Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 19:52   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

The Legend Motors

Old No. 28, New No. 14
G.S.T. Road, Sundarambal Nagar
Tambaram Sanatorium
Chennai -600047

Landmark: Near T B Hospital

Phone: 044-22412005, 044-43804005

The Legend Motors - Chennai has a wide range of Royal Enfield Accessories in its swanky inhouse accessory shop in the basement of the showroom. It has a full fledged service floor that can accommodate a good number of Motorcycles at a time. Overall it is a one stop shop for all you Royal Enfield Enthusiasts.


Name:  20120722_120849.jpg
Views: 40978
Size:  110.5 KB

Name:  20120722_120857.jpg
Views: 55725
Size:  107.2 KB

Name:  20120722_120904.jpg
Views: 30515
Size:  105.3 KB

Name:  20120722_120911.jpg
Views: 30957
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  20120722_120917.jpg
Views: 30297
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  20120722_120926.jpg
Views: 31627
Size:  106.7 KB

Name:  20120722_120935.jpg
Views: 29814
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  20120722_120946.jpg
Views: 29786
Size:  103.6 KB

Name:  20120722_120956.jpg
Views: 29651
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  20120722_121014.jpg
Views: 29279
Size:  100.9 KB

Last edited by bblost : 9th August 2012 at 15:01. Reason: Added address to first post.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 19:55   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Name:  20120722_121027.jpg
Views: 37549
Size:  94.4 KB

Name:  20120722_121038.jpg
Views: 30630
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  20120722_121052.jpg
Views: 32622
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  20120722_121200.jpg
Views: 45101
Size:  98.4 KB

Name:  20120722_122134.jpg
Views: 28886
Size:  70.0 KB

Name:  20120722_122211.jpg
Views: 28995
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  20120722_122217.jpg
Views: 28536
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  20120722_122225.jpg
Views: 28566
Size:  96.7 KB

Name:  20120722_122230.jpg
Views: 28500
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  20120722_122243.jpg
Views: 28711
Size:  94.0 KB
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 20:00   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Name:  20120722_122254.jpg
Views: 32009
Size:  112.9 KB

Name:  20120722_122243.jpg
Views: 28203
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  20120722_122314.jpg
Views: 28403
Size:  103.2 KB

Name:  20120722_122323.jpg
Views: 28155
Size:  104.1 KB

Name:  20120722_122344.jpg
Views: 28017
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  20120722_122351.jpg
Views: 27902
Size:  86.7 KB

Name:  20120722_122408.jpg
Views: 27645
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  20120722_122416.jpg
Views: 29948
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  20120722_122427.jpg
Views: 27596
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  20120722_122433.jpg
Views: 27465
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  20120722_122336.jpg
Views: 27602
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  20120722_122442.jpg
Views: 27728
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  20120722_122448.jpg
Views: 27429
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  20120722_122454.jpg
Views: 27492
Size:  92.3 KB
Warwithwheels is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 22:37   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 136
Thanked: 43 Times
Default re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Thanks for this update Warwithwheels. Could you please let me know do they even have the driver's footrest for the TBTS? In my bird its almost worn out and I have to look for the replacement. Also where is this showroom's exact location in chennai?
Balaji31582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 14:33   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Thanks for this update Warwithwheels. Could you please let me know do they even have the driver's footrest for the TBTS? In my bird its almost worn out and I have to look for the replacement. Also where is this showroom's exact location in chennai?
Guess they should have it. Here's the contact info:

The Legend Motors

Old No. 28, New No. 14
G.S.T. Road, Sundarambal Nagar
Tambaram Sanatorium
Chennai -600047

Landmark: Near T B Hospital

Phone: 044-22412005, 044-43804005
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 15:32   #6
BHPian
 
mac187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 544
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

That looks like a great place. There is such demand for accessories for RE's wonder whats stopping RE in launching stores for that.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 16:59   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: bangalore
Posts: 182
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Looks like a great place with all the goodies under one roof
Just one query, do the jackets and boots have the RE branding on them ? (I noticed that the saddle bags were RE branded). Or are they just from some other company
aadithsince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 17:13   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
Looks like a great place with all the goodies under one roof
Just one query, do the jackets and boots have the RE branding on them ? (I noticed that the saddle bags were RE branded). Or are they just from some other company
The Jackets shown in the pic are of a different brand. Am not too sure about the boots. Guess it has the branding. However you've got some jersey kinda stuff, T Shirts, Beer Mugs, Caps, Tie pins, bottle openers with RE Branding!
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 17:17   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

The RE shown in the pics below is of the 70's vintage. Take a look at the speedo. It has been tastefully redone I must say. The showroom also undertakes such projects I guess.

Attachment 966978

Attachment 966979

Attachment 966980

Attachment 966981
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 17:18   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: bangalore
Posts: 182
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
The Jackets shown in the pic are of a different brand. Am not too sure about the boots. Guess it has the branding. However you've got some jersey kinda stuff, T Shirts, Beer Mugs, Caps, Tie pins, bottle openers with RE Branding!

Thanks! Guess the next time I visit Chennai, I'll drop into this place. Would love to get my hand on RE branded boots By the way I hope all the accessories (T shirts, beer mugs etc.) available is reasonably priced and not over the top
aadithsince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 17:35   #11
BHPian
 
shivshanker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 310
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
The Legend Motors

Old No. 28, New No. 14
G.S.T. Road, Sundarambal Nagar
Tambaram Sanatorium
Chennai -600047

Landmark: Near T B Hospital

Phone: 044-22412005, 044-43804005

The Legend Motors - Chennai has a wide range of Royal Enfield Accessories in its swanky inhouse accessory shop in the basement of the showroom. It has a full fledged service floor that can accommodate a good number of Motorcycles at a time. Overall it is a one stop shop for all you Royal Enfield Enthusiasts.
Hello Warwithwheels,

Neat collections a treasure trove for Enfield lovers, however after seeing the Horns and the Up swept exhaust is this dealer still honoring the warranty on new Bikes.?

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th August 2012 at 09:21. Reason: Fixing quote
shivshanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 17:49   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
.......Neat collections a treasure trove for Enfield lovers, however after seeing the Horns and the Up swept exhaust is this dealer still honoring the warranty on new Bikes.?
I've got the Bosch Horns installed from them and there was no fuss made about the warranty part. This outlet in particular is very pro customer and there are no hard and fast rules about the warranty T&C's.

Moreover in the RE context, electrical warranty does not carry a great relevancy given that the bike has just the basic electricals.

Regarding the exhausts, they advise you to get it fitted once the bike runs in. So that in the event of any major manufacturing defect croping up, it can be sorted out without any issues.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 17:49   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 328
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

This is really awesome stuff man! I would go there just to hang out

I hope something like this opens in Pune! Getting stuff from Nana Peth is sometimes a headache. And you can't really check out stuff at your own pace and then choose what you want. You sort of have to know perfectly what you want before you go there!
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 17:51   #14
BHPian
 
shivshanker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 310
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I've got the Bosch Horns installed from them and there was no fuss made about the warranty part. This outlet in particular is very pro customer and there are no hard and fast rules about the warranty T&C's.

Moreover in the RE context, electrical warranty does not carry a great relevancy given that the bike has just the basic electricals.

Regarding the exhausts, they advise you to get it fitted once the bike runs in. So that in the event of any major manufacturing defect croping up, it can be sorted out without any issues.
Wow.. this is a major stride as in my opinion with the EFI models (ECU based) once should be careful with electrical short circuits.
shivshanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 08:00   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default Re: The Legend Motors : Royal Enfield Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
This is really awesome stuff man! I would go there just to hang out

I hope something like this opens in Pune! Getting stuff from Nana Peth is sometimes a headache. And you can't really check out stuff at your own pace and then choose what you want. You sort of have to know perfectly what you want before you go there!
Legend Motors is the place for you to be in. You can even just hang out in there a whole day and come out without buying a thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Wow.. this is a major stride as in my opinion with the EFI models (ECU based) once should be careful with electrical short circuits.
You've got a point! The EFI based models completely missed my attention.
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accessories for the Royal Enfield jeepster Motorbikes 118 22nd January 2018 16:16
Unfair booking & delivery process - Link Motors, Purnia, Bihar (Royal Enfield Dealer) Sheel Motorbikes 22 23rd December 2014 20:10
When did Royal Enfield become "Enfield"? pullin Motorbikes 1 25th June 2010 13:34
500cc Royal Enfield vs NEW 350cc Enfield scottoe Motorbikes 22 13th October 2009 16:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks