| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|4th August 2017, 16:54||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2014
Thanked: 1,786 Times
Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai
Store Details -
Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD)
9, 3rd avenue, Indira Nagar, Adyar, Chennai 20
9884797280 / email@example.com
What it provides -
Wash and Wax
Interior cleaning / leather protection
Paint protection film
What I like
- Brand new (less than a month old) showroom with well trained staff.
- Quality equipment and consumables - all imported he says, rather than the stuff bought locally which is mostly quite old stock.
- Sonax and 3M car shampoos / leather protection etc sprays.
- Meguiar wax, Sonax and Meguiar branded buffers, sponges, pads.
- 3M paint protection film though he’s trying to source better alternatives from abroad.
- Modesta + ceramic coating with a closed off and air conditioned curing booth. The owner added that he generally prefers to use a single thick layer of ceramic rather than multiple layers apparently because in extreme weather, metal and paint expansion and contraction can split multilayer ceramic coats.
- LED strip lighting so swirl marks, ingrained dirt etc will show up clearly.
- RO water used for washing so no dirt, mineral deposits etc end up on the car.
Last but not least - The owner Niranjan Jayaprakash, who is a petrol-head, not currently on Team-BHP. This shop is brand new, only about a couple of weeks old after first operating a door to door service from an old Eeco for the past couple of years.
I’ve given him my Fiesta for a basic wash and wax after bringing it back absolutely filthy from a Bangalore to Chennai trip and before that, five days in the dustiest parts of Whitefield. Very decent job - steep-ish cost though - 1700 - but you get full value for what you pay for.
Last edited by GTO : 7th August 2017 at 10:46. Reason: Formatting - thanks for sharing!
|4th August 2017, 18:14||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2017
Thanked: 326 Times
re: Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai
Yes, I was there for the inauguration and Niranjan briefed me on all that they were doing. Pretty impressive and he has been doing this for a while. He is very passionate about what he has been doing and has taken care that every little thing that could impact the final product has been addressed.
I wish to make a visit for my car to this place sometime.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Auto Glass - Windshield Experts (Adyar, Chennai)||Shanksta||Chennai||8||7th July 2017 11:37|
|Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi)||tsk13||Delhi NCR||11||22nd October 2016 08:34|
|Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)||sanjayc||Chennai||115||7th May 2015 14:44|