flush mount housing of tweeters they were facing at 45 degrees to each side.Crossovers are kept inside the side.

Tweeters:
Firstly i tunned to eminem ft lil wayne -drop the world and metallica-nothing else matters.This songs sound very nicely,tweeters sound very clear.For the rock song tweeter gave very clear and detailed notes.but when i gone and on listening i felt that tweeters are somehow harsh,then i changed the setting on crossover,i changed it from 0db to -3db.then the tweeters were felling laid back.

midwoofer:
i am not getting the desired mid bass from midwoofer.I dont know why?but when i use the fader option then while only listening to components.I am not getting the enough midbass.I am new to the ICE.I dont know if midbass sounds like this or any thing is wrong.

my questions to you guys:

1)Is tweeters position is good?
2)How can i achieve the desired midbass?
3)At what db should i keep the Crossover?
Old 8th April 2011, 10:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Mid bass can be compromised due to wrong polarities, take a pencil battery and check the polarity of each speaker. I think your installer should know how to do it.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 11:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

your components needs better Amp...

Keep one thing in mind CDT audio speakers requires lots of Running in before you actually comment about midbass ...
But check for wiring blueraven said and also using test songs !!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 13:00   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Mid bass can be compromised due to wrong polarities, take a pencil battery and check the polarity of each speaker. I think your installer should know how to do it.
but blueraven the speaker cable had been used of two colours the blue one is connected to +ve and silver one is connected to -ve,so might be polarity is ok and also Jbl amplifier is very entery level amplifier, i have to use good 2channel amplifier!
Old 13th April 2011, 14:55   #14
BHPian

WOW..what the hell CDT is sounding.I think they had crossed there breaking period,know the tweeters are sounding like very crisp and clear, im just loveing the cdts know.i had read review while purchasing the components,but know im getting what they want to mean.The tweeters are sounding like live perfromance and they are not at all harsh know.Midbass is kicking the bass very well.They are really nice sets.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:25   #15
BHPian

Guys please suggest me good subwoofer and amplifier for that.I have budget of 16-18k for both of them.I just listen to hip/hop and raps