Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 08:02   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Call Drivers - Top4 (Chennai)

Top4 Call Drivers

Services
-Drivers on Hourly/Daily/Weekly and Monthly basis

I have used them 3 to 4 times in the last two months and they do a good job

You need to call them at least an hour before the need so that driver is on time

Price : Depends on your car,Yes price vary for categories like Normal/Luxury/High Luxury

Pros
Uniformed Drivers
On time service (My experience)
If Driver doesnt come in uniform ,you can deduct 100 Rs
Belongs to Fast Tack Call Taxi Group
I guess they are coming up with online booking


Cons
Once the driver was late by 15 mins otherwise nothing

Contact
Top 4 Call Taxi Drivers

Last edited by joshguy : 29th June 2010 at 08:03.
joshguy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 09:09   #2
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

I had just gone through the website! Seem to be good and perfect if you want to travel in the passenger's seat

@Joshguy, can you give a feedback on how they handle the car? I have seen some drivers who do things which you never ever immagined *i guess you understand what I am saying*

-> One instance was when I had to wash the entire car using a shampoo since the entire car was stinking! other instance was, when the driver put the AC in full blast with the engine turned on when we had gone to the wedding and returned back!
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 20:15   #3
BHPian
 
classicselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Thanks for sharing the info.
A friend of mine is in need of driver. Will inform him and also provide feedback, when used.
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 20:32   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I had just gone through the website! Seem to be good and perfect if you want to travel in the passenger's seat

@Joshguy, can you give a feedback on how they handle the car? I have seen some drivers who do things which you never ever immagined *i guess you understand what I am saying*

-> One instance was when I had to wash the entire car using a shampoo since the entire car was stinking! other instance was, when the driver put the AC in full blast with the engine turned on when we had gone to the wedding and returned back!
It purely depends on the driver who is assigned to you .I dont use driver,only my DAD uses their service and i book for dad.Till now drivers were good.

Even Today i booked for a driver at 9.30.first a fellow (who was assigned to us)called up and asked me how long it would take and all,I didnt like him so called up the TOP4 and asked for another one and they accepted it.So no problem on service front

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Thanks for sharing the info.
A friend of mine is in need of driver. Will inform him and also provide feedback, when used.
It my pleasure !
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 21:19   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,115 Times
Default

I feel their tariff should be improved little.
Looking at the hourly tariff, it says the below for normal cars
First 4 hours - 175
Extra Per Hour - 30

Now compare this with the daily tariff, it says the below for normal cars
Minimum 12 hours - 415
Extra Per Hour - 30

Assume I'd hired a driver on hourly tariff & extended for 8 more hours. The payment works to 175 + 240 (Rs 30 X 8 Hours) = 415 which is same as daily tariff for 12 hours. Now, if I would hire a guy for 12 hours (daily basis) shouldn't I be given a little discount compared to initially hiring for 4 hours & then extending?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 14:19   #6
BHPian
 
redsfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 297
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

This Saturday I made a booking at 10.00 am for the guy to show up at 3.00 pm and I call them back at 3.30 pm because the guy hasnt shown up and all I hear is " Saary Saar all booked no drivers please adjust". I let them know what I thought of their services and all i hear is "Saary Saar please adjust".
redsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 22:37   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
This Saturday I made a booking at 10.00 am for the guy to show up at 3.00 pm and I call them back at 3.30 pm because the guy hasnt shown up and all I hear is " Saary Saar all booked no drivers please adjust". I let them know what I thought of their services and all i hear is "Saary Saar please adjust".
This has not happened to me till date,sorry about it dude

They would have sent you an SMS with drivers number as soon as you book ,didnt they? you could have directly called them
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 16:26   #8
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 199 Times
Default

sounds like this service has its ups and down. I might be using it in the near future. Lets see how it turns up.

Do these drivers come with ID cards.?
Do you people retain their drivers license before letting your precious vehicle with your family be driven off.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 22:14   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
sounds like this service has its ups and down. I might be using it in the near future. Lets see how it turns up.

Do these drivers come with ID cards.?
Do you people retain their drivers license before letting your precious vehicle with your family be driven off.
They dont come with ID (i guess) but they do come in uniform,if they dont then you are required to deduct 150Rs form the fee

And you cannot retain their driving licence,these drivers are not employees of Top4 .
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 10:40   #10
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 199 Times
Default

Then with what guarantee are you gonna let these guys touch your car.
What if they bang into something and it is totally their mistake?
Whats the credibility of these drivers.
Seriously i will never trust this system.

I appoint all my drivers by asking them to surrender their drivers license to me.
I guess everyone should strictly follow that.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 15:07   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I appoint all my drivers by asking them to surrender their drivers license to me.
I guess everyone should strictly follow that.
Have you surrendered your passport and ration card and PAN card to your employer as well?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 12:09   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,772
Thanked: 1,166 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Then with what guarantee are you gonna let these guys touch your car.
What if they bang into something and it is totally their mistake?
Whats the credibility of these drivers.
Seriously i will never trust this system.

I appoint all my drivers by asking them to surrender their drivers license to me.
I guess everyone should strictly follow that.

I think for the 150-200 odd Rupees that one pays to them for the 4-5 hrs of work put, asking for the above is a bit too much !

also in the traffici conditions of the average Indian City, its very difficult to judge whose mistake it is when a minor accident happens..

be realistic on your expections or simply dont use such services
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 14:06   #13
BHPian
 
prithvi_seln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 72
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Folks i have used their service twice when my dad required to go out
1st was for my scorpio we used him for 8 hours - only one -ve the driver didnt wear a uniform and my dad didnt deduct 100rs since he drove the car very carefully
2nd was for my i10 the driver arrived on time and we used him for 5 hours both the instances the service levels were satisfactory.
prithvi_seln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 14:15   #14
BHPian
 
vineetmanghani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi <---> Chennai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Call Drivers - Top4 (Chennai)

Guys I'm looking for a driver to drop my wife to the office in the morning, and bring her back in the evening. One way distance from our home to her office is about 1 hour. I called up the Top4 guys and they have quoted me 5.5k for morning and evening pick and drop. The same driver will be picking and dropping everyday.

Do you think it's safe to employ such a driver? And do you think it is worth this money? Let me know your inputs.

Cheers,
Vineet
vineetmanghani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 21:02   #15
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Call Drivers - Top4 (Chennai)

Vineetmangani>> a full time driver in chennai cost you 7,000/- so i think the cost they quoted is very steep, on the other hand the driver even though he is handling only twice a day cannot be alloted for someother job due to time constraints,so it becomes a fulltime job for him so its better for you to have a fulltime driver IMO.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 30th December 2010 at 21:10.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DriversKart.com - Drivers on call joecherian Shifting gears 2 2nd October 2015 13:14
Goondaism by call center taxi drivers Wheeliej Commercial Vehicles 104 18th October 2012 12:40
On call drivers!! LandCruiser The Indian Car Scene 0 4th December 2006 12:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks