Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Old 16th January 2016, 12:20   #1
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Car maintenance & repairs - SMK Automobiles (Chennai)

I have been to SMK Automobiles in Chennai for the works on my Fiat Palio GTX. Murugan owns and runs the show. This is a normal garage which takes care of any cars, but he is good with Fiat Palios.

• Honest chap. Down to earth and friendly.
  • Good with Fiat Palios as he has restored a couple of those
  • Not very expensive
  • We need constant follow up to get the work done.

His workshop is near "Kamachi Hospital" towards "Vels university" road Pallikaranai.

Work shop name : SMK Automobiles
Owner Name: Murugan

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th January 2016 at 12:32.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 14:28   #2
Senior - BHPian
Default re: Car maintenance & repairs - SMK Automobiles (Chennai)

My palio had a major breakdown at Chennai two years ago, with an alternator pulley shearing off. Called up Murugan, he came there in an hour, did immediate repairs and somehow drove to his workshop where final repairs were executed.

We couldn't procure a new alternator so he built one using two alternators salvaged from the scrapyard. He did an excellent job; the same alternator was running on the car when I sold it.

So whatever repairs he carried out were very reliable and very wallet friendly. Full marks to Murugan for a job well done!

My only complaint is that he does not speak any language other than Tamil. Even when I was at his garage, I had to call my localite friend tell him what I need to convey to Murugan, hand over the phone and he'd explain to Murugan. This back-and-forth phone communication was pretty exhausting.
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote