Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 17:05   #16
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

The first lot was good. They did an excellent job. But people who come nowadays do a horrible detailing job. I would need to sit near them and ask them to clean each and every part which they missed out on.

I enquired what liquid they used to clean the fenders, they said it is some engine oil! i told them to stop! and not to use it! tyre dressing is also horrible! they again use some oil to dress the tyres instead of tyre dressing foam.

Pras, can you please call and lodge a complaint! i will follow up and call these guys once you are done! i am not in any good mood right now. Please.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 20:26   #17
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
The first lot was good. They did an excellent job. But people who come nowadays do a horrible detailing job. I would need to sit near them and ask them to clean each and every part which they missed out on.

I enquired what liquid they used to clean the fenders, they said it is some engine oil! i told them to stop! and not to use it! tyre dressing is also horrible! they again use some oil to dress the tyres instead of tyre dressing foam.

Pras, can you please call and lodge a complaint! i will follow up and call these guys once you are done! i am not in any good mood right now. Please.
I called today, but just as it was getting transferred to Mr Vijay it got cut and then I got busy with a meeting so didnt bother calling back. Will call up tomorrow and ask them if its funny to make someone wait at 630 on a monday morning. In fact I spoke to him the other day. I had a chance to go on site and before going for another session I thought I would ask him if they could just refund my money since I may not be around and he said no, you can use it even later after coming back and extend the one year period and stuff.
After reading about carz spa I realize now that I could have spent the same 1000 bucks every 3rd month to have a nice exterior and general interior cleaning.
I think I'm going to ask these guys to come only for cleaning the car body thoroughly and polishing it properly. The real earth colour doesnt show scratches from a distance, but it has a large number of small small black dots from exhaust pipes of autos and cars. Will post on this thread tomorrow after I give them a ring.

BTW Mutantx, can you please tell me your real name so that if its ok with you I can quote your name as well and tell him that theres more than one unhappy customer? I actually dont want to continue with this service and would like to try for a refund of some amount of the money at least. Even if he cuts tax and money for a single session I should get at least 3500 bucks back. Totally regretting my decision now.

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 26th July 2010 at 20:28.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 22:18   #18
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
I called today, but just as it was getting transferred to Mr Vijay it got cut and then I got busy with a meeting so didnt bother calling back. Will call up tomorrow and ask them if its funny to make someone wait at 630 on a monday morning. In fact I spoke to him the other day. I had a chance to go on site and before going for another session I thought I would ask him if they could just refund my money since I may not be around and he said no, you can use it even later after coming back and extend the one year period and stuff.
After reading about carz spa I realize now that I could have spent the same 1000 bucks every 3rd month to have a nice exterior and general interior cleaning.
I think I'm going to ask these guys to come only for cleaning the car body thoroughly and polishing it properly. The real earth colour doesnt show scratches from a distance, but it has a large number of small small black dots from exhaust pipes of autos and cars. Will post on this thread tomorrow after I give them a ring.

BTW Mutantx, can you please tell me your real name so that if its ok with you I can quote your name as well and tell him that theres more than one unhappy customer? I actually dont want to continue with this service and would like to try for a refund of some amount of the money at least. Even if he cuts tax and money for a single session I should get at least 3500 bucks back. Totally regretting my decision now.
You could quote my name as Arun Vijayaraghavan from T.Nagar. I got totally pissed after seeing their cleaning job last friday. The scratch is still visible and my heart is just sunken!
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 08:20   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
navan49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 998
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Our team Bhp ians are doing a good job on reviewing these areas. I had a mind to go for the Car spa. If they are not doing well, as some one mentioned I can spend the extra money on it through the MSM (MASS) who does better as per the requirement of the car.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 08:33   #20
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Our team Bhp ians are doing a good job on reviewing these areas. I had a mind to go for the Car spa. If they are not doing well, as some one mentioned I can spend the extra money on it through the MSM (MASS) who does better as per the requirement of the car.
Navan sir carz spa at nandanam has got good reviews. We were discussing about problems with Pegasus.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 08:55   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Navan sir carz spa at nandanam has got good reviews. We were discussing about problems with Pegasus.
+1;
Navan sir, I'd been there along with scorpiobharat & Pho3n!x & witnessed they use good quality materials to get a superior finish. There's already a thread running on them - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...m-chennai.html (Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai))

IMHO, people who're small time players & want to do quick money, do it good only for first few times, once they think they earn the trust of customer, they'll start taking them for a ride.

Last edited by aargee : 27th July 2010 at 08:57.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 11:07   #22
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
You could quote my name as Arun Vijayaraghavan from T.Nagar. I got totally pissed after seeing their cleaning job last friday. The scratch is still visible and my heart is just sunken!
SPoke to Mr vijay. Told him I was up yesterday morning and again they didnt show up. He said they have all gone home for aadi month and I asked him how they agreed for appointments in that case.
Told him about your scratch and he seemed shocked. Perhaps now its your turn to call him up and talk to him. He talks very politely so I didnt want to be rude with him. But requested him to look into the problems and told him that they are happening constantly.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 11:24   #23
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Yes, he called me up sometime back and I talked to him and explained how difficult it is when you see a scratch on the bonet of your new car. He was also polite talking to me.

I was flexible when it comes to the timings but I told him that I need a perfect job on something which I spend such a lot of money on.

He asked to get the scratch corrected and send the bill to him so that he would pay it back to me. I am upset, but nothing can be done. Let me either get it corrected or live with it.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 22:36   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Hi bhpian's did any of you try this service if flitz&glitz apart from rajinibm?

Please post your feedback
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 15:45   #25
BHPian
 
Aarman_008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 140
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I have got my car cleaned through FlitznGlitz this Sunday.

I called up at 9:30 in the morning to book for an appointment, and I was told that someone would be coming around 3:00 PM (tentative). Around 3:15 I received a call from the guy and he informed that he is near the landmark I have provided.

Overall he did a good job in cleaning the car, and it took 3.5 hours for him to complete the job. The guy's attention to detail was good and he had my car cleaned in a satisfactory manner.
Aarman_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 21:44   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
I have got my car cleaned through FlitznGlitz this Sunday.

I called up at 9:30 in the morning to book for an appointment, and I was told that someone would be coming around 3:00 PM (tentative). Around 3:15 I received a call from the guy and he informed that he is near the landmark I have provided.

Overall he did a good job in cleaning the car, and it took 3.5 hours for him to complete the job. The guy's attention to detail was good and he had my car cleaned in a satisfactory manner.
any idea on what polish he uses ? i guess must be a local rubbing polish.

cost pleas?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 09:15   #27
BHPian
 
Aarman_008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 140
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

He was using the following products:

3M tyre dresser, 3M Vinyl & Plastic Protectant, 3M liquid wax, and Mr.Muscle glass cleaner.

The total cost was 499/- for my Santro

Last edited by Aarman_008 : 19th August 2010 at 09:19.
Aarman_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cleaning, Polishing, Painting, etc - Carz Spa (Mangalore, KA) james Other Cities 7 17th December 2017 21:43
Car Detailing at Your Doorstep : Kajal Car Dry-Cleaner (Delhi) SS-Traveller Delhi NCR 32 9th January 2016 22:01
Cheap wash & polish : The Car Spa (at your doorstep, Mumbai) S2!!! Mumbai 1 23rd October 2014 23:08
Prowash (Bangalore) - Exterior / Interior waterless cleaning at your doorstep Captain Slow Bangalore 17 5th June 2012 12:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks