Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Old 2nd August 2010, 12:11   #16
BHPian

Thanks Karthik. I will have a look at Xenos. I guess they have one in Usman road and the other in Mount road (next to YMCA). Let me have a look.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 15:34   #17
BHPian

I just enquired with Choice Seat Zone. He has got two sets:

Autofoam & Jackspeed: Autofoam - UCross is 3800 rs and Jackspeed is around 3500 rs for i10 - Black (either with Silver/Red lining). Could any of the members share their experience wrt Jackspeed seat covers?
Old 26th August 2010, 15:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I just enquired with Choice Seat Zone. He has got two sets:

Autofoam & Jackspeed: Autofoam - UCross is 3800 rs and Jackspeed is around 3500 rs for i10 - Black (either with Silver/Red lining). Could any of the members share their experience wrt Jackspeed seat covers?
The jackspeed covers have held up very well in my car for 2 years now. Although it must be noted that they are probably only entry level art leather seat covers.
Personally I was very impressed with the work at xenos. I saw a lot of snaps of the cars they hd done the other day when I went to buy turtle wax. For around 7k, their autoform seat covers are very impressively done.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 16:00   #19
BHPian

Pras, this particular trim - UCROSS from autfoam is quoted at 3.8k by choice seat zone. But the same was quoted for 6.5k (+500 rs for fitting) by another dealer near my house. I am confused since there cant be more than 3k difference for the same Autofoam trim.
Old 26th August 2010, 16:23   #20
BANNED

Guys, I am looking for seat covers for my Vista. Could someone recommend a good store please?
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 18:20   #21
BHPian

roadracer, when are you planning to get your covers? I plan this saturday to checkout Choice Seat Zone. Let us see how it works out.
Old 26th August 2010, 21:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Pras, this particular trim - UCROSS from autfoam is quoted at 3.8k by choice seat zone. But the same was quoted for 6.5k (+500 rs for fitting) by another dealer near my house. I am confused since there cant be more than 3k difference for the same Autofoam trim.
Choice seat zone is not a retailer per se. They deal in whole sale for various car dealerships around Chennai in jackspeed and other brands.
Hence the lower rates.
Old 26th August 2010, 21:48   #23
BHPian

Pras, if that is the case then the prices are a real steal. I would go tomorrow to check out the cost and range. I plan to get UCROSS - Black color. *My OE seat covers are getting very dirty* I would fix an appointment on saturday and get them fitted.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Pras, if that is the case then the prices are a real steal. I would go tomorrow to check out the cost and range. I plan to get UCROSS - Black color. *My OE seat covers are getting very dirty* I would fix an appointment on saturday and get them fitted.
I must also tell you, that the cost also indicates the fact that while the work they do is good, it might not be as brilliant as certain other places.
While I had a decent experience with him, there are others who have not expressed the same opinion. I would recommend you see his work on a couple of cars before you finalize.
Old 27th August 2010, 21:57   #25
BANNED

Quote:
roadracer, when are you planning to get your covers? I plan this saturday to checkout Choice Seat Zone. Let us see how it works out.
MutantX, I am out of station currently and was planning to visit few shops from the 2nd week of September. Pls let me know the feedback after your visit.
Old 30th August 2010, 16:14   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
MutantX, I am out of station currently and was planning to visit few shops from the 2nd week of September. Pls let me know the feedback after your visit.
MutantX, Did you visit the shop? Pls share your review about the quality and the tariff. I would visit this weekend.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:44   #27
BHPian

Whats really the point if you have to waste all your time and end up with something unsatisfied.
Not at any price lesser, may be paying more.

I would definitely not let anyone touch my cars in Chennai.
They rip you up for nothing.

Wouldn't mind a trip to Bangalore.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 11:43   #28
BHPian

Can anyone tell me whats the best place to get the leather steering done in chennai. and art leather seating.
And it should be a perfect fit, no wrinkling.
Hate it.
I got it done in bangalore last time. Awesome work on my santro.
Miss bangalore.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 19:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I've been there twice. the prices are approximately twice that of outside

Number Plate (High security thing) - 2500 (its 800-1100 outside)
Seat cover 9k
Formula 1 - 420 (220 - 260 outside)
Car cover - 2500
Rubber mat - 1400

Even ES100 were 800 more than outside.

Do keep this in mind.
Me too visited Haute Car Zone, i feel all the items are priced minimum double than outside.
Due to urgency purchased a multi charger for Rs 320 where it is Rs 150 out side. Same product.
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 19:37   #30
BHPian

#Haute Car Zone is mega overpriced. You could buy them from outside for a fraction of the price. And not knowledgeable too. The guy keeps trailing you like you're going to shoplift anytime.

#Xenos - workmanship is good, but stuff is overpriced. But that price includes labour, so maybe for peace of mind its fine. He showed me some PU seats and they looked good. Although costed 7k.

I'm on the lookout for car seats too.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote