Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles in India


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 10:28   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: kolkata
Posts: 927
Thanked: 19 Times
Smile Force Motors Cruiser Classic

Hi All,

Today I saw a Force Motors Cruiser Classic onroad, here in Kolkata. I really like what I saw, to me it resembles the Hummer, but then again that's completely my opinion. I immediately searched the website and this is the link to the product page.
http://www.forcemotors.com/html/resu...&type=1&root=1

Please check the same out and let me know your views, there is also another link where a closer look is provided in pdf format, here it is
http://forcemotors.com/media/downloads/Cruiser9+D.pdf

It looks very roomy inside and looks like a MUV that has a lot of potential for external and internal mods, don't know much about the engine though.

Has any bhpian owned of driven one of these? are they more visible in other cities in India, this was the only one I have seen so far in Kolkata.

Please share your views about this huge MUV.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th October 2007, 11:44   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
amtak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai - The city of Sea Link!!!
Posts: 2,624
Thanked: 197 Times
Default

Its in existence since long....Used as an alternative to buses between Mumbai-Pune and the drivers prefer to call it Mini-VOLVO!

I have travelled in the Cruiser many a times, the engine is oooh la la...but the interiors are nothing to write about. Reminds me of my school days when I sat on benches in 10th std and they were for kids of 6th std. very uncomfortable.

Last edited by amtak : 5th October 2007 at 11:46.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 12:08   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta/London
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 285 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Its in existence since long....Used as an alternative to buses between Mumbai-Pune and the drivers prefer to call it Mini-VOLVO!

I have travelled in the Cruiser many a times, the engine is oooh la la...but the interiors are nothing to write about. Reminds me of my school days when I sat on benches in 10th std and they were for kids of 6th std. very uncomfortable.
As far as I remember, the engine is derived from Mercedes.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 13:39   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,732
Thanked: 381 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Hi All,

Today I saw a Force Motors Cruiser Classic onroad, here in Kolkata. I really like what I saw, to me it resembles the Hummer, but then again that's completely my opinion. I immediately searched the website and this is the link to the product page.
http://www.forcemotors.com/html/resu...&type=1&root=1

Please check the same out and let me know your views, there is also another link where a closer look is provided in pdf format, here it is
http://forcemotors.com/media/downloads/Cruiser9+D.pdf

It looks very roomy inside and looks like a MUV that has a lot of potential for external and internal mods, don't know much about the engine though.

Has any bhpian owned of driven one of these? are they more visible in other cities in India, this was the only one I have seen so far in Kolkata.

Please share your views about this huge MUV.
hey,
force classic has been a vehicle of class which is not challenged yet by any manufacturer. Mahindras ofcourse have thier festera but no one can seat comfortably 13 people like force classic can!! ALso in its full load it handles better than any other MUV. I had a chance to ride in that some time back, engine was reasonably refined but couldnt do more than 95 kmph with full load. Reasonable enough for a daily commuter i say. Force in its website also offers a 4x4 option with p/s. Well if they do it in the real, this Should be a good option for explorers carrying lots of luggage to trasverse hostile terrain ala defender 130/110!

vinod
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 14:17   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DL-6C/MH-31
Posts: 1,465
Thanked: 168 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
As far as I remember, the engine is derived from Mercedes.
Yes Its Mercedes Derived engine.Its based on 0M616 engine family ,was used 1970's & 80's.
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 21:44   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 3,684
Thanked: 781 Times
Default

An antiquated OM616 which Mercedes wouldn't touch in a modern day. But heard force was manufacturing the OM611, isn't it using this on any vehicle, especially the traveller.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 14:55   #7
BHPian
 
lordofgondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UP 16
Posts: 936
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

This vehicle definitely looks interesting. I am planning to buy me an offroader in a few months time, so I would appreciate any feedback(s) and pictures from present owners. I was just going through the specs and comparing them with those of Bolero and Scorpio. The Cruiser seems to equal the Bolero in terms of power factor and scores big time on ground clearance, rather its min. ground clearance is pretty impressive at 210 mm.
Lastly, any idea on the price anybody?
lordofgondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally something for the cruiser market: Garware Motors to re-launch the Aquila..! ronrocky Motorbikes 7 30th January 2013 07:23
Force Motors (including Force One 4x4) @ Auto Expo 2012 GTO The Indian Car Scene 31 17th December 2012 23:46
Force Motors Launched Force Trip Mini Van KMohanan Commercial Vehicles in India 13 1st September 2011 10:19
New premium SUV from Force Motors lazy The Indian Car Scene 18 19th August 2011 19:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com