Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 23rd December 2014, 10:43   #211

Default Re: Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread

I had a terrible experience with Ola Cabs in Gurgaon, attached is the mail which I sent to their CustomerSupport and am yet awaiting an apology from their side:

Hi Team,

I had the worst ever experience of Taxi Booking last night. I booked a cab through Ola in Gurgaon at 8:30 PM and the application showed that the driver would be arriving in 11 minutes.
I instantly got a call from the driver and he asked me about my location and the destination and told me that he was struck somewhere and will be taking 25 minutes. I was ok with that and told him that I am willing to wait as I did not have any other way to head home. I got a message from Ola which said: “Your can is on its way and we expect a potential delay of 10 mins”. Within minutes I got another message which said “Your cab has arrived, hop on to have an awesome experience”.

I was happy to read that but this happiness was not for long. Instantly I got one more message which said “We regret to inform the cancellation of your booking”. I was shocked to see this. I called the Driver repeatedly but the driver was not picking up the call and then after some time his phone was switched off.

I tried calling the Ola customer care thrice, every time they said they will arrange a call back in next 10 mins. I was in mid of nowhere waiting there for a cab for almost 45 minutes by then on a chilly winter night and then I am told that the booking is cancelled? It was freezing cold and I was not even carrying proper winter wear thinking I would be taking a cab back home.

I was lucky to have friends who waited with me, what would have happened if they would have left after seeing the confirmation message of the booking or even the cab arriving? Is this how you treat your customers? Leave them stranded in middle of nowhere and telling all lies???

I live in San Francisco and I have been using Uber for quite some time. I choose Ola rather than Uber whenever I am in India just because it is an Indian Startup and I wanted to do my bit to help it grow. But I was completely wrong, YOU GUYS DON’T DESERVE IT. YOU DO NOT KNOW A,B, C of customer service and ARE JUST SIMPLE COPY CATS AND THAT TOO WHERE YOU CANNOT COPY THE GOOD THINGS!!!!!

I sincerely pity for the people who are using your service and wish them good luck so that they don’t get killed/robbed when they are left stranded like this by the India largest Cab Aggregator.
Attached the pics of all the messages I got from OLA.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread-img_2955.jpg  

Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread-img_2956.jpg  

ritwikdey28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 14:58   #212
Senior - BHPian

TaxiForSure is for sure changing, from bad to worse. I had to travel (with family) from Electronics City area to Bangalore City RS on Saturday. I had booked the cab on Friday morning hours itself. Got an SMS that the driver details would be announced 15 mins before departure time (which itself is a bit risky).

On Saturday, I got the message 15 minutes prior, but I don't see the vehicle landing up at all. In all previous cases the drivers reached before time and called me. I called the mobile phone provided, and the driver responded in that typical Bengaluru cabbie style that he is not interested to pick me up and I can call back the TaxiForSure Control. TaxiForSure suddenly reached the same level of the Bengaluru Auto rickshaw crowd.

I called up Taxi For Sure Call centre twice, and other than promising me another car they could nothing else. Time was running fast. They gave no commitment on another car, and asked me to wait for 20-25 minutes.

Finally I decided to walk with my family to the nearest bus stop where a VOLVO bus was standing . Boarded it, and reached City RS 10 minutes before the train's departure. I used to book these cabs mainly thinking about my baby daughter, so that she can travel comfortably. In this journey she did not make any fuss and enjoyed the travel. So now seriously thinking about using BMTC Volvos.

The recent drive against the "Taxi Integrators" seems to be taking its toll on TaxiForSure and others. They too are not a very reliable service.
sachinpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 14:27   #213
BHPian

Meru have introduced 'Flexi' services for travel outside city limits. They use third party state permit cabs for that. They also send these flexi cabs to those who book the regular Meru sedans in case the Meru sedans aren't available.

The problem is, if you book it through an app, you won't come to know if it's a Flexi cab or not till the cab reaches your pickup point.

The pricing model is also different. The minimum charge for Flexi is Rs.200/8km as opposed to Rs.80/4km of the regular sedans.

Yesterday I booked a sedan. This flexi cab came. The cab didn't have the Meru display device inside. He was using a mobile phone for metering like other operators. The cab cleanliness was also not upto Meru sedan standards. I knew it was a third party cab but did not have any idea of additional charges.

After reaching my destination of 5.5 km, I was getting ready to pull out notes of 100 & 50 each but to my surprise, the driver said Rs.210 (About 38/km. Regular sedan would have cost 110-125). When I asked him the reason for higher fare, he said that it is a flexi cab. After getting down, I checked the Meru app which I had updated the same morning and they have silently sneaked in this Flexi non sense in the fare chart.

Now, I don't have any problem with them using this model. What I have problem with is their shady method of silently sneaking this in and no provision for a customer to know if they are being sent a flexi or a regular.
Paying 25/km for a third party dirty cab is foolish. I would rather go TFS/Genie route for the same thing and pay a lot less.

Last edited by theredliner : 19th January 2015 at 14:29.
theredliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 12:30   #214
BHPian

Default Savaari Cab

Used Savaari cab in Bangalore for an Airport drop on last Friday. I had never used their service before and this trip turned out to be quite satisfactory. The fare from Singasandra was only Rs.674/- including toll for an A/C hatchback. Initially I tried booking through web, but wasn't able to complete the booking without paying full fare in advance. I didn't want to pay up full amount before the journey, so dialled their call center and did a booking. They gave a discount of Rs.50/- for advance booking. The booking confirmation sms came immediately and contained total fare and payment mode. The cab details would arrive two hours prior to the pickup time.

I received the cab details by sms 1 hour 15 minutes prior to the pickup time. But the driver called me and informed that he is far away and won't be able to reach in time. He then assured me that he would inform the call center and arrange another cab for me. The new cab details came around 20 minutes later. They upgraded the cab to a Swift Dzire at no extra cost and the cab driver arrived in time. Since the fare was a flat rate and not distance based, they would take only the shortest route. So had to go via MG road. It was afternoon, there was decent traffic, but could reach airport in 2 hours. An sms with the bill amount was received as soon as we reached near the airport terminal. The bill came to Rs.624/- as previously appraised.
Edwardanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 02:13   #215
Senior - BHPian

A very shocking incident related to Ola Cabs !!

Comes to the point of debate - Who bears the responsibility and expenses related to an accident involving these Call Taxis - Ola, Uber, Meru, City, etc.. ?

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../46205093.cms?

Quote:
Mukesh Kumar, 37, a regular customer of Ola Cabs, had to take a flight to Mumbai for a business meeting scheduled on Tuesday. He booked a cab from his residence at Basavanagudi and left in one at about 4:45 am. Around 5:15 am, the Tata Indica bearing registration number KA 05 AE 7627, met with a severe accident near the Yelahanka Air Force Station after hitting the road divider in which the driver died. Deceased Suresh Kumar, 28, from Subramanyapura, worked with Ola Cabs.
He was operated upon at around 5 pm on Wednesday. But the family questions why Ola Cabs has not bothered to offer any kind of help to the passenger and his family. "An Ola Cabs official came to the hospital once. But we have not heard from them after that. Is it not legally bound to take steps to mend the situation? They were just waiting to escape from the situation," Suresh complained.
Mukesh's condition is stable and the family is set to file a case against Ola Cabs after the discharge. "As soon as he gets out of hospital, I will make sure that they pay for the harassment they have put us through. I am determined to take them to court," Suresh said.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 14:57   #216
BHPian

I had a nightmarish experience with Taxiforsure. The name suggests one thing while the company delivers exactly opposite. I had a flight on the morning of 31st at 5:30 from Mumbai domestic airport and had booked a cab to pick me up at around 3. I had given the pick up location in detail, despite this the driver who calls me up at 1:00 AM midnight to confirm my booking and address . My thoughts of some peaceful sleep were shattered. The fun part begins at 2:30 when i check the status of my cab and it shows that the driver is reaching in 5 mins. I gather my bags and with my family get ready to leave. It's 2:55 and the status is the same hence i start calling the driver who had called me at 1:00 AM but there is no response. All of my 15-20 calls go unanswered and it's already 3:15 with the danger of missing my flight and the connecting flight after that. I call up the customer care who say that they will get back to me within 15 mins. Thankfully they do and the new cab arrives about an hour later than the departure time of 3. We depart at 4, reach airport at 4:45 and somehow manage to board the aircraft. All this while the stupid driver who called me at 1:00 is sleeping.
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 15:08   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I had a nightmarish experience with Taxiforsure........All this while the stupid driver who called me at 1:00 is sleeping.
Yeh to "Lullll ho gaya"

On a serious note, the worst part of aggregator cab service is that - The driver is not impacted by this kind of failure of service.
For him, he just missed another earning opportunity, which he didn't prefer over his sleep. There is no salary cut, no incentive cut, no fine, nothing.

You were lucky that TFS arranged for a replacement cab. They could have easily said sorry and washed off their hands.

Coming to Meru, Easy Cabs, I guess they have some sort of accountability. I am sure these can also wash off their hands, but you can file a case against them for deficit of service, but not against Uber, OLA or TFS, since these have only got the cab for you and not own or account for them.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 18:10   #218
Senior - BHPian

It is mumbai. Black taxi should surely be available parked at the stands and driver sleepin inside even that late.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 16:38   #219
Senior - BHPian

Had my first bad experience with an Ola Cab last night. I'd booked a taxi to drop me at the airport. No problem until the cab arrived at my doors on time. The driver politely demanded Rs.115 in addition to the bill amount as he will have to return empty and Ola will not cover that expense. Since I did not have the luxury of wasting time haggling, I told the driver that I'll pay it if I get a proper receipt for that amount. He agreed halfheartedly and we set off. After crossing Kogilu cross, I called their customer care and apprised them of the situation, just to make sure the driver knows what I'm doing. I had written a strongly worded email to them soon after the trip started. After getting off, I paid thebill amount and tipped the driver, as I sometimes do. On asking, I told him that I'm doing him a favour by paying him some cash, as I could've easily settled the bill thru Ola's eWallet. Coincidentally, within minutes, I received an email from Ola apologising for the driver's behaviour and also that they're crediting the amount that I'd paid extra.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 21:50   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Had my first bad experience with an Ola Cab last night. I'd booked a taxi to drop me at the airport. No problem until the cab arrived at my doors on time. The driver politely demanded Rs.115 in addition to the bill amount as he will have to return empty and Ola will not cover that expense. Since I did not have the luxury of wasting time haggling, I told the driver that I'll pay it if I get a proper receipt for that amount. He agreed halfheartedly and we set off. After crossing Kogilu cross, I called their customer care and apprised them of the situation, just to make sure the driver knows what I'm doing. I had written a strongly worded email to them soon after the trip started. After getting off, I paid thebill amount and tipped the driver, as I sometimes do. On asking, I told him that I'm doing him a favour by paying him some cash, as I could've easily settled the bill thru Ola's eWallet. Coincidentally, within minutes, I received an email from Ola apologising for the driver's behaviour and also that they're crediting the amount that I'd paid extra.
But then, Ola website says your bill is inclusive of Rs. 75 towards Toll (they charge Rs. 75 for pick-ups from the Airport as well - making a total of Rs. 150, instead of Rs. 115 that is paid to the toll gate). The driver was trying to make a fast buck perhaps.

I really liked Ola's customer care - once they did not send a cab despite a confirmed booking - and I almost missed my flight - plus the agony of having to hunt for another cab at the last moment. Ola credited Rs. 300 to my OlaMoney account as "Goodwill". Although I had to go through the mental agony, I liked their response - have been using Ola for every need since then.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 13:59   #221
BHPian

What is the best way to get early morning taxi for Airport? Although OLA like services take advance booking, they are dependent on drivers to be online before allocating the taxi. So there is no gurantee that drivers will be available so early (say 5 am). Unlike Mumbai, everything in Pune starts late.

Is there any other service in Pune that is not just cab-hailing service? Any experience with early morning pickups?
radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 16:23   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
What is the best way to get early morning taxi for Airport? Although OLA like services take advance booking, they are dependent on drivers to be online before allocating the taxi. So there is no gurantee that drivers will be available so early (say 5 am). Unlike Mumbai, everything in Pune starts late.

Is there any other service in Pune that is not just cab-hailing service? Any experience with early morning pickups?

Meru allows you to book a cab in advance. Have used the service a couple of times and found it to be good. There is an app for that.

Edit - the Ola app also has a Ride later button. You could try that as well.

Last edited by noopster : 1st June 2015 at 19:30. Reason: Edit
torquecurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 17:00   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Meru allows you to book a cab in advance. Have used the service a couple of times and found it to be good. There is an app for that.
at least in blr every time (past 2 times) i booked a meru for early morning train stn runs, the driver was a no show so i had to book an ola using the book now feature and then login to merucabs to cancel the meru
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 17:21   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
What is the best way to get early morning taxi for Airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post

As replied by Torquecurve, +1 to Meru Cabs.

I have been using Meru's service since more than 3 years for airport drops, early morning to late night, and never ever a cab has been a min late at my home (NCR) for pick up. Instead, their drivers generally arrives at least 10-15 minutes early than the booking time.
utsav1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2015, 11:17   #225
BHPian

Hi, I recently moved to Pune and need to catch an morning flight from Mumbai next week. Do any of the radio cab services provide Mumbai airport drop / pick up service?
I am looking for individual cabs such as etios etc and not at share cab or volvo services.
Please suggest.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote