Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Old 17th February 2013, 11:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

I got the Punto's rear bumper and one the Q panels painted here and the bill was a staggering 6k after negotiations.

Though the color match was perfect, I would not be visiting them again. Asked a quote for just repainting the hatch door and he quoted 3.5k, which is again a bit over the roof.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 11:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maintenance & Repairs : Bosch Car Care Centre (Vadapalani, Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I got the Punto's rear bumper and one the Q panels painted here and the bill was a staggering 6k after negotiations.

Though the color match was perfect, I would not be visiting them again. Asked a quote for just repainting the hatch door and he quoted 3.5k, which is again a bit over the roof.
The quote seems way too high. Did you enquire with the RDC? Have they started doing body works too?
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 23:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post

The quote seems way too high. Did you enquire with the RDC? Have they started doing body works too?
I have dropped the idea. RDCs body shop is still in progress and am waiting for it because they are to fix the dents they made on my car.
Old 7th March 2013, 11:04   #34
BHPian

I have been trying to write a review of this place, but lack of time I will just share these pictures. Paint job done on my ten yr old car.
Results are very nice. Work flow was organized.
I will soon write a detailed review of how the whole job was carried out and daily progress with photos.
The price is not negotiable. They have a set price for everything, not a road side mechanic but a proper service center.

Faded front bonnet
Maintenance & Repairs : Bosch Car Care Centre (Vadapalani, Chennai)-picture3.jpg

Battered body
Maintenance & Repairs : Bosch Car Care Centre (Vadapalani, Chennai)-picture1.jpg

The finish
Maintenance & Repairs : Bosch Car Care Centre (Vadapalani, Chennai)-20121205_090144.jpg
Maintenance & Repairs : Bosch Car Care Centre (Vadapalani, Chennai)-20121205_085956.jpg
Maintenance & Repairs : Bosch Car Care Centre (Vadapalani, Chennai)-20121205_090104.jpg

Last edited by Visaster : 7th March 2013 at 11:06.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 14:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

^ Nope. They don't have a price chart. The person says the quote only after seeing the car and the customer.

Sai colorium displays the price list openly so that customers can see it and take a call.

And yes sir, we know it is not a roadside shop and so are all other shops in comparison.
Old 11th March 2013, 18:08   #36
BHPian

I have once enquired for fixing up small dents and scratches in my Figo. A scratch cum dent of 2 inch length at rear door + a dent on rear quater panel + few scratches at bumper. The guy quoted me a whooping 12k, saying he needs to paint the whole door + the rear quarter panel.

So just dropped the plan of Bosch for this work. The same day i went for exterior foam wash, they charged me 500/-. I thought its way too high for this garage.

Now im sticking on 3M. I personally find its working out well for me in terms of pricing / professionalism / ambience.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 21:08   #37
BHPian

Any recent feedback experiences with Bosch car-care vadapalani for painting/tinkering job?

Looking for a garage either close to T.nagar or Kandanchavady, OMR. I feel CARS india Kottivakkam quote is very high and looking for independent garages for the job. Thanks!
concorde24 is offline   Reply With Quote