Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Old 6th September 2010, 22:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

I am getting BA Pro60SE/Kappa4 and JBL 1214GTO sub from my previous setup installed in my Fiesta on 13 Sep. My vehicle is currently running stock speakers with a Alpine 9887 HU and waiting for the Pro60SE & Kappa4 to reach me this weekend!

Gilead was refering to a setup in my friend's Linea.

Last edited by anachronix : 6th September 2010 at 22:57.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 02:12   #32
BHPian

Wow, BA Pro60SE, that is a wonderful component set. Congrats dude.
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am getting BA Pro60SE/Kappa4 and JBL 1214GTO sub from my previous setup installed in my Fiesta on 13 Sep.
I can already imagine how hard this set up will hit. Get a Kicker or ID sub and it will be perfect. Your car and the Linea going for install on the same day?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am getting BA Pro60SE/Kappa4 and JBL 1214GTO sub from my previous setup installed in my Fiesta on 13 Sep. My vehicle is currently running stock speakers with a Alpine 9887 HU and waiting for the Pro60SE & Kappa4 to reach me this weekend!

Gilead was refering to a setup in my friend's Linea.
Wow, cool set up Arun. Heard Boston Pro's are damn good (and damn Expensive)

Congrats, 13th is a Monday, else i would love to join you guys for the install
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:55   #35
BHPian

Wow!, offlate I see quite of lot ICE nuts of the highest order (including me) in this part of the country and especially ford fiesta owners (both present & future). If observed carefully, no one setup is similar to the other (in terms of brand) which is good in a way for would-be ICE nuts. They get a plethora of setups for audition.

Good pick of equipments anachronix.

Due to work related engagement I missed out on all meets , looking forward to get an audition of all the latest & work in progress setups by Gilead, anachronix, Mi10, Phoenix and Pr_007.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 13:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Anachronix, those Boston Acoustics bass test tracks you gave me are killer man. They really exposed my sub and lack of damping on the front doors. I have never heard such low frequencies before. Also heard some mild GRR sounds from the front doors for the first time during the woofer excursion test. Some of the frequencies were so low they made my skin crawl. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Wow!, offlate I see quite of lot ICE nuts of the highest order (including me) in this part of the country and especially ford fiesta owners (both present & future). If observed carefully, no one setup is similar to the other (in terms of brand) which is good in a way for would-be ICE nuts. They get a plethora of setups for audition.
Are you still stuck in the research infinite loop?

Last edited by Gilead : 7th September 2010 at 13:49.
Old 7th September 2010, 14:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Get a Kicker or ID sub and it will be perfect.
+1, If budget permits look for a new sub possibly from the Harman family, perhaps the Infinity 120.9W, Infinity Kappa 120.9W 12" Kappa Series SSI Subwoofer

Fellow bhpian Invinsible had given a glowing review of this sub.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...er-review.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Are you still stuck in the research infinite loop?
Yup, but offlate been very busy with work plus the lack of a new ride has slowed things down.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 15:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Yup, but offlate been very busy with work plus the lack of a new ride has slowed things down.
Get on with the latest fad in town. Get all your Equipments and then decide the car
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 18:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Heard Boston Pro's are damn good (and damn Expensive)
Hey Praveen, "expensive" and "damn expensive" such words from you. Now this is unbelievable.

What do you says Guys???
Old 13th September 2010, 08:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Posting this on behalf of Godseed1670 as he is unable to post at the moment. He had installed ICE on his Baleno at Tecknocrat and he had been suffering with shoddy wiring, weird noises and horrible SQ. His car was re-wired and tuned at Power Zone on friday. He says it sounds incredible now.

On another note, a new ICE/Tuning shop called The Driven has opened right next to my house near the Anna Nagar Tower Park. The owner Arun is a Gypsy rally driver from Coimbatore and he says he works closely with Red Rooster and Kari Motorsports. He deals with all kinds of ICE and aftermarket performance products. He has two fully modified cars standing here. A rally Lancer capable of touching 197 kmph and a modified Swift. He offered to let me TD the Lancer and I am taking it up this weekend. It sounds sweet and from what I have seen, it's very quick as wel.

Last edited by Gilead : 13th September 2010 at 08:27.
Gilead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 09:36   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Any idea on how good Haute Car Zone is with Stanley Leather Seat Covers? A friend of mine is in talks with them. Apparently Stanley Leather-Bangalore says that HCZ is the only place where we can get this done in Chennai.
Stanley has an outlet at Khadar Nawaz Khan road. There are some reviews avlbl here in TBHP as well.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 22:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

I have got the ICE installation in my Fiesta 1.6S done by Power Zone. A well deserved feedback here about PowerZone!

The setup:
1. Alpine 9887
2. Boston Pro60SE
3. Infinity Kappa 4
4. JBL GT5-12 (It not a 1214 as I mentioned earlier)
5. Kicker RCAs for the sub

Things that I like:
1. A very professional installation by Saravanan & his team.
2. Saravanan has got the knowledge and takes the pain to understand the expectations of his customer and fulfill the same. I tortured him for a good 2 hours to get the HU tuned to my taste!
3. He doesnt try to sell his stuff on you. I am sure most of us hate it. But he has this heavy inclination towards MTX & Kicker speaker systems and simply enjoys explaining the goods about this product. Call it bias, but each and every one of us are biased towards some brand and go gaga about it. I find nothing wrong in that!
4. Takes his time in doing a clean install. I guess he takes 1 or 2 jobs in a day as mentioned earlier.

Things that I dont like:
1. Location. I was stuck in the corner of his street for a good 15 mins in a mini traffic block. Not a big concern, but it might keep some potential business away!

Overall feedback:
I would rate Saravanan and his work quality to a good 10/10

Highly Recommended!
anachronix is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 14:01   #43
BHPian

^^

Superb!. How about a new thread in showing off your equipments.
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 16:06   #44
BHPian

Anachronix, a setup like that needs a new thread and pis of your ICE. Please do the needful...
Old 19th September 2010, 19:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Anachronix gave me a demo of his new ICE the other evening. It's sounding sweet but not playing to its full potential. The sub is very out of place amongst the other superb components. Plus the doors have not been damped yet. Once the damping is done, the Alpine IMPRINT calibrated and the sub replaced, it's really going to rock. Anachronix has some mean plans for the sub which shall be revealed in due course.

And yes, this deserves a new thread in the ICE section.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th September 2010 at 20:05.