Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles in India


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2012, 12:01   #2326
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 653 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
These buses will come to Gandhipuram bus stand or Ukkadam?
Few of them do come in - like the Bangalore-Palakkad S.Dlx of KeSRTC, Bangalore-Palakkad/Thrissur Airavat Club Class (KaSRTC), etc. There is a bus every 30 minutes from Gandhipuram towards Palakkad from 0330hrs as well.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote

Old 9th November 2012, 15:19   #2327
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 394 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
These buses will come to Gandhipuram bus stand or Ukkadam?
Please don't expect any long trip KeSRTC buses at Gandhipuram as they are running full due to weekend/holiday and the chances of passengers getting down at Coimbatore in a KeSRTC is very little.

Better look for Palakkad bus either from Gandhipuram/Ukkadam.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 20:35   #2328
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 353
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

There are uevery half an hour or so from 4 AM at Gandhipuram for KeSRTC with the first one being a TRV Superfast.. So just go therre , go to the KeSRTC counter ask and get a "coupon" for 5 rs which they will write a seat no. Do this even if the bus is already parked and seems to have a lot of empty seats, else at the very last minute some other pax will turn up , flash his/her coupon at you and out you get (not exactly out- u can still travel standing if there are no other emoy seats )

Also if you are lucky you can still get a private bus - (the agents will find you - you dont have to find them) going to Ernakulam which comes from Bangalrore and especially Chennai. Unlike Bangalore, many of the Chennai Kerala buses do have a lot of people gtting down at Coimbatore and a few operators like Parveen has most/if not all buses going to Coimbatore terminating in Kerala. Howeve they will prefer Ernakulam or Trichur passengers first. Another operator like Parveen which has buses going onwards is Universal who has services from Pondicherry/Velankkani .
TKMCE is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 22:37   #2329
BHPian
 
ontheroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KL-01/KL-08
Posts: 215
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Hi, Does KSRTC have frequent service between Calicut - Kannur. I dont like to travel in private buses. I remember ksrtc had TT buses years back in that route.Are those schedules still running?
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 08:57   #2330
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 653 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hi, Does KSRTC have frequent service between Calicut - Kannur. I dont like to travel in private buses. I remember ksrtc had TT buses years back in that route.Are those schedules still running?
They still run - the frequency is around 10~15 minutes.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 09:05   #2331
BHPian
 
ontheroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KL-01/KL-08
Posts: 215
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks

They still run - the frequency is around 10~15 minutes.
Thanks Binaiks. Does it start from ksrtc stand or moffisil pvt stand?
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 09:45   #2332
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 653 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Thanks Binaiks. Does it start from ksrtc stand or moffisil pvt stand?
From Calicut - they start from the Mofussil Bus Station (Private)

From Kannur - they start at the New BS (Private) - the one near the railway station. Some buses start from the KSRTC BS, but they come to the Private BS as well.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:55   #2333
BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Guruvayoor/Chen
Posts: 352
Thanked: 176 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
Also if you are lucky you can still get a private bus - (the agents will find you - you dont have to find them) going to Ernakulam which comes from Bangalrore and especially Chennai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Better look for Palakkad bus either from Gandhipuram/Ukkadam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Few of them do come in - like the Bangalore-Palakkad S.Dlx of KeSRTC, Bangalore-Palakkad/Thrissur Airavat Club Class (KaSRTC), etc. There is a bus every 30 minutes from Gandhipuram towards Palakkad from 0330hrs as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
If u reach Palakkad, u will get plenty of buses to Guruvayur both KSRTC and Private. KSRTC will take lesser time.
Thanks a ton, guys. I reached Gandhipuram bus stand at 5:05AM, as soon as reached, one KSRTC bus to Palakkad left. I looked around, to check any other bus was available, then I found a Kallada bus opposite to the bus stand, went and enquired, they had 3 seat vacant, paid 250Rs and they dropped me at Sakthan bus stand at 8:00. There was a heavy traffic block near Kuthiran(near the bridge), lost around half an hour there. Got a limited stop from Sakthan and reached home at 9:30.

Dad and Mom were surprised to see me. At last, a successful surprise visit .
ecenandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 12:43   #2334
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 353
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

News report in Manorama online just now about an accident at Perundurai near Coimbatore early today morning. 2 people including the driver died. Bus involved in the collision with a loorry as per the report is Yatra Volvo from Bangalore to Kottarakkara. Does Yatra have a service to Kottarakkara??? Alsoas per report accident happened at 3 AM. If it is a Kottarkara service isnt 3 AM a little too late to reach Perundurai???

Last edited by TKMCE : 11th November 2012 at 12:44.
TKMCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 12:53   #2335
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 110
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

There is a news that the Viji_yatra Multi from BLR to Kottarakkara met with an accident today morning near CBE and two people died including the bus driver. The news is that the bus hit on the rear of a cement truck near Perundurai.
Lot of people are admitted to the near by hospital.

News source :- Manorama and Mathrubhumi.
shalini_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 12:55   #2336
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 110
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
News report in Manorama online just now about an accident at Perundurai near Coimbatore early today morning. 2 people including the driver died. Bus involved in the collision with a loorry as per the report is Yatra Volvo from Bangalore to Kottarakkara. Does Yatra have a service to Kottarakkara??? Alsoas per report accident happened at 3 AM. If it is a Kottarkara service isnt 3 AM a little too late to reach Perundurai???
Yes, they have service to Kotarakkara and start late from BLR around 8.30PM and is no stop service via EKM, Kottayam. I have availed their service and they used to reach EKM by 5.15 to 5.30AM and Chengannur by 7.30AM.
shalini_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 14:25   #2337
BHPian
 
Kaumad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 109
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Had the worst expereince this past weekend.
We booked a Chennai - Bangalore trip on redbus.in and we choose Oscar Travels [Jabbar National]. We were asked to report at the Besant Nagar pick up point at 0630. The bus turned up only at 0730. We get in and realise that the seat numbers during booking is just a farce - 3/4ths of the bus is full and we end up sitting somewhere at the back. After picking us up, we are taken on a sight-seeing tour all over Chennai and finally the bus leaves Koyambedu at 0930. Reach Hosur at around 1330 and there is a huge traffic jam! Our man decides to take another route through Anekal and we reach Silk Board junction at 1500!!
On top of this the guys are very rude and he did not bother to stop anywhere for a break - most of the people had not had breakfast, luckily we had packed a couple sandwiches, which we ate.
Aboslutely pathetic service!!
Kaumad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 16:35   #2338
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 653 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
Had the worst expereince this past weekend.
We booked a Chennai - Bangalore trip on redbus.in and we choose Oscar Travels [Jabbar National]. We were asked to report at the Besant Nagar pick up point at 0630. The bus turned up only at 0730. We get in and realise that the seat numbers during booking is just a farce - 3/4ths of the bus is full and we end up sitting somewhere at the back. After picking us up, we are taken on a sight-seeing tour all over Chennai and finally the bus leaves Koyambedu at 0930. Reach Hosur at around 1330 and there is a huge traffic jam! Our man decides to take another route through Anekal and we reach Silk Board junction at 1500!!
Was this a bus with "Jabbar-National" stickering, or some other bus? Oscar Travels, as such, has very good rating and passenger feedback. They operate two buses on their own (leased from Neeta). Jabbar-National is a joint venture between Jabbar Travels (Hyderabad) and National Travels (Bangalore). The issue is that, many operators open more than one "chart" on RedBus - the end result is that most seat end up having double bookings and the passengers end up having to take whatever seat remains.

If you see more than one "chart" for the same bus in RedBus - beware!
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 16:44   #2339
BHPian
 
Kaumad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 109
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Was this a bus with "Jabbar-National" stickering, or some other bus? Oscar Travels, as such, has very good rating and passenger feedback. They operate two buses on their own (leased from Neeta). Jabbar-National is a joint venture between Jabbar Travels (Hyderabad) and National Travels (Bangalore). The issue is that, many operators open more than one "chart" on RedBus - the end result is that most seat end up having double bookings and the passengers end up having to take whatever seat remains.

If you see more than one "chart" for the same bus in RedBus - beware!
Good point you made about the multiple charts - I did check and there was just one for this trip timing. Although, you never know.
This bus was with the Jabbar National stickering - in fact this was also mentioned on the redbus.in website in brackets next to Oscar. I would have been ok with it as long as they stuck to the timings.
Kaumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 19:07   #2340
BHPian
 
DWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 610
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
Had the worst expereince this past weekend.
We booked a Chennai - Bangalore trip on redbus.in and we choose Oscar Travels [Jabbar National].
Hope you tried KSRTC? I think KSRTC is better bet for daytime travels. Atleast they will be more reliable than Private guys during the day.
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Siddhivinayak Logistics gets first Scania Metrolink intercity luxury bus JayPrashanth Commercial Vehicles in India 45 10th April 2014 12:02
Buy a Car or Use the Bus? Weekly 500 kms Intercity Drive sudipta What Car? 37 30th June 2013 11:16
Intercity Bus Operations - Bubble waiting to burst? Ashley2 Commercial Vehicles in India 38 27th January 2013 13:06
POLL: Your dealmaker for an Intercity Bus Trip TheARUN Commercial Vehicles in India 15 1st September 2012 05:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks