Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2016, 15:17   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,709
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't know if Carcares, OMR, which has a good reputation, does glass polishing
that's the place i went to.

Quote:
I'm mentioning all this because, if 3M can't do a good job, then you are not going to get a good job from them, regardless of escalation. Be nice to get some refund, though.

-- but at least their guys would obviously know how to use a polishing machine, if the polish was provided.
My guess is, since there is absolutely NO difference in the scratches, that they may not have used any abrasive product at all. Since I was not around during the service, my guess is that they might have used some regular polish which would have cleaned up the glass, but made no difference to the scratches.
Hence hoping that escalation might result in me getting what I paid for in the first place
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 16:20   #167
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,600
Thanked: 6,686 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
that's the place i went to.
I don't mean 3M; I mean This independent detailing shop: Car Cares.

I wonder how many there are that combine the words car and care in their name? Confusion!

Quote:
My guess is, since there is absolutely NO difference in the scratches, that they may not have used any abrasive product at all. Since I was not around during the service, my guess is that they might have used some regular polish which would have cleaned up the glass, but made no difference to the scratches.
Hence hoping that escalation might result in me getting what I paid for in the first place
Point taken. In other words, you spent your money and got nothing. Or no more than you could have done at home with a cloth and some glass cleaner.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 21:55   #168
BHPian
 
Seek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Not sure who srivant is - the store manager I talked to had a different name, and said that one treatment along may not remove all scratches, and that another might need to be applied to remove all of them. At that point i figured i had wasted enough money and left.

I will see if I can take a shot of my windshield and night with a headlight oncoming showing the glare from all the random scratches. in the meantime, is there any way to escalate?
Srivant is the store owner. If you want I can PM you his number.
Seek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 00:39   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,223
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Had contemplated polishing. Looks like I would not goo to 3M after your experience. I have to ask Windshield Experts, in Adyar, what they can do. Their reviews are mixed. I don't know if Carcares, OMR, which has a good reputation, does glass polishing --- but at least their guys would obviously know how to use a polishing machine, if the polish was provided.
Car cares helped me to restore the headlamp in my car last November. They did pretty decently as well. You could check with them to see if they do for windscreen as well.
rameshnanda is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 14:02   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,709
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Srivant is the store owner. If you want I can PM you his number.
Thanks for his contact. Set up an appointment today and showed him the small scratches. he said he would ask his staff to repolish. I saw them applying the polish, but he got back to me saying that they seem to be almost out of the stuff, and possibly the stuff at the bottom may not be as effective, as the scratches were still on my glass despite half an hour or so of polishing.

So he has asked me to wait until he sources a new pack, and would set up another appointment then.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 22:10   #171
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,561
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

I installed 3M CR 70 sunfilm for Santro for front windscreen at Thoraipakkam outlet. costed me 6900/- incl installation and 5 year warranty. aid 350 in addition to remove the old sun film.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 21:44   #172
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,709
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Thanks for his contact. Set up an appointment today and showed him the small scratches. he said he would ask his staff to repolish. I saw them applying the polish, but he got back to me saying that they seem to be almost out of the stuff, and possibly the stuff at the bottom may not be as effective, as the scratches were still on my glass despite half an hour or so of polishing.

So he has asked me to wait until he sources a new pack, and would set up another appointment then.
An update on this - I got an update from him that they are not able to procure the polishing compound, and so they offered me a refund. One of my friends was due to get his car's underbody coated, so asked him to adjust it against it as underbody coating is more expensive.

At the end i was pleasantly surprised to find out that the underbody coating, as well as a wash was done, and they refused to take any payment.

It's hard to find service outlets that go above and beyond their obligations to satisfy customers. Pity they don't have any more services i want, else would have loved to be a repeat customer!

Last edited by greenhorn : 7th January 2017 at 21:45.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 11:18   #173
BHPian
 
Seek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
An update on this - I got an update from him that they are not able to procure the polishing compound, and so they offered me a refund. One of my friends was due to get his car's underbody coated, so asked him to adjust it against it as underbody coating is more expensive.

At the end i was pleasantly surprised to find out that the underbody coating, as well as a wash was done, and they refused to take any payment.

It's hard to find service outlets that go above and beyond their obligations to satisfy customers. Pity they don't have any more services i want, else would have loved to be a repeat customer!
Yes, that's the striking part about 3M OMR. Excellent customer service. I have had my storme pampered there with almost every aspect of detailing.
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 12:36   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Got offset stripes applied on cousin's Tiago at 3M nungambakkam.

Stripes were applied to cover tinkering work due to this dent
3M Car Care (Chennai)-img20170204wa0010.jpg
3M Car Care (Chennai)-img20170204wa0011.jpg

Application
3M Car Care (Chennai)-3m1.jpg
3M Car Care (Chennai)-3m2.jpg
3M Car Care (Chennai)-3m3.jpg

Result
3M Car Care (Chennai)-3m4.jpg
3M Car Care (Chennai)-3m5.jpg
3M Car Care (Chennai)-3m6.jpg
3M Car Care (Chennai)-3m7.jpg
badboyscad is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:59   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Got offset stripes applied on cousin's Tiago at 3M nungambakkam.

Stripes were applied to cover tinkering work due to this dent
More daylight pics here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4151819 (PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India)
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:28   #176
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 390
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Got offset stripes applied on cousin's Tiago at 3M nungambakkam.
Badboyscad - Can 3M wrap Chrome door handles? Is that doable?
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:45   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Badboyscad - Can 3M wrap Chrome door handles? Is that doable?
I guess that would be doable if the handles are removed.
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 17:41   #178
ike
BHPian
 
ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai/KL-08
Posts: 86
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Took my car to 3M Anna nagar for paint sealant treatment. An OK experience but not that great. The good thing was I ran into BHPian aargee and his immaculately maintained S cross 1.6 that had come in for PPF treatment.
Attaching a couple of pics of my car
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (Chennai)-whatsapp-image-20170611-12.19.45.jpeg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-whatsapp-image-20170611-15.02.18.jpeg  

ike is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 19:23   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chennai (TN-19)
Posts: 58
Thanked: 71 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Can someone help me understand if anti-corrosion protection and underbody protection are worth it for me? I don't live near sea and don't go through water stagnated roads a lot. Street where I live is poorly maintained though and has its fair share of potholes and loose gravel and stones and expect some water stagnation in the monsoon later this year. But it's barely 100m or so and otherwise I keep to good roads.

I was aggressively sold underbody protection by the Honda service center for my new Jazz but I denied it saying I'm going to check with other car care options like 3M before committing to one. But I'm not sure whether it is something which I should even do.

I'm planning to do paint protection sealing and correct a minor scratch (if possible) in the rear with 3M. So thought of checking with you guys before asking 3M for cost and their thoughts.
Yieldway17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maintenance & Repairs : Bosch Car Care Centre (Vadapalani, Chennai) geeash Chennai 36 24th August 2016 21:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks