Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Old 1st August 2014, 10:15   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
the polishing product is from Menzerna
Its Menzerna PP Ultra and its a Sealant and the compound / polish used seems to be Scholl S3 Gold compound which is a 1 stage product that gives the finish of a Polish, I am not sure whether he used any separate polish or a gloss in between, I cant find any in the pics.
::CMS:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 10:55   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
From the picture looks like the polishing product is from Menzerna. 3M is all wax based. Basically pushing wax in to swirls and scratches. And wax gets washed our and exposes swirls again. Good polishing compound should correct the surface and then apply good polymer coating for protection.
Are you saying Menzerna is better than 3M products? I don't know much about polishing and hence could NOT make out what you wrote.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 11:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

In my experience Menzerna or any other compound that has surface finishing materials is better than wax based. But it comes with risk and can damage the paint if not done properly. Wax based basically does nothing so less risk. But life is bad due to wax getting washed off. For anything to shine, surface should be smooth. That can be achieved either by fillers or by correcting/polishing the surface. If you need jewellery to shine, you polish not wax. Same with paint. IF you need polish to shine longer, you protect. Protection can be wax based or polymer/nano coating based.
kutlee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 16:05   #19
BHPian

Default Ceramic Quartz Coat done for Honda City iDTEC the RedBull

First of all my sincere thanks to Vahanam for getting the contact info of CQ works in Chennai from his Bangalore contact. But for his help I would not have done this treatment done.

The Story: I was thoroughly impressed by the pictures posted by various BHPians in Bangalore when their Honda City's' were treated with CQ namely the Ceramic Quartz. I visited the website of the manufacturer of the CQ material and the technicalities also impressed me.

For those interested in the technicalities of Cq: The Website:http://cquartz.com/

Then I just wanted to know if some one does it in Chennai and Vahanam got in touch with the person who did it for him (Mr Moshin if I remember right) in Bangalore and he recommended Mr Gurubaran of 'Driveclean' Chennai for the treatment. Vahanam PMed me his contact info and was also kind enough to give me an approximate cost of the whole treatment process.

Then I got in touch with Mr Gurubaran and asked him about the cost and time involved. He told me that if I can source the CQ material from abroad he would only charge me for the treatment or else he has to source it from Bangalore. I left the whole process with him and after a week he called me up and told me the he has sourced the material from Bangalore. We postponed the date to 17th September due to rains in Chennai and my personal commitments.

He came to my residence on 17th morning 6-30 AM sharp as he had indicated a day before and took RedBull for treatment. Now coming to the technical aspects this is what is done in 'Ceramic Quartz Treatment':

* Pressure wash - Foam wash
* Exterior clayed
* Scholls S3 gold compound and Menzerna fg400 compound with light cutting pads used to remove swirls
* menzerna sf4000 used for finishing
* IPA wipe down
* CQ UK layered and topped up with carpro Reload

Also done are the following as part of the package:
* Wheels cleaning
* Engine bay cleaning and dressing
* Interior vacuum and leather conditioner applied
* Plastics dressed with PERL

RedBull was handed over to me back promptly today morning after treatment. When he came to hand over it was drizzling. He came with his tools and tackles ready and gave it a mild shampoo wash right at my place. Rather than me telling how good it looked, the pictures posted below will give fellow BHPians about how nice the job was done. To say the least, I really was over whelmed by his sincerity and devotion.

He was kind enough to give me a bottle of Ultima Waterless Wash and a micro fibre towel as complements and suggested me use them if water dries up on the top of bonnet with the engine hot to avoid the water spots.

If any Chennai BHPians would like to get the CQ Treatment I would readily recommend him as a very satisfied customer.

I have posted his Contact Info at the end of this post for those BHPians in Chennai who would like to get CQ done with him.

Now the pictures..
Before Treatment: The Swirl Marks are visible
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-swrilmarks.jpg

After Treatment: No Swirl Marks..
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-swirlmarksgone.jpg

Now How good the objects around are reflected after treatment:
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-2_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-3_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-4_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-7_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-8_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-11_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-13_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-14_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-15_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-17_s.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-18_s.jpg

===========================
His Contact info:

Gurubaran: +919952964730
www.driveclean.in
www.facebook.com/driveclean.in
===========================
Seran Manian is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 16:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Are you saying Menzerna is better than 3M products? I don't know much about polishing and hence could NOT make out what you wrote.
No way you can compare Menzerna and 3M, both are towards different extremes.
::CMS:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 02:04   #21
BHPian

Default Re: Ceramic Quartz Coat done for Honda City iDTEC the RedBull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Now the pictures..
The work definitely shows and specifically since it is red its even more glittering .
Well to be honest I never understood ( I did not put enough head as well) the difference between the various treatments available in today's world , because for a layman like me all cars shine and give the expected mirror reflection at the end of any of these treatments.
I will have to spend some time in understanding the different process & procedures and most importantly which one to adopt when .

Kindly let us know the price for the treatment as well.

Thanks in advance,

cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 09:48   #22
BHPian

Have pmed you the cost.
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 14:17   #23
BHPian

Your car looks super charged for a bull attack. A bull that shines through. Fantastic to see that and good job by Gurubaran. Thanks for your compliments
Vahanam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2015, 06:51   #24
BHPian

Drive Clean has now setup an independent garage for detailing with the state of the art facilities.

I did a visit their garage and was astounded to see their stock of detailing products. A few cars were lined up after being detailed and they were droll worthy. I had a word with Baran who is the owner of these facilities to understand and reaffirm if I can trust my car in their hands. Post discussion, I was confident I could get my Ertiga both detailed and serviced from them.

A few highlights from my visit and discussion with Baran;

3000 sqft independent garage for detailing
Certified car care center for CarPro CQ products
Menzerna polishing compounds for detailing
Dealer for 'Bosch Wiperblades and 3D kagu mats
Sells Dr. Marcus perfumes, shampoo, interior cleaner and menzerna microfiber towels

After seeing and experiencing their interaction & facilities, i have booked my Ertiga for premium car service in the forthcoming week. They have car pick and drop facilities for customers who opt for detailing / premium service. Another good pointer is that they have free WiFi to chill yourself when detailing is being done.

External link to their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/driveclean.in
Attached Thumbnails
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-fortbhp02.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-fortbhp01.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-img_20150612_094254.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-img_20150706_111300.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-img_20150706_111309.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-img_20150608_194841.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-img_20150706_111353.jpg  

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-img_20150706_111450.jpg  

MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 20:53   #25
BHPian

Quick update, we had our car detailed once again at Drive Clean. This is our third time (we get the car detailed once a year). Mr.Baran was kind enough to give me a lot of tips on detailing. As usual the car was looking brand new and for the amount he charged, I couldn't be any happier. His place is now properly set up and also offers mechanical fixes. I would still hold him as the top detailer in Chennai. Though there are many other places who say they use X, Y or Z products, the person who ends up working on the car has no proper knowledge of detailing and miss most of the basic rules of detailing.
P.S Mr.Baran is also extremely friendly and welcoming. I've spent many hours at his garage just getting tips from him and on what products to buy for general upkeep of the car.
prithviq8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 12:46   #26
BHPian

Baran is a great detailer with a amazing passion for it but always overworked since he does the detailing all by himself and gets a lot of high end cars.

I have tried reaching out to him over phone to get my car detailed several times over the last 6 months but without any luck. He neither picks the phone up nor has returned my call. Even my sms were ignored. Still looking at alternative passionate detailers who are willing to do my car
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 13:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have met Gurubaran once and was impressed with his demeanour ; saw pics of MutantX's Ertiga and was clean bowled.

Post flood , I had recommended a friend to turn his Camry ( flooded only 4 inches inside) in for interior cleaning.The car came back with only mediocre results ; and the cables to the headrest monitors were found snapped and not fixed back.

Having said that I will still suggest you message him.He generally responds.

Car Cares on OMR is also decent place for detailing ; have seen their great attention to detail.

Last edited by vigsom : 7th September 2016 at 13:40. Reason: Addition
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 13:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Baran is a great detailer with a amazing passion for it but always overworked since he does the detailing all by himself and gets a lot of high end cars.

I have tried reaching out to him over phone to get my car detailed several times over the last 6 months but without any luck. He neither picks the phone up nor has returned my call. Even my sms were ignored. Still looking at alternative passionate detailers who are willing to do my car
Are you sure sir? Baran has always been prompt in responding to any queries on whatsapp. Even silly ones pertaining to some detailing products on sale on Amazon. If you are in chennai why dont you just drop by at his place in nanganallur? I have done that too

cheers!
sai
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016, 02:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I have tried reaching out to him over phone to get my car detailed several times over the last 6 months but without any luck. He neither picks the phone up nor has returned my call.
Weird that Mr.Baran hasn't responded to you. As I write this, I have informed him that you have been trying to contact him. Hopefully things get sorted out. Good luck!
prithviq8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote