Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Old 19th September 2010, 23:14   #46
BHPian

Gilead, did you have an audition of sanjay's system at the track meet today?

How was the JVC performing and did you like the overall SQ of the setup???
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 07:57   #47
BHPian

Yday demo was limited to surround effect testing with Termintor 2 - Judgement Day to Gilead+family, Kishore, Naga & their friends.

Guys, you need to audition some good quality MP3s with this sometime. Yday night I sampled some audio CDs..to me it is crisp & clean. I can make out different instruments, vocals, lows, mids & highs cleanly. I am flummoxed by speakers being bright/laid back etc - no idea what they mean. For me, as long as I don't get headache after hearing for an extended time, it must be okay.

Little dissapointed with lack of DTS support but otherwise the HU has all that I wanted. I am not a fan of BT, but the system works like a charm with iphone.

16GB pendrive takes appx 10 secs to load and song starts playing from the point it was switched off last.

BTW, can I use the OEM HU+speakers in the office. As of now the staff is listening to some crappy mp3 player connected to computer speakers.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 11:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

The 5.1 demo in sanjay's car was too good. I would have seen T2 hundreds of times (including home theatre) and what I saw and heard yesterday blew me away. The sound of the individual bricks falling in the mall shootout was something I had never heard before. The JL misses absolutely nothing.

The Kicker is very good too. The rumble from the truck explosion scene was so low and deep that guys standing at the pits were asking me what the heck was happening inside the car.

I have to admit that the Kenwood is slightly better when it comes to sheer musical quality. But the JVC is better in almost everything else. Better resolution and ightning fast software. The Kenwood's software feels like Windows 95. Most sluggish HU I have ever seen in my life.

Sanjayc's got a rocking movie theater on wheels now.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 12:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I The Kenwood's software feels like Windows 95.
Apt comparo will be VISTA I guess. Windows 95 given the hardware Vista demands, will fly
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 12:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Apt comparo will be VISTA I guess. Windows 95 given the hardware Vista demands, will fly
Okay, enough discussion here. We want a separate thread in the ICE section with pics and the experience and everything.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:58   #51
BHPian

Default Just a simple upgrade

Ok so in between all the home theatres on wheels I got myself a very humble upgrade done yesterday at powerzone.
I had got the pioneer 5150 and polk db ovals sometime in feb or march.
Finally got around to picking up the polk db components. As always a clean finish and the sound is pretty awesome even without the amp.
Was messing with the tuning from the hu today morning and managed to bring it to my taste. Though I can vouch for the fact that the equalizer setting Saravana set yesterday was the one that made the speakers sound most balanced, albeit more tilted towards the vocals side. I have preserved that eq setting and used the other custom eq to boost the bass. Had reached Neelankarai on the ECR from Royapettah before I was finally satisfied!
Updates are here. Will post snaps later at night.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...e-details.html (Hyundai Verna CRDI Long term ownership report with complete service details)

Overall a thumbs up for Saravana's fitting skills and tuning skills. A special mention deserved for how he managed to use every last bit of the noisekill without wastage
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
As always a clean finish and the sound is pretty awesome even without the amp.
These are 100W RMS speakers right? Your HU is not even sending 15W RMS to them. Just imagine how they would sound if they were fed 100W RMS from an Auditor amp. And the other two channels can power a sub as well. Just about 10K more for the amp and sub and you will have a truly rocking set up.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:39   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
These are 100W RMS speakers right? Your HU is not even sending 15W RMS to them. Just imagine how they would sound if they were fed 100W RMS from an Auditor amp. And the other two channels can power a sub as well. Just about 10K more for the amp and sub and you will have a truly rocking set up.
I cant afford a sub. Might consider the auditor amp down the line. Still waiting to see a comparitive review between kenwood and auditor.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
I cant afford a sub. Might consider the auditor amp down the line. Still waiting to see a comparitive review between kenwood and auditor.
When you can afford it, get the 10 inch Blaupunkt sub that Mi10 has put in his Swift. It costs 4K with box. Add another 3K for amp+sub wiring plus install cost. You are looking at 13K in total. You could do it in phases but installation cost will be more.
Old 4th October 2010, 12:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

My bad experience with Powerzone here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ne-true-3.html
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 16:41   #56
BHPian

PowerZone is extremely professional and neat at work. Special care was taken during the install and more over since I was a newbie to ICE, Saravana took time to explain the basics and was meticulous during my setup. Below is my experience:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ng-oyster.html
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 16:09   #57
BHPian

Saravanan .. I was in touch with him for the past 45 days... the patience he exhibited to all my phone calls and queries were great, i had troubled him a lot on my budget revision and selection of items ... my god he spent 2 days, 14 hours for my 2 stage install with no complaints about me, since i was at the back of him all the time giving so said suggestions for the place of install for comps , roof monitor what not ... and atlast what an ICE i got for my taste with no extra noise .... even in the middle of the night. (i meant it was pin drop silence when the HU was on and no music was playing. (there was almost nill disturbance noise from the AMP)

Below is my thread for the details of my install
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post2096375
prithvi_seln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 11:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Got my brother's Polo's ICE done at PZ. As with my previous experiences, we returned happy from PZ. My brother's impressed with the way Saravana Prabhu explained stuff patiently and delivered what was promised.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 11:54   #59
BHPian

kiku007, how abt some pictures of the install. Please also list the components used. I would be upgrading my setup in a few months time, Saravana has suggested a few components which can be bought from the US.

Was Damping done on the Polo? how is the SQL?

Last edited by MutantX : 24th October 2010 at 11:55.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 12:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
kiku007, how abt some pictures of the install. Please also list the components used. I would be upgrading my setup in a few months time, Saravana has suggested a few components which can be bought from the US.

Was Damping done on the Polo? how is the SQL?
Grrr...I'm so bad with remembering those model numbers! I'll ask my bro.
HU - Alpine | Front Components - Kicker | Rear - Infinity | Amp - Auditor.

No damping done.

SQL - I'm no expert in that bro. Like I said earlier, it was good to us. When's the next meet? Hear for yourself.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote