Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 14th July 2011, 13:34   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Genio DC (Double Cab) Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
for a second there i was confused, with the thread's title there, i was beginning to think if Dilip Chabria (DC) version of the truck was here, or M&M colloborated with DC to get this one out as a life style vehicle.

mods please edit the thread title, its a little confusing.

i like the way this one looks, hope this one has a A/C unlike the previous genio.

Actually in an ironic way the title is apt. The vehicle looks like it was designed by DC . Why are the new crop of Mahindra vehicles so ugly - Gio, Genio, Maxximo? Somehow, after the original Scorpio their designers seem to have lost their way.

Last edited by John : 14th July 2011 at 13:35.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 13:40   #17
BHPian

A first glance on this, looks to be a modified from the platform of Mahindra Xylo. This will be very useful for entrepreneurs who have short deliverables. Looks decent to me.
Awaiting Mahindra’s pricing to fall in the moderate range.
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 13:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
A first glance on this, looks to be a modified from the platform of Mahindra Xylo. This will be very useful for entrepreneurs who have short deliverables. Looks decent to me.
Awaiting Mahindra’s pricing to fall in the moderate range.
Well, it looks like a modified Xylo, because it is a modified Xylo. It even has a slightly detuned version of the Xylo D2 engine.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 14:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well, I for one, like what is being offered here, albeit partially. They need to better integrate the loading bay with the rest of the body, aka Xenon, and this can sell in very good numbers. From the way it looks right now, I do not see any personal segment buyer even giving it a consideration.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 18:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
They need to better integrate the loading bay with the rest of the body, aka Xenon, and this can sell in very good numbers. From the way it looks right now, I do not see any personal segment buyer even giving it a consideration.
The corrugated loadbay is more suited for commercial load bearing application
and especially so for our conditions where there is 75% chance that the load would be in an unpacked form.
But it's definitely an eyesore and hope that Mahindra offers a more finished civilian loadbay as an option.
p.s-The Xenon too has a corrugated loadbay as an option in international markets.
DicKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 16:51   #21

Here you go... the website for the Genio Double Cab:
:: Mahindra Genio DC ::
MobileThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 09:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Multi-purpose Vehicle

Finally, We have a vehicle where you can load up one of these Campers and go out on your own expeditions saving tons on Hotel room rents.
Attached Images

TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 22:26   #23
BHPian

I think the Genio commercial & double cab are amongst the first decent looking vehicles from the M&M stable in a long time. After the Scorpio I think M&m totally seemed to have lost the plot. Anyways the Genio range is pretty decent, if u choose to ignore the quality levels & vehicle craftsmanship. I think M&M have a pretty defunct Craftsmanship team.

But what the Genio loses out in Quality it makes up in cost. So even though no one in the personal transport segment might bother about this vehicle, it might prove to be perfect for the kind of people looking to buy a sturdy farm go-about.

Hope the W201 or whatever M&M intends to call their soon to be launched global SUV, changes the ugly vehicle trend for M&M.
Azzkikr is offline   Reply With Quote